How do you Know you are saved?

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
For me, it's: “The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:” Romans 8:16 (KJV 1900)

Have you ever experienced this?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
Do you have an experience in your heart where the Holy Spirit lives? Or is it just blind faith with zero experience?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do you have an experience in your heart where the Holy Spirit lives? Or is it just blind faith with zero experience?

Mankind doesn't look to himself to see if salvation is there, he looks to the Christ who died on the cross for the forgiveness of sins. It's Christ's experience that is meaningful and where my faith lies. Not on myself.

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
Mankind doesn't look to himself to see if salvation is there, he looks to the Christ who died on the cross for the forgiveness of sins. It's Christ's experience that is meaningful and where my faith lies. Not on myself.
This is way off. If a person is saved they will have the fruit of the Spirit and a battle will rage within between the flesh and Spirit until they die.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Come, let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith....Hebrews 12:2

Navel gazing will lead to you understanding that you cannot live up to what the Law demands for salvation.

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
Come, let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith....Hebrews 12:2

Navel gazing will lead to you understanding that you cannot live up to what the Law demands for salvation.
This is the hope of salvation. But salvation involves the witness and fruit of the Holy Spirit in the hearts of the saved. And as Luther described, a mighty warfare between the flesh and Spirit until we die. Do you think you can loose your salvation? You cannot have saving faith as long as you do.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This is the hope of salvation. But salvation involves the witness and fruit of the Holy Spirit in the hearts of the saved. And as Luther described, a mighty warfare between the flesh and Spirit until we die. Do you think you can loose your salvation? You cannot have saving faith as long as you do.

The Holy Spirit does His thing without us needing to tell Him what to do. But to know if we're saved, we always look to the Savior and not ourselves.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Yup. Jesus died for ALL and since I'm a part of ALL that includes me. Otherwise, I'd never have a clue. And so the faith I have from God can embrace/apply/trust/rely on something THERE for ME, REAL for ME. Otherwise, I'd never have a clue.

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
The Holy Spirit does His thing without us needing to tell Him what to do. But to know if we're saved, we always look to the Savior and not ourselves.
The lost Pharisees looked to the savior too. Salvation is an experience clearly noticeable.

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
Yup. Jesus died for ALL and since I'm a part of ALL that includes me. Otherwise, I'd never have a clue. And so the faith I have from God can embrace/apply/trust/rely on something THERE for ME, REAL for ME. Otherwise, I'd never have a clue.

“Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?” Romans 9:21–24 (KJV 1900)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The lost Pharisees looked to the savior too. Salvation is an experience clearly noticeable.

You're mistaken. The Pharisees looked to themselves.

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
You're mistaken. The Pharisees looked to themselves.
No, they looked for the Messiah just as all Jews and Samarians did. But like today, if Christ does not reveal himself to you, you have only your ideas of what he should be to cling to.

Top Bottom