Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I saw a article recently about how Trump plans to give his acceptance speech for the Republican National Convention from one of the White House lawns or the Gettysburg battlefield. I have no idea why he wants to go to Gettysburg, but whatever.
But, I was wondering how you felt about a politician giving a convention or political speech on federal property? Some say it is a violate of the Hatch Act. I know that a lot of the President's "press briefings" which feature him talking about his favorite subject which is himself sound very much like political speeches.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I looked up the Hatch Act I see that it excludes the President and Vice President. How are they saying he's violating something that he's excluded from?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I looked up the Hatch Act I see that it excludes the President and Vice President. How are they saying he's violating something that he's excluded from?

Orange man bad. I thought you'd have figured that out by now....

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The article I read said that Trump himself is not breaking that act but others are by supporting his speaking from the White House

Top Bottom