FAITH MAKES YOU ELIGIBLE

Rikelly

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Despite the fact that we all are going to church, our eligibility to God's blessing is the acts of faith. It takes faith to understand, get rooted and be established by the word of God. Hebrews 11:1-5

What is faith? Faith is total obedience to God's word. Faith is doing accordingly to the word of God. By doing what God's word says, we are eligible to the blessings of the covenant.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Beloved, we need to act upon God's word in faith so that we can extract the blessings in it. For faith is the currency through which we get from God. If you don't believe, you can't receive answers to your prayers not even the blessings thereof.

Hebrews 4:2
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Faith is the key to profitable living. Faith is the seed of fruitfulness. When your faith is planted as a seed, it grows. Faith as a seed is nurtured and nourished by the word of God. It's important to cultivate your faith, and build it up to withstand life challenges.

God is a seeker of faith (Luke 18:1,8).
Your faith is your strength. Your capability is determined not by your physics but by your faith. Believers operate in the supernatural by faith.

The mountain in front of you will not respond to your physical strength but it will respond to your faith. When you profess faith in whatever you do, the result is positive and life becomes profitable. Hebrews 11:30-32

Thanks for reading this message

#livingwordchannel

Get more from www.facebook.com/livingwordchannel

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It sounds as if you're making faith a condition of things instead of the Savior as being the condition?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I look at it like this. Christ gets us in the house and like any house there are many doors. Faith is the key that opens those doors and without it we cannot please God

Rikelly

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
It sounds as if you're making faith a condition of things instead of the Savior as being the condition?
Yeah without faith we cannot please God.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rikelly

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I look at it like this. Christ gets us in the house and like any house there are many doors. Faith is the key that opens those doors and without it we cannot please God
Yeah without faith we cannot please God

Rikelly

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Kindly read the message again..

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yeah without faith we cannot please God.

This is true but your op makes it appear as if faith is something that we are working at instead of it being a gift from God. Faith doesn't emanate from within us. Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith.

TangledWeb

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Despite the fact that we all are going to church, our eligibility to God's blessing is the acts of faith. It takes faith to understand, get rooted and be established by the word of God. Hebrews 11:1-5

What is faith? Faith is total obedience to God's word. Faith is doing accordingly to the word of God. By doing what God's word says, we are eligible to the blessings of the covenant.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Beloved, we need to act upon God's word in faith so that we can extract the blessings in it. For faith is the currency through which we get from God. If you don't believe, you can't receive answers to your prayers not even the blessings thereof.

Hebrews 4:2
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Faith is the key to profitable living. Faith is the seed of fruitfulness. When your faith is planted as a seed, it grows. Faith as a seed is nurtured and nourished by the word of God. It's important to cultivate your faith, and build it up to withstand life challenges.

God is a seeker of faith (Luke 18:1,8).
Your faith is your strength. Your capability is determined not by your physics but by your faith. Believers operate in the supernatural by faith.

The mountain in front of you will not respond to your physical strength but it will respond to your faith. When you profess faith in whatever you do, the result is positive and life becomes profitable. Hebrews 11:30-32

Thanks for reading this message

#livingwordchannel

Get more from www.facebook.com/livingwordchannel

What is God doing in all this according to your beliefs, sir? You wrote that God is a seeker of faith but then how does that line up with the bible showing us that faith is a gift from God, for if he's searching then he knows where to find where he has placed it, does he not?

Rikelly

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
What is God doing in all this according to your beliefs, sir? You wrote that God is a seeker of faith but then how does that line up with the bible showing us that faith is a gift from God, for if he's searching then he knows where to find where he has placed it, does he not?
There is a point with this scripture..

Luke 18:8 NIV
I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?

My point is, Faith in God is what God requires. Believing God at all time is the key point here.

Take for instance, God comes today, will He find you holding on to your faith. The world we live today so many has traded their faith, they have lost it.

I don't argue that faith is a gift, but Faith is gateway to God's blessings, faith comes by God's word and faith is built by it.

We are to rely on Faith. The JUST shall live by faith. Faith is the key to salvation.

Galatians 3:9
"So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith".

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
This is true but your op makes it appear as if faith is something that we are working at instead of it being a gift from God. Faith doesn't emanate from within us. Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith.
We are all given a measure of faith, once that is given we can either grow our faith or kill it. Depends on how much we are in the world, did we kill our old man, do we read the Word and pray?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married

You have described works which faith generates.
Hebrews 11:1 defines what faith is.
[1]Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
Since no human is ever totally obedient to God, we cannot say we have total faith by conjuring faith from our own will. In fact, left to our sinful choices, we would never generate faith on our own. This is why God tells us that faith is given to the redeemed as a gift from God. God gives us faith and activates faith within us despite our sinful nature to do otherwise.
When you read the legacy of faith in Hebrews 11, note that all of the people listed were severely flawed people who could not have done what they did had God not gifted them faith.
If you have faith...praise God...because faith doesn't come from within your self.

Rikelly

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Pls share the scripture that says faith is gifted to us. We are all learning... I will love to read that scripture.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
There is a point with this scripture..

Luke 18:8 NIV
I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?

My point is, Faith in God is what God requires. Believing God at all time is the key point here.

Take for instance, God comes today, will He find you holding on to your faith. The world we live today so many has traded their faith, they have lost it.

I don't argue that faith is a gift, but Faith is gateway to God's blessings, faith comes by God's word and faith is built by it.

We are to rely on Faith. The JUST shall live by faith. Faith is the key to salvation.

Galatians 3:9
"So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith".

You have a circular dilemma. You state: "Faith is what God requires." You also say "Faith is a gift from God."
I agree with both assertions. However, this means that humans cannot choose God to be saved because they cannot have faith until God gives it to them. And until God gives them faith, they cannot believe. Thus we conclude that God must first choose the individual whom He will save and give them the gift of faith so that they will believe.
Perhaps you didn't realize that you were arguing the Calvinist position of election, but the way you have laid it out, you confirm that salvation and works of faith are all from God. Upon this last statement, I concur.

Rikelly

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I place no argument on any hood. Understanding is vital.

I just unfolded this scripture which you never stated to backup your claims.

1 Corinthians 12:7-11 NIV
Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. [8] To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, [9] to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, [10] to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. [11] All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

I agree faith is gifted by the Spirit.

Before you received Christ Jesus have you received the Holy Spirit?

Did you received the Holy Spirit before Christ?

There are levels of faith.. that you must understand.

Faith comes by the word of God.

You must have heard about God before you believed. Someone preached to you.

Romans 10:14,17 NIV
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? [17] Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
We are all given a measure of faith, once that is given we can either grow our faith or kill it. Depends on how much we are in the world, did we kill our old man, do we read the Word and pray?

Psalm 91, by our own efforts we would kill faith everytime. You cannot kill your old man, no matter how hard you discipline yourself. The old man will fight until you die.
The disciplines we embark on are disciplines provoked by God's love. God will kill our self. That is His process of sanctification. He doesn't need our help. He is the one who leads us beside still waters and through the valley of the shadow of death. God's gift of faith allows us the ability to fear no evil for God is with us.
Be very careful of falling into legalism and self-righteousness as the counterfeit to faith.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Pls share the scripture that says faith is gifted to us. We are all learning... I will love to read that scripture.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Rikelly

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 91, by our own efforts we would kill faith everytime. You cannot kill your old man, no matter how hard you discipline yourself. The old man will fight until you die.
The disciplines we embark on are disciplines provoked by God's love. God will kill our self. That is His process of sanctification. He doesn't need our help. He is the one who leads us beside still waters and through the valley of the shadow of death. God's gift of faith allows us the ability to fear no evil for God is with us.
Be very careful of falling into legalism and self-righteousness as the counterfeit to faith.
This is no self righteousness.. every word written are with scriptural backings.. The word of God cannot lie.

The righteousness of God that we possess is of faith. It becomes self righteousness when we live by the law..

FAITH COMES BY THE WORD OF GOD.
Luke 17:5
The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith"

The purpose of God's word is to build our faith. For without faith life is unprofitable.

Rikelly

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
The gift of God stated here, is Jesus. It speaks of believing in Jesus who God has given as a lamb to save the world. Jesus is the perfect gift of salvation given to us without our merit. But we need to believe in Jesus to be saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith---and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--- [9] not by works, so that no one can boast.

We didn't work for it, we were given the grace to receive it by faith.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I place no argument on any hood. Understanding is vital.

I just unfolded this scripture which you never stated to backup your claims.

1 Corinthians 12:7-11 NIV
Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. [8] To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, [9] to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, [10] to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. [11] All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

I agree faith is gifted by the Spirit.

Before you received Christ Jesus have you received the Holy Spirit?

Did you received the Holy Spirit before Christ?

There are levels of faith.. that you must understand.

Faith comes by the word of God.

You must have heard about God before you believed. Someone preached to you.

Romans 10:14,17 NIV
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? [17] Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

Both your scripture verses are written to those who are saved already. The letters Paul wrote are sent to the saved, not the unsaved. Thus 1 Corinthians 12 is given to those whom God has gifted faith already. God is the giver of gifts and he gifts greater faith to some.
In Ephesians 2:1-10, we read how the Christian goes from death to life by God's choosing. Let us read what God says.
you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Notice that sin and our trespasses against God caused us to be dead. There was no hope for us. As dead men we could not believe. We could not have faith. We could not choose God.
Yet, we keep reading and see that Paul contrasts our dead state by saying "But God," which means that God is the cause agent to make something happen. What did God do? Paul tells us. God made us alive in Christ Jesus. God, who is rich in mercy and rich in love, chose to make us alive. God graciously made us alive. God graciously saved us. God graciously gave us faith. God graciously gave us preprepared works that we would do to His glory.
The burden is off from you, Rikelly. Jesus yoke is easy. Rest in Christ. He has chosen you, just as he chose Abraham, Israel, David and the Disciples. He has equipped you with faith for every good work. Praise God. We ought to be filled with great joy. God is so good!!!

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
The gift of God stated here, is Jesus. It speaks of believing in Jesus who God has given as a lamb to save the world. Jesus is the perfect gift of salvation given to us without our merit. But we need to believe in Jesus to be saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith---and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--- [9] not by works, so that no one can boast.

We didn't work for it, we were given the grace to receive it by faith.

That's quite the hatchet job of that verse. How did you come to that understanding of it?

Top Bottom