Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Baptismal birthdays aren't mentioned in scripture, but some churches make note of them and announce them in their announcements, and some churches send cards out. Do you know your baptismal birthday?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do you know your baptismal birthday?

In my case, it's easy!!! I was baptized within a minute of my birth. So both my birthdays are on the same date.

Castle Church

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'll be honest, I have never heard of this practice nor been in a service that made an announcement of such....and I've made the denominational rounds. I don't know the date, I know the date I was received into the RCC, but I don't remember my baptism date....sometime in 2002 or 2003 probably, I was in college.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'll be honest, I have never heard of this practice nor been in a service that made an announcement of such....and I've made the denominational rounds. I don't know the date, I know the date I was received into the RCC, but I don't remember my baptism date....sometime in 2002 or 2003 probably, I was in college.

I thought you were Lutheran at one point? Most Lutherans talk about baptismal birthdays and some even have it in their bulletins of who is celebrating that week.

Castle Church

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I thought you were Lutheran at one point? Most Lutherans talk about baptismal birthdays and some even have it in their bulletins of who is celebrating that week.
Yes, I was a member at a ELCA Lutheran church for around 3 years and was married in one. I attended an LCMS church for a couple of months, but was not a member. Maybe it's not as common in the ELCA?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes, I was a member at a ELCA Lutheran church for around 3 years and was married in one. I attended an LCMS church for a couple of months, but was not a member. Maybe it's not as common in the ELCA?

ELCA isn't always "Lutheran", so you never know what you'll get with each church building. They've changed so much.

Castle Church

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
ELCA isn't always "Lutheran", so you never know what you'll get with each church building. They've changed so much.
Very true. The parish that I was a part of was fairly conservative, as it goes, and celebrated a traditional Lutheran liturgy and calendar. The general march of the denomination to the left as well as the decline of that parish were the main reasons I left.

Top Bottom