Catholic Only Do you think Catholics are being harshly criticized?

Henrywrites

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I am writing this from the position of anger. I have been a Roman Catholic since I was born, my parents were and my extended family are Catholics. I feel that there are a lot of times other denominations criticize the Catholic church harshly for one thing or another. Maybe because of the way we read the Bible. Do you think this is true?

Faith

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am writing this from the position of anger. I have been a Roman Catholic since I was born, my parents were and my extended family are Catholics. I feel that there are a lot of times other denominations criticize the Catholic church harshly for one thing or another. Maybe because of the way we read the Bible. Do you think this is true?
I grew up Catholic in a very Catholic area, and currently live in a vey Catholic area again. I never heard anything anti Catholic growing up but thats probably due to going to a Catholic grade school and living in a mostly Catholic neighborhood.
I do think Catholics are sometimes judged harshly now.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I agree that there is a harsh note from some when they describe what they think about Catholics and Catholicism. But what can one do about it? When encountered a gentle correction is worthwhile, but if that is rebuked then a timely and gracious withdrawal may be the best ting to do.

God bless.

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
[not a Catholic, but …] Yes, I think Catholics are often treated badly (online) without just cause.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
@Henrywrites

No longer Catholic so I can't reply. But I shared this admittedly RANT here 7 years ago.... I might add, my son attends a Catholic School.... there are private Protestant schools in our area but we enrolled him at this Catholic school, and it's a great blessing.

- Josiah (Lutheran convert from Catholicism)

Last edited:

Faith

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I grew up Catholic in a very Catholic area, and currently live in a vey Catholic area again. I never heard anything anti Catholic growing up but thats probably due to going to a Catholic grade school and living in a mostly Catholic neighborhood.
I do think Catholics are sometimes judged harshly now.
ETA: I’m Lutheran now.

Top Bottom