Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I own a copy of the book of Mormon but never read too much of it, I intended on using it against the elders should they come knocking on my door but according to the book there is just no way they have read the NT and still believe Joseph Smiths story..

I just now skimmed over two pages where "Jesus" is repeating himself over and over to the natives how is in the Father and the Father in Him and the Holy Spirit is in us and we in the Spirit and together we are one and if you do not accept "my" doctrine (of Trinity) you cannot enter the kingdom of Heaven.. yeah because that sounds like something Jesus would say [emoji52]

He then tells the Native Americans (who are really Israelites) the exact method of how to baptize, first recite this exactly "authority has been given to me of Jesus Christ, I baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost .Amen" and then you immerse them in the water and come forth out of the water and then after this manner you shall baptize in my name... so which is it? The Trinity or His Name?

But then he quotes from Malachi saying that before the great and terrible judgment where the wicked shall be burned to stubble I will send you Elijah who shall turn the hearts of father to children and children to father lest I smite the earth with a curse... So.. the wicked are burned up but on top of that "Jesus" might smite the Earth with a curse if Elijah doesn't show up or doesn't turn the hearts of men and children??
Well that prophecy in Malachi concerning Elijahs return already came to pass, Jesus identified him as John the Baptist.

Such a weird little book, I mean, wouldn't the settlers to America meet a bunch of Christians when they arrived?

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
If you really want to refute them use what is called the D & C. That is where you will find some really fantastic stuff.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
If you really want to refute them use what is called the D & C. That is where you will find some really fantastic stuff.
D & C?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes if you go on their official website you will fnd it and in there is some of the more controversial beliefs.

NathanH83

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I own a copy of the book of Mormon but never read too much of it, I intended on using it against the elders should they come knocking on my door but according to the book there is just no way they have read the NT and still believe Joseph Smiths story..

I just now skimmed over two pages where "Jesus" is repeating himself over and over to the natives how is in the Father and the Father in Him and the Holy Spirit is in us and we in the Spirit and together we are one and if you do not accept "my" doctrine (of Trinity) you cannot enter the kingdom of Heaven.. yeah because that sounds like something Jesus would say [emoji52]

He then tells the Native Americans (who are really Israelites) the exact method of how to baptize, first recite this exactly "authority has been given to me of Jesus Christ, I baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost .Amen" and then you immerse them in the water and come forth out of the water and then after this manner you shall baptize in my name... so which is it? The Trinity or His Name?

But then he quotes from Malachi saying that before the great and terrible judgment where the wicked shall be burned to stubble I will send you Elijah who shall turn the hearts of father to children and children to father lest I smite the earth with a curse... So.. the wicked are burned up but on top of that "Jesus" might smite the Earth with a curse if Elijah doesn't show up or doesn't turn the hearts of men and children??
Well that prophecy in Malachi concerning Elijahs return already came to pass, Jesus identified him as John the Baptist.

Such a weird little book, I mean, wouldn't the settlers to America meet a bunch of Christians when they arrived?

I recommend South Park, Season 7, episode 12, “All About Mormons”.

Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum.

No, but seriously. There’s a really good Christian documentary called “The Bible vs The Book of Mormon” that I highly recommend.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I recommend South Park, Season 7, episode 12, “All About Mormons”.

Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum.

No, but seriously. There’s a really good Christian documentary called “The Bible vs The Book of Mormon” that I highly recommend.

Top Bottom