Lanman87

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Hello all,

I am a Christian who lives in the buckle of the Bible Belt in the USA. I've spent most of my life as a Southern Baptist but 7 years ago I joined a Non-Demoninational Church that part of the Acts 29 church planting network. We are technically non-denom because we are not affiliated with any denomination but theologically we are reformed leaning Baptist. Our small church book stand has a lot of John Piper, David Platt, Al Mohler, and Matt Chandler books.

I listen to The Grace Coalition Podcast, the Briefing with Al Mohler, and the White Horse Inn Podcast and am usually reading Christian/Theology/Church History books.

I was thrown a loop a few years ago when my son started dating a nice Catholic girl (who is now my daughter in law) so I researched Catholicism. I've read enough Catholic apologist where I can pretty much give you the list of Catholic arguments from memory. And while I learned a great deal about Catholic teaching and church history, I'm still not convinced. I've also learned a lot about Calvinist/Reformed Theology (going to a Reformed leaning church) and while I appreciate its depth I still haven't totally picked a TULIP.

I'm always interested in discussing the two things you aren't supposed to discuss in public. Religion and College Football. (where I'm from they are both religions)
I make every attempt to be kind and generous while holding fast to my convictions when interacting with others who may or may not have similar beliefs.

Anyway, my hope is that this is a good place for discussion with the occasional friendly debate.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Hello all,

I am a Christian who lives in the buckle of the Bible Belt in the USA. I've spent most of my life as a Southern Baptist but 7 years ago I joined a Non-Demoninational Church that part of the Acts 29 church planting network. We are technically non-denom because we are not affiliated with any denomination but theologically we are reformed leaning Baptist. Our small church book stand has a lot of John Piper, David Platt, Al Mohler, and Matt Chandler books.

I listen to The Grace Coalition Podcast, the Briefing with Al Mohler, and the White Horse Inn Podcast and am usually reading Christian/Theology/Church History books.

I was thrown a loop a few years ago when my son started dating a nice Catholic girl (who is now my daughter in law) so I researched Catholicism. I've read enough Catholic apologist where I can pretty much give you the list of Catholic arguments from memory. And while I learned a great deal about Catholic teaching and church history, I'm still not convinced. I've also learned a lot about Calvinist/Reformed Theology (going to a Reformed leaning church) and while I appreciate its depth I still haven't totally picked a TULIP.

I'm always interested in discussing the two things you aren't supposed to discuss in public. Religion and College Football. (where I'm from they are both religions)
I make every attempt to be kind and generous while holding fast to my convictions when interacting with others who may or may not have similar beliefs.

Anyway, my hope is that this is a good place for discussion with the occasional friendly debate.
Wow now that's what I call an introduction!
Welcome to the community!!
Btw how do you find us?

Lanman87

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When my son told me "I might become a Catholic" I joined the Catholic Answers forums in order to ask questions to Catholics. The only Catholics I know personally are my daughter in laws family. It would be kinda awkward asking her dad, "So where did ya'll come up with the purgatory thing anyway"? I spent several years on Catholic Answer and was one of the token Non-Catholics who frequented the forum. I got into some vigorous debates with Catholics but was (mostly) in good standing on the board. I enjoyed the discussion because it made me think and research instead of giving pat answers. I ended up reading, not only many of the Ante-Nicene fathers but also Augustine, Luther, Calvin, Jonathan Edwards and others. As a result my faith has become more intellectual and deep.

Catholic Answers is closing their forums tomorrow and someone posted a link to this site as a possible alternative.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hello and welcome to the site! :coffee:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Welcome, be blessed here

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Welcome to CH! We've been around for 5 1/5 years and people come and go, so for now I think we don't have any active Catholics but we do have former Catholics here. My husband is Catholic and I'm Lutheran and we've been married for 30 years and dated for 6 before marriage.

I'm so sorry to read that Catholic Answers will be closing. It's a shame they didn't sell it to someone else just to keep it going.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Welcome to the Community!!! I look forward to seeing you around and to discussions....

I grew up Catholic and still have a big heart and much respect for that community. But as a teen, I converted to conservative Lutheranism. My wife grew up very conservative Reformed but also converted to Lutheranism.

God's richest blessings to you and yours in this Christmas Season....

- Josiah

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Welcome, thank you for coming over and signing up! :)

Top Bottom