Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Divorced
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It's been a couple of months. Remember Confessional Lutheran? That's me. Andrew, if you prefer. I had an issue with my email address this week, so I had to register for another. Hi, @Josiah , @Lämmchen , @Romanos and everybody.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hi. Welcome back

Hezekiah

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Hey, man. Thanks.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Welcome back

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Glad to see you around!

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Hello and welcome back! Would you like to see about getting back into your old account? :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Hezekiah

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes

Hezekiah

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
@Confessional Lutheran logged in yesterday. Who are you?
Confessional Lutheran. Yeah, I logged in and because my andrewmcdonaldgooding@outlook.com got blitzed a couple of days ago, I had to sign up for a new email account. I'm going to Maundy Thursday Divine Service at Hope Lutheran in Manassas tonight at 7:15, but I'll be back later to see what I can do about reviving my old account. Ouch, Lammchen.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Welcome back
Thanks, man. Once my health issues get resolved ( more or less), I get technical issues. Just don't forget about your password when your job coach tells you to log into his laptop. Such is life, but it can be a bit of a pain. Autofill is generally a good thing, but when you have to remember something off the fly and you can't, it kind of sucks.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Confessional Lutheran, Virginian born and bred and also known as Andrew. I logged out, too. :/

Let's see if I understand.... you came here yesterday under Confessional Lutheran... then 20 minutes later as Confession1, having re-registered undr a different name? Did you re-register because you had problems 20 minutes earlier? I'm not really following you.... well... that's okay.

It's very easy for Staff to confirm you are one and the same, and I'm sure Romanos did that,

Sooooooooo... bottom line... welcome!

Yeah, Romanos can restore your former name.

Blessings on your Holy Week!

Josiah

Hezekiah

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Let's see if I understand.... you came here yesterday under Confessional Lutheran... then 20 minutes later as Confession1, having re-registered undr a different name? Did you re-register because you had problems 20 minutes earlier? I'm not really following you.... well... that's okay.

It's very easy for Staff to confirm you are one and the same, and I'm sure Romanos did that,

Sooooooooo... bottom line... welcome!

Yeah, Romanos can restore your former name.

Blessings on your Holy Week!

Josiah
Okay. I had autofill on this particular PC, so I was able to log in as Confessional Lutheran. I had difficulties with my outlook email account a couple of days ago. I didn't want to have people send me emails to an account that I couldn't get into. I let Pastor Wallschlaeger, my parents and my job coach know that I changed my account, as well as my bank, ancestry.com, 23andMe.com, Concordia Publishing House , Barnes and Noble. I logged out as Confessional Lutheran. I had to relog in and as I didn't have access to my old email, I made a new account under my new email addy. My Holy Week has reminded me that where my treasures are, there is my heart, also. I've had a pretty harsh Monday and Tuesday, yesterday was a little better ( I had an interview for a receptionist position that I feel pretty good about) and today has been fantastic. I know that this is a pretty small cross to bear in the grand scheme of things, but that small cross weighed heavily on my mind. Sometimes, everything has to be erased.

My name is Andrew, I've been a Confessional Lutheran since 2013, when Pastor McKenzie received me into Hope Lutheran Church in Jacksonville, FL. I moved back to Virginia after my divorce in 2014 and I attend Hope Lutheran Church in Manassas, VA. My bloodline is basically English and Scottish, with one French Creole Great- grandmother and traces of Germanic heritage from both sides of the family. I like history, religious studies and genealogy.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Okay. I had autofill on this particular PC, so I was able to log in as Confessional Lutheran. I had difficulties with my outlook email account a couple of days ago. I didn't want to have people send me emails to an account that I couldn't get into. I let Pastor Wallschlaeger, my parents and my job coach know that I changed my account, as well as my bank, ancestry.com, 23andMe.com, Concordia Publishing House , Barnes and Noble. I logged out as Confessional Lutheran. I had to relog in and as I didn't have access to my old email, I made a new account under my new email addy. My Holy Week has reminded me that where my treasures are, there is my heart, also. I've had a pretty harsh Monday and Tuesday, yesterday was a little better ( I had an interview for a receptionist position that I feel pretty good about) and today has been fantastic. I know that this is a pretty small cross to bear in the grand scheme of things, but that small cross weighed heavily on my mind. Sometimes, everything has to be erased.

My name is Andrew, I've been a Confessional Lutheran since 2013, when Pastor McKenzie received me into Hope Lutheran Church in Jacksonville, FL. I moved back to Virginia after my divorce in 2014 and I attend Hope Lutheran Church in Manassas, VA. My bloodline is basically English and Scottish, with one French Creole Great- grandmother and traces of Germanic heritage from both sides of the family. I like history, religious studies and genealogy.

Please contact our Facebook page with the account you normally use for Facebook. I have the ID for that account saved so it has to be from that account please.

Hezekiah

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
I updated my Facebook account with my new email ( which is my old email with " andrew" subtracted) when I updated everything else. Well, I did send you all my " hellos" at Facebook all the same.

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I updated my Facebook account with my new email ( which is my old email with " andrew" subtracted) when I updated everything else. Well, I did send you all my " hellos" at Facebook all the same.

I'm waiting to hear back from the owner, I wrote him last night.

We need to work on doing something to verify users when things like this happen and it's a legitimate concern because I know other sites have had people scam their way in which is why I need to be diligent with security on my end.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Confessional...

Sorry this happened to you!
Glad to have you here....

MY (rather worthless) advise would be to inform the Staff when such problems exist (at nearly all sites, the contact email is on the main page - just for such issues). Romanos and Lamm may have been able to address this for you.

Having been on staff elsewhere, one genuine problem is "socks" - when one poster creates more than one account, pretending to be different people. This is done sometimes to evade bans and other staff actions, sometimes so they can have conversations with themselves, sometimes because some have come to dislike or ignore them. At some sites, "sock"accounts are not allowed. Usually, Staff can verify that it's the same person BUT skilled posters can avoid this (I won't tell you how, lol) Staff is always "on guard" for sock accounts, although obviously you were not a problematic poster.

Anyway, good to have you in our community. I hope to see you around (a lot)....

A blessed Easter to you and yours....

Josiah

Hezekiah

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
I'm waiting to hear back from the owner, I wrote him last night.

We need to work on doing something to verify users when things like this happen and it's a legitimate concern because I know other sites have had people scam their way in which is why I need to be diligent with security on my end.
Understood. It does get to be kind of a pain for you guys, I'm sure. It's not overly fun for me, either.

Hezekiah

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Confessional...

MY (rather worthless) advise would be to inform the Staff when such problems exist (at nearly all sites, the contact email is on the main page - just for such issues). Romanos and Lamm may have been able to address this for you.

Having been on staff elsewhere, one genuine problem is "socks" - when one poster creates more than one account, pretending to be different people. This is done sometimes to evade bans and other staff actions, sometimes so they can have conversations with themselves, sometimes because some have come to dislike or ignore them. At some sites, "sock"accounts are not allowed. Usually, Staff can verify that it's the same person BUT skilled posters can avoid this (I won't tell you how, lol) Staff is always "on guard" for sock accounts, although obviously you were not a problematic poster.

Josiah
All I can say man, is that time will tell. @Lämmchen might be waiting awhile for an answer from the "andrew" outlook account, but the "mcdonald" outlook account will take her straight to me. I don't know what else I can do to prove I am who I say I am. My Confirmation verse is John 15:5. My honor will speak for me in the posts to come, God willing.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Confessional...

Josiah

We had temporarily disabled our Contact Us due to too much spamming going on but our Facebook page is always up so it's okay to contact us through there...especially if the member is following the site. That makes it easier to verify.

Top Bottom