Devotional

Faith

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

I just bought a new devotional and Jesus is referred to as our “strength, eternal comfort and perfect lover.” I heard a Catholic deacon use the word lover before, too. Is it me or is that common, or even ok? Have any of you heard of this before?
The devo is called Daily Strength for Woman. No author is given. It seems to be a compilation of various works and has lots of Scripture included. I ordered it from Amazon.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I just bought a new devotional and Jesus is referred to as our “strength, eternal comfort and perfect lover.” I heard a Catholic deacon use the word lover before, too. Is it me or is that common, or even ok? Have any of you heard of this before?
The devo is called Daily Strength for Woman. No author is given. It seems to be a compilation of various works and has lots of Scripture included. I ordered it from Amazon.

It sounds very awkward. Do they mean the one who loves us all perfectly?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'd call it uncommon. In fact, I don't recall if I've ever heard it worded just that way.

Faith

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It sounds very awkward. Do they mean the one who loves us all perfectly?
I'd call it uncommon. In fact, I don't recall if I've ever heard it worded just that way.
It seems weird to me too. I GUESS they Mean one who loves us perfectly but I dunno. I tried emailing the publisher but it said the email was invalid.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It seems weird to me too. I GUESS they Mean one who loves us perfectly but I dunno. I tried emailing the publisher but it said the email was invalid.
Judging from the other divine characteristics that he referred to in that statement, I'd guess that the writer was intent upon driving home the idea that Christ really cares for you, is always near, loves with a perfect, unselfish love, etc. etc.

In trying to personalize the point, the deacon and this author used a word that we usually associate with something else, but I don't think there's any hidden agenda or peculiar theology involved.

Faith

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Judging from the other divine characteristics that he referred to in that statement, I'd guess that the writer was intent upon driving home the idea that Christ really cares for you, is always near, loves with a perfect, unselfish love, etc. etc.

In trying to personalize the point, the deacon and this author used a word that we usually associate with something else, but I don't think there's any hidden agenda or peculiar theology involved.
Ok, good.

Top Bottom