... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Of course. Mr. Trumpster was doing the exact same thing. It's an easy thing to take credit for.

It's a depressingly recurring theme. Anything that goes well is because of this administration's good decisions and anything that goes badly is because of the mess left by the previous administration. Of course the previous administration says that anything good is because of their legacy and anything bad is because the incoming administration ruined the legacy.

It's the same every time things change...

Cam

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's a depressingly recurring theme. Anything that goes well is because of this administration's good decisions and anything that goes badly is because of the mess left by the previous administration. Of course the previous administration says that anything good is because of their legacy and anything bad is because the incoming administration ruined the legacy.

It's the same every time things change...

That's precisely why I dislike the Democrats vs. Republicans nonsense. Political parties need to be thrown away. Every time anything goes wrong, America decides it's time for a change, and they opt to vote in a new President from the opposite political party. You saw that moving from Clinton to Bush. From Bush to Obama. Obama to Trump. And now Trump to Biden. If every President is cleaning the slate and starting anew, then we're really just going in circles. I was not remotely a fan of Trump, and I've never voted for him... I'm just not sure it makes sense for Biden to undo everything that Trump has done over the last four years. It's all counterproductive.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's precisely why I dislike the Democrats vs. Republicans nonsense. Political parties need to be thrown away. Every time anything goes wrong, America decides it's time for a change, and they opt to vote in a new President from the opposite political party. You saw that moving from Clinton to Bush. From Bush to Obama. Obama to Trump. And now Trump to Biden. If every President is cleaning the slate and starting anew, then we're really just going in circles. I was not remotely a fan of Trump, and I've never voted for him... I'm just not sure it makes sense for Biden to undo everything that Trump has done over the last four years. It's all counterproductive.

I agree.

We need some type of party though but I feel that 5 different parties would work best so that this back and forth business ends each election. I think 5 is a good number because it's an odd number for one so chances of having a tie when there is a vote is minimal but also so that there could be a progressive side and liberal faction for each of the Dem/Rep side.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

True, and the growing tendency to govern by executive order means that an incoming president's first day is little more than signing a bunch of executive orders to undo the executive orders signed by their predecessor.

Why the "land of the free" allows one person to simply sign an order and be done with it is beyond me. I thought the reason King George was kicked out was precisely to escape that kind of rule.

Top Bottom