Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
For the purposes of answering the question of this thread, it would not be necessary that suffering in Hell be everlasting.
Do you believe that tho?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
It's inappropriate on this forum to accuse another member of not believing in the Trinity. It's offensive and you need to stop these types of personal attacks of other people's beliefs

You can call it an accusation, I just call it a reasonable deduction on Albion's own words. I'm not changing that no matter how much someone takes offense.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
They're very nearly of one mind about it, though. Of the thousands of denominations, it's not often that every last doctrine is believed by every last one of them. It would be ridiculous to claim, therefore, that if even one can be found that dissents, this means there is no Christian standard.

But this teaching comes close to unanimity--and that's with the concession that cults which do not so believe are nevertheless classified as Christian, albeit heretical.

You are clearly a person operating in this area with your head in the sand. The quote you dismissed of the passages from the "OT", do you know where I lifted that from? A Seventh Day Adventist website. So go on, offend all the Adventists who may read this forum and call them cultists. :)

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
From the link:
In the past, Judaism was the true religion.
This is not true. God has always saved by grace through faith.
The Mosaic Law was established through Israel as a means of condemning all humanity and pointing them toward the need for a Redeemer/Messiah.
The author also fails to speak to whether progressive revelation is still taking place.
I bring that up because Mormons and Muslims believe in progressive revelation and ultimately in annihilationism.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that tho?

If suffering in hell is not everlasting then you are left with either annihilationism or universalism.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
If suffering in hell is not everlasting then you are left with either annihilationism or universalism.
Yup. I personally believe that hell is everlasting and souls 'perish' there. Maggots and such describe the everlasting torments of death but the individual still perishes, these patriots of hell make up a body of everlasting death but each one is totally done away with, cut off from Gods everlasting reward and his Love. The devil and his angels are a real presence and cannot die are therefore eternally condemned to the lake of fire. But as for humans who live this life in a state of death will be destroyed in death and hell and not ascend into Heaven in glory. Because they perished in hell and are no more, they take their part in it.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yup. I personally believe that hell is everlasting and souls 'perish' there. Maggots and such describe the everlasting torments of death but the individual still perishes, these patriots of hell make up a body of everlasting death but each one is totally done away with, cut off from Gods everlasting reward and his Love. The devil and his angels are a real presence and cannot die are therefore eternally condemned to the lake of fire. But as for humans who live this life in a state of death will be destroyed in death and hell and not ascend into Heaven in glory. Because they perished in hell and are no more, they take their part in it.

To summarize: You believe the human spirit is not eternal and God will annihilate the non-adopted human spirit.
Now, do you care to share the scriptures that you believe support your position?

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
To summarize: You believe the human spirit is not eternal and God will annihilate the non-adopted human spirit.
Now, do you care to share the scriptures that you believe support your position?

Why don't you start with supporting the position that is assumed in this thread.

I'd especially like to hear how "destroy" doesn't mean "destroy" when Yeshua uses it in Matthew 10:28. Please keep in mind Jude 1:7 and Matthew 25:41 when referencing adjectives like "eternal" and "everlasting" because any dolt can see it's the fire that's being referred to, not a soul.

Last edited:

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you start with supporting the position that is assumed in this thread.

I'd especially like to hear how "destroy" doesn't mean "destroy" when Yeshua uses it in Matthew 10:28. Please keep in mind Jude 1:7 and Matthew 25:41 when referencing adjectives like "eternal" and "everlasting" because any dolt can see it's the fire that's being referred to, not a soul.
Share the entire passage surrounding your three selected verses please. I particularly want to see how you spin it.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You are clearly a person operating in this area with your head in the sand.
It looks as though you didn't understand the foregoing posts, but I don't care to restate them for that reason alone.

do you know where I lifted that from? A Seventh Day Adventist website.
I'm not surprised. However, I sincerely hope that you are not trying to say that if it's from the Seventh Day Adventists, it has to be true.

So go on, offend all the Adventists who may read this forum and call them cultists. :)
If you had read what I wrote, you would appreciate that I was merely passing along the consensus of the writers and researchers who have taken on the difficult task of defining the word cult as it is used in contemporary Christianity.

There is a strong consensus that three issues define a cult in the theological sense: denying the nature of God, denying the nature of Man, and adding to the Bible. Any church that does any of these is not simply heretical, but has gone beyond the pale of the body of beliefs that Catholics and Protestants hold in common despite the differences between them that we all recognize.

There are several other issues that are often included but there is less agreement on them. Nevertheless, annihilationism is specifically identified as one way of denying the second point above.

Last edited:

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
There is a strong consensus that three issues define a cult in the theological sense: denying the nature of God, denying the nature of Man, and adding to the Bible. Any church that does any of these is not simply heretical, but has gone beyond the pale of the body of beliefs that Catholics and Protestants hold in common despite the differences between them that we all recognize.

There are several other issues that are often included but there is less agreement on them. Nevertheless, annihilationism is specifically identified as one way of denying the second point above.

Strong consensus on any issue doesn't make it true. After all, the Christian establishment has long held that 3 days and 3 nights, "the third day" and "after the third day" all fall between Friday Sundown and Sunday morning, when any 5 year old could tell you it doesn't fit.

According to Matthew 10:28 we are told to fear Him who can destroy both body and soul. Your consensus opinion is thus rendered as garbage by the words of Messiah.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Strong consensus on any issue doesn't make it true. After all, the Christian establishment has long held that 3 days and 3 nights, "the third day" and "after the third day" all fall between Friday Sundown and Sunday morning, when any 5 year old could tell you it doesn't fit.

According to Matthew 10:28 we are told to fear Him who can destroy both body and soul. Your consensus opinion is thus rendered as garbage by the words of Messiah.

Does Matthew 10:28 say "will" or "can"?
Does Matthew 10:28 say anything about the spirit?

Is this the only verse you cling to in holding to annihilationism?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Sinners will perish in everlasting hell.
True or False?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Sinners will perish in everlasting hell.
True or False?

Sinners will spend eternity in the lake of fire. They will not be annihilated.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Sinners will spend eternity in the lake of fire. They will not be annihilated.
So they do not perish?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Strong consensus on any issue doesn't make it true.
Of course it does not, but you have been speaking as though what is very much a minority opinion among the Christian churches is simply another alternative POV like using juice instead of wine in Communion or including the Apocrypha in editions of the Holy Bible. It is not.

Annihilationism is so far from the norm and has been so roundly rejected by almost all Christians of whatever denomination that it's considered by people who go in for such labels to be the mark of a "cult" along with Mormon beliefs and Christian Science.

My point was simply to keep the facts of the matter accurate. You are entitled to believe in annihilationism if you choose to.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
So they do not perish?

If sinners can simply cease to exist, why not floop make em not exist just like the devil. Universalism makes more sense. Neh doesnt make sense either. If God is so loving He makes everyone floop away or floop good why wait ages.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Anyone wanna hire me to preach in their church?
bahahahahahaha
Im so bored. The trains dont go because of a storm. Im stuck at the station.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
So they do not perish?

They spend eternity in the lake of fire. They are not annihilated.
Does the term perish = annihilate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom