USA Are you afraid to wear the MAGA hat in public?

NathanH83

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
4a40aa2426bb649aba47460c2bbcd8c6.jpg

Yesterday, I went to the Illinois state fair. The whole time I was wearing the MAGA hat (the red hat that says Make America Great Again).

I thought that for sure somebody was going to insult me, ridicule me, cuss me out, or maybe even threaten to beat me up.

Much to my surprise, none of that happened. Instead, all I got was compliments. Time and time again people kept telling me they love my hat.

“Hey man! Love your hat!”

One lady, who was running a game where you throw darts at balloons, she offered to give me a stuffed animal even if I missed, just because of the hat I was wearing. I even received compliments from the carnies who were running the rides.

But not once did anyone insult or threaten me in any way.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I don't have a red hat and I don't wear hats anyway except when I'm out in the sun for too long like on a cruise or doing my gardening.

I'm not surprised that people received you well in the hat because outside of Chicago, the citizens of Illinois are mainly Republican. Chicago is the one that brings them to the blue side.

MrW

Religious Affiliation
Christian
No
I would like to have a MAGA cap, but I get too hot trying to wear a cap. Maybe a sun visor.

Joshua1Eight

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Yes
Glad to hear nothing bad happened to you.

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I would wear mine but my wife says she won't come with me if I wear it and is afraid something will happen to me. We have done Trump rallies and had people driving by giving us the finger etc. But at least at the rally we are with a large group of like-minded people.

NathanH83

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I would wear mine but my wife says she won't come with me if I wear it and is afraid something will happen to me. We have done Trump rallies and had people driving by giving us the finger etc. But at least at the rally we are with a large group of like-minded people.

Now imagine if people acted that way to people wearing BLM shirts. See the double standard?

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Now imagine if people acted that way to people wearing BLM shirts. See the double standard?
For sure. I am afraid that most of these people, I hear them called NORMIES, are simply deluded into believing the narrative. Very sad that so many do not search out truth.

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My mind was wandering the other day while walking in the park and I saw the swingsets with no swings, and thought, how convenient for a lynch mob to string someone up. Then I thought what if someone put a dummy, a white guy, up there in a noose. Would it make much news? What if they put a black guy dummy in a noose? Probably get my little suburb on the map nationwide! Now for the fun one (no I won't do it, but I wonder what the reaction would be), what if several dummies were up there in nooses, a black guy, a white guy, an far eastern, a middle eastern, a hispanic, what else? I am guessing they would take it as an attack on diversity.

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Back to hats, or should we say similar article, a T shirt. I have this one and my wife does not want me to wear it either for similar reasons.
28-3-ASB.jpg

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hanging a dummy in effigy no matter if its one or several is in poor taste at least or as a warning to the community of impending doom would be considered heinous. But sure with the dark history in the country sounding the lynching of black folk would and should bring about an even stronger response even when done singularly.

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hanging a dummy in effigy no matter if its one or several is in poor taste at least or as a warning to the community of impending doom would be considered heinous. But sure with the dark history in the country sounding the lynching of black folk would and should bring about an even stronger response even when done singularly.
Would not wish it on anyone's neighborhood.

Top Bottom