Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
For those who watched Biden's first press conference, what did you think? If you didn't watch then it's probably best if you watch a video of it before making comments? That would be appreciated.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
For those who watched Biden's first press conference, what did you think? If you didn't watch then it's probably best if you watch a video of it before making comments? That would be appreciated.
It seemed at times to be script prepared.
Meaning questions are known ahead of time.
An example is that seemed he had a list of reporters names to call on knowing their specific questions.

Only saw the last 20 or 30mins.
Didn't notice anything concerning dementia.

Last edited:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I saw some of it and I thought he seemed very prepared for the questions that were asked

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Answering the question asked would be helpful. Not sure how the lengthy dialogue on infrastructure answered the questions regarding guns control. There were several others too.

Having the questions ahead of time and preparing the answers is not really a press conference IMHO.

It does seem like things at the border got worse since he took office. Why is it that the US has to be the one to deal with the illegals coming across. They need to be vetted before being housed in the US is what I think and the vetting needs to be done in conjunction with the Mexican government. But we all know that won't happen.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Finished viewing the whole of the conference.
And found a few reactions that were strange in the behavior spectrum.
Not sure about dementia being the root cause.
But I've seen similar behaviors in a relative I looked after that suffered from dementia.
There are many causes for the symptoms of dementia that are difficult to narrow focus on.
The deterioration rate is exponential over a ten yr period if untreated.
And death is averaged after ten of diagnosis.

With the current president having the best medical professionals treating his conditions(what ever they may be) I can only assume that he will have a prolonged life.

Blessings Always

Last edited:

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Answering the question asked would be helpful. Not sure how the lengthy dialogue on infrastructure answered the questions regarding guns control. There were several others too.

Having the questions ahead of time and preparing the answers is not really a press conference IMHO.

It does seem like things at the border got worse since he took office. Why is it that the US has to be the one to deal with the illegals coming across. They need to be vetted before being housed in the US is what I think and the vetting needs to be done in conjunction with the Mexican government. But we all know that won't happen.
They the Mexican government was aiding the US a few yrs ago with our tax payer funded insintives put in place by Trump.
They were being paid to help secure both the US and Mexico border And the southern border of Mexico as preventive measure.
Biden removed those funds along with the keystone pipeline.
Difference is a foreign nation cant sue as the keystone contractors have.

Blessings Always

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The stumble script I noticed most was bidens reference to a 120yr parallel to the greco roman phillosbuster.
A mark of death

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I watched the Press Conference as it aired live. Here are my thoughts.

It seemed at first that he was prepared and learned by memory the answers that were expected from him, until he lost his way which happened a couple times. The first time he stared blankly into the camera and my heart just fell because I knew that the world was watching this and there was no way it would be ignored by them. Our American liberal press will just sweep over it and proclaim the press conference a win, but it wasn't. It was like watching a teenager trying to read his book report written by someone else and devoid of any emotion.

As Forgiven pointed out, he didn't even answer one of the questions with the proper response. Some of the other prepared answers he had memorized didn't fully answer the specific question that the reporters asked so it was frustrating knowing that he COULDN'T do a proper press release. We will never have from this man a full interchange of questions and answers without his reliance on months of preparation, memorization and note cards to guide him. This is his job and he can't fully do it. He says he's been there for 120 years, so why can't he know the details by now?

When Biden made the remark about being in the senate for 120 years, it reminded me again of my mother-in-law who had dementia and would insert things into her sentences that we thought were jokes. The thing is, she would say those things with confidence and not in a joking manner. Biden usually chuckles after he makes a joke. There was no chuckle. He said 120 years as if that was natural. Just as if my mother-in-law would say to get the asparagus out of the washing machine (not a real example) without blinking an eye that it was the wrong word.

Biden fully got into his campaign speech again...because that he had memorized for a year so he knew it well. When he went for his topic of "unity" though and then kept slamming Trump and Republicans you knew that was a lie.

Then there was the outright lies made by Biden. Here's a link on fact checking done:

And some quotes from that article:
Biden says: “We’re sending back the vast majority of families who are coming” to the border.

Reality: The actual percentage is about 13 percent of families being turned away.

Biden says: “No other country in the world has even come close, not even close to what we are doing” in terms of vaccinating the population.

Reality: Israel has delivered shots to a far, far greater share of its population that United States.

Biden says: “I also set a goal before I took office of getting a majority of schools in K-8 fully open in the first 100 days. Now, thanks to the enormous amount of work done by our administration, educators, parents, local, state education officials and leaders, a recent Department of Education survey shows that nearly half of the K-8 schools are open now full-time, five days a week for in-person learning.”

Reality: Biden’s administration had nothing to do with school reopenings. That was mostly the work of GOP governors and pols overcoming stubborn teachers unions allied with the president. And more than half are not fully open.

If we expect that there will be transparency with this Administration, look again. They are hiding many things and when asked about transparency at the border and allowing the press to see the camps, Biden promised transparency but when asked WHEN he said he didn't know. A quote from the White House transcript Remarks by President Biden in Press Conference | The White House
"Q Okay. And just to be clear: How soon will that be, Mr. President?

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t know, to be clear."

I think that everyone watched in horror as Biden simply walked away before actually ending the press conference. Someone must have indicated to him to get back up to the podium because he returned and then answered the last question.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In fairness (disclosure - I didn't watch the conference) it's not as if he'd be the only politician to dance around questions giving the information he chooses while not answering the question that was actually asked. And politicians of all stripes are quick to blame bad things on their predecessor while taking credit for good things.

In another thread I referenced an article I read in which some Republican senators indicated they had met with Biden and didn't see signs that he had lost the plot. One comment I recall from the article was that one of the senators was more concerned with the left-wing policies being pushed so fast than he was with whether or not Biden was mentally coherent.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
My opinion is that this is how a conference should be conducted.
Orderly and professional.

The only issue I have is with the possibility of restriction.
But from what I saw and heard from the journalist, there weren't any.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
What stood out the most to me from Biden's words were the "Jim crow- - -Jim eagle" reference.

What?
Who is jim eagle?

Very strange phrase far as I can see in spirit.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
What stood out the most to me from Biden's words were the "Jim crow- - -Jim eagle" reference.

What?
Who is jim eagle?

Very strange phrase far as I can see in spirit.
Why use crow and eagle in comparison to congressional speech.

Cam

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Biden says: “No other country in the world has even come close, not even close to what we are doing” in terms of vaccinating the population.

Reality: Israel has delivered shots to a far, far greater share of its population that United States.

Comparing a country with a population of less than 10 million to a country with a population of over 300 million? Sure, you're talking about percentages, but there's a lot more room for error when you're trying to vaccinate 30 times the amount of people. For example, I can say that we recently had to dispose of vaccines because of severe weather causing power outages. I also hear more and more about vaccines literally being trashed at the end of the day because of certain patients not showing up at their scheduled time. It's a real shame, given that I and so many others still haven't received the vaccine.

I know it's silly that Biden is basically claiming that he has conquered COVID right now, but I just don't buy that any President would be having a major impact on vaccine distribution right now.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Comparing a country with a population of less than 10 million to a country with a population of over 300 million? Sure, you're talking about percentages, but there's a lot more room for error when you're trying to vaccinate 30 times the amount of people. For example, I can say that we recently had to dispose of vaccines because of severe weather causing power outages. I also hear more and more about vaccines literally being trashed at the end of the day because of certain patients not showing up at their scheduled time. It's a real shame, given that I and so many others still haven't received the vaccine.

I know it's silly that Biden is basically claiming that he has conquered COVID right now, but I just don't buy that any President would be having a major impact on vaccine distribution right now.

Back where I used to live in Indiana the sites would have a call list of people who were willing to drive within the next 10 minutes to the location to receive the vaccine when there were no shows. That's how a great number of my friends my age who are supposed to be in the very last group got allowed in. They would rather take any person at that point then destroy the vaccine.

Where I live now the city is hogging all the vaccines and the elderly cannot get them!

I agree that no President could have a major impact on vaccine distribution. We're very fortunate that we actually have the vaccine at this point.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

The problem isn't so much about whether Biden or someone else in the White House would make a material difference but the tendency of politicians to try and take credit for things that aren't really happening at all, especially when they are taking credit for things where they don't actually make much difference at all.

Before anyone else says it, Biden isn't the first politician to do this and he won't be the last.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Back where I used to live in Indiana the sites would have a call list of people who were willing to drive within the next 10 minutes to the location to receive the vaccine when there were no shows. That's how a great number of my friends my age who are supposed to be in the very last group got allowed in. They would rather take any person at that point then destroy the vaccine.

Where I live now the city is hogging all the vaccines and the elderly cannot get them!

I agree that no President could have a major impact on vaccine distribution. We're very fortunate that we actually have the vaccine at this point.

I read an article about a doctor in (I think) Texas who had opened a vial of vaccine and had some left over at the end of the shift when no more patients were there. So he called a few people to see if they wanted to come in and nobody did. In the end, rather than dump the vaccine in the trash, he vaccinated a couple of family members and neighbors. His reward for saving this supposedly precious vaccine was to get fired. Apparently the correct course of action would have been to dump it in the trash, because the people he vaccinated weren't eligible to receive it yet.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That did happen in Houston, Harris County, Texas. I am sure that there were people not eligible who received it at the vaccine site. I saw it happen here in my county. Charges have been dropped and the Texas Medical Board has cleared him too. This is one area of Texas where they love to charge people. They were putting fines on people for not following the mask and other mandates until the Gov stepped in and did not allow for fines.

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Biden isn't a smooth speaker. He tended to go on tangents and stop himself abruptly. It was an interesting mix. Some answers he mostly read from notes. I'd do that too. The notes had lots of details a numbers. Most people wouldn't remember all of that. But his personal remarks made his priorities, strategies and tactics pretty clear. He does pretty well with those kinds of remarks.

There are lots of challenges now. I'm not ready to judge how he deals with immigrants for a while, but at there need to be changes. As he pointed out, these aren't new problems, but it seems pretty clear he wasn't prepared for the volume of people.

I'll be curious whether he can get anything other than budgetary things past Congress. I think HR 1 is critical. The infrastructure initiative is budgetary, and so are taxes to fund it, so there's a reasonable chance he can get that done. He can do a lot about immigration on his own, but some things need Congress. I think there were be support from Republican voters for both, but probably not from their representatives.

Cam

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

That process has been odd. We've randomly gotten text messages from pharmacists at other stores telling us that they have a dozen vaccines left today and asking if anyone from other stores wanted to come over and get the vaccine. I would have done this, but then it seems like it would be an ordeal about getting the second vaccine. I don't want to get the first one if there isn't a definite plan in place about getting the second one. :p

The problem isn't so much about whether Biden or someone else in the White House would make a material difference but the tendency of politicians to try and take credit for things that aren't really happening at all, especially when they are taking credit for things where they don't actually make much difference at all.

Before anyone else says it, Biden isn't the first politician to do this and he won't be the last.

Of course. Mr. Trumpster was doing the exact same thing. It's an easy thing to take credit for.

Top Bottom