God did not create sex for pleasure

NathanH83

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The purpose of sex is to reproduce. God made it pleasurable, because he wants us to reproduce. He also made other things pleasurable too.

cookieman

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I agree with what he said with the exception of how he (God) didn't want the pleasure part to be experienced. (Scenario), God wants us to procreate right? Did you think God wanted to make it unpleasurable so that you would not want to do it again in order to have more children? It doesn't make since that you don't enjoy the result of the act so much that he would want you too never do it again even if IT WAS ONLY for the reason of procreation! But I also agree that it should not be abused just for the sake of getting your jollies on. And yes, he did make the body parts that we get rid of built up waste and bad water with contaminants it should carry out of the body though the urinal tract and the purpose of feeding the baby. But also, to distribute the seed from man to women for feralization. The only time in History of all of life it wasn't pleasurable, and conception was still made was when God caused Mary to conceive in her womb Jesus by his miraculous hand. Made without human interference, and I add, without the women's consent or involvement! The one physical felt joy from human involvement was when Mary felt the baby leap in her womb (better translated, stomach) like as Martha did, John the Baptist mother.

Nomad

Religious Affiliation
Hindu
No
1 - the fact that an activity is pleasurable does not mean that it was created with the goal of being used for pleasure.
2 - yes, you can.
Please explain how you procreate without experiencing pleasure. If you need sex to reproduce and sex itself is a pleasure. Were you referring to procreation on a petri dish?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Please explain how you procreate without experiencing pleasure.
Ah, but that isn't the issue. As Lucian was saying, the question concerns the primary purpose for which God created this activity.

Was it so that humans would have pleasure...but that came with the secondary consequence of producing children? Or was it created so that the species would continue on...but in order to make people want to engage in the activity, God made it pleasurable also?

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
-

Last edited:

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Please explain how you procreate without experiencing pleasure. If you need sex to reproduce and sex itself is a pleasure. Were you referring to procreation on a petri dish?
Don't expect me to remember what I was thinking when I wrote that, almost a year ago. I really couldn't tell you.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Is the PRIMARY purpose pleasure? Probably not.

Is it a purposeful side benefit? Probably.

Prepared

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
God did create the reproductive organs for men and women to procreate, but He did not create sex as a means to seek pleasure. That is what Jesse Lee Peterson is stating in this video and that is what God seems to have been leading me to believe as He has been changing me over the past year...

What are your thoughts? And please, please try to not allow your preconceived ideas about sex and your sexual desires do the thinking for you before you reply.
I think the purpose of intercourse was / is to be fruitful multiply and replenish the Earth.
But since pleasure exist in sexual intercourse, it is a gift from God, man has just missed used that pleasure.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I am reliably informed that sex is in fact pleasurable for many people.

Prepared

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
God did create the reproductive organs for men and women to procreate, but He did not create sex as a means to seek pleasure. That is what Jesse Lee Peterson is stating in this video and that is what God seems to have been leading me to believe as He has been changing me over the past year...

What are your thoughts? And please, please try to not allow your preconceived ideas about sex and your sexual desires do the thinking for you before you reply.

I didn't listen to the video - I already have my own ideas and have had them for a few decades.
I knew exactly what he was doing - if he didn't mean for the flesh to experience pleasure, he could have designed a man differently.

It's all about control of desires and obedience to his way as well as procreation.

Top Bottom