Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
What's the longest you've fasted and why?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I fast from food every single day, often for 8-12 hours.

siddhi koli

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
9 years ago when I become Vaishnav and i was eating pure vegetarian or vegan.for moksha (salvation). 😔

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
9 years ago when I become Vaishnav and i was eating pure vegetarian or vegan.for moksha (salvation). 😔

Now that you're Christian, I'm glad you no longer fast to try to earn salvation.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
What's the longest you've fasted and why?

I fasted for three days one time for my own reasons.

As a very young believer I fasted with another believer, a good friend of mine from Church, for 24 hours. He had taken on a boarder, in his home, as he was very soft hearted.

But the boarder was very 'spiritually' an alien to things Christian. And he became very threatening to my friend. I became involved because I met at my friends house every morning before going to work for a brief Bible Study.

One morning during our Bible Study, the boarder came walking through the room. He stopped and looked at us, and told us plainly to be careful what you are doing, in a threatening manner. After he left, I told my friend I think this man has a demonic spirit.

My friend knew a retired missionary who lived close by. He had him come over and talk to the boarder as he had experience in this area. After the meeting, the missionary told my friend, that is the most demon possessed man he ever met.

Me and my friend met and decided on a 24 hour fast and to pray constantly that God would remove this problem. We were not trying to cast out any demon. Only praying that God would remove this problem.

My friend called me a day later and said the boarder was gone. I asked where? He said he doesn't know. He just packed up in the middle of the night and left.

Lees

Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Unvoluntary fast for 3 days due to having the flu. Nothing would stay down, except for sips of water.

Top Bottom