Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
One point that many Christians drive home about aliens are that they are actually demons. And then you also have those who say that aliens do not exist, just like God does not exist.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I tend to believe demons

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I believe that there can be alien life forms on other worlds. I also know there are demons but I don't necessarily believe they are the same thing.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think it is likely there is life in other star systems, some of which may be intelligent, and some which may be far more intelligent than us. Obviously though I would not think of them as demons.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
When we talk aliens I believe that they are demons

richarkeith

Religious Affiliation
Agnostic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
We live within many layers of dimensions. Aliens and spirits of any kind are the same. Carbon life forms are prelavent on this material plane. But the spiritual plane is with us to. We are called to bring forth the kingdom of heaven. You can't point to it. A two dimensional cartoon can't see 3d. But if we live to the calling of God we start living spiritually which is a higher plane, and our life reflects a much more dynamic and (ethreal/spiritual) type of experience. If an Alien had the technology to travel speed of light, it wouldn't trouble with sending his matter of body, but his spirit through higher vibrations. Much like we use cell phones, which in a fraction of time ago couldn't be imagined.
God bless, in Jesus name :)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We live within many layers of dimensions. Aliens and spirits of any kind are the same. Carbon life forms are prelavent on this material plane. But the spiritual plane is with us to. We are called to bring forth the kingdom of heaven. You can't point to it. A two dimensional cartoon can't see 3d. But if we live to the calling of God we start living spiritually which is a higher plane, and our life reflects a much more dynamic and (ethreal/spiritual) type of experience. If an Alien had the technology to travel speed of light, it wouldn't trouble with sending his matter of body, but his spirit through higher vibrations. Much like we use cell phones, which in a fraction of time ago couldn't be imagined.
God bless, in Jesus name :)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Interesting concept and I can see the possibility.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
One point that many Christians drive home about aliens are that they are actually demons. And then you also have those who say that aliens do not exist, just like God does not exist.

Hard to know for sure.

If life evolved on earth by chance it seems inconceivable that, in a universe so huge, there isn't at least one other planet that can support life even if that life looks nothing like anything we would recognise.

If life was placed here on earth by God as described in the Bible it is entirely possible he created the entire universe that serves little purpose other than for us to marvel, it's also possible that he created life on other planets as well.

Looking at the way people in general seem to be more and more interested in extraterrestrials and also more and more interested in the supernatural (although usually only the occult side of it), it's entirely possible that the events described in the Revelation will involve some form of alien sightings. If those who believe in a pre-tribulation Rapture are correct it is entirely possible that the disappearance of millions of people will be assumed to be a large-scale alien abduction rather than the fulfilling of Biblical prophecy. If the post-tribulation Rapture proves to be the correct viewpoint it might be harder to justify the alien abduction approach, since so much of the tribulation could be shown to be a fulfilment of a 2000-year-old prophecy.

I think for me the question of whether aliens exist is "Don't know" and since their existence or otherwise currently makes little difference to my life it also falls into "Don't care". If aliens exist on some planet millions of light-years away it doesn't affect me, and if they are advanced enough to visit our planet and kill us so they can have it for themselves there's nothing I can do about it anyway.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I stumbled upon this thread and wanted to add my 2 pennies. I have always been interested in the supernatural. I have absolutely no problem believing in extraterrestrial entities as I believe Our Father created all things.

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

I think some "aliens" may be demons. But, some may be angels too. We see angels in the Bible many times. They didn't go anywhere. They are still in existence. There are Holy angels and fallen angels. And they are extraterrestrial. They have appeared to mankind before and it is my belief that they will appear to mankind again.

Ecc. 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

We today do not remember the things that happened in ancient times. Immanuel Velikovsky say we are suffering a collective amnesia because of the horrors that took place in the distant past.
But the Bible talks about the wicked angels.
Jude 6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

What has been will be again. The Bible does not lie.

Last edited:

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It has been my experience that when people do not want to see something, they tend to shut their eyes or act as if it is not there or that it is irrelevant. Kind of like an ostrich burying their head in the sand in the presence of danger. Today we hear of alien abductions and paranormal activity, and these are relegated to fringe science.IMHO that is a trap that many will fall into in these days. And what happens is strange activity takes place right under people's noses for which they have no explanation. But it was there right in front of them all the time,

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I tend to think that if/when we are confronted by intelligences vastly superior to our own (not necessarily benevolent), they will not come to us from across the vastness of interstellar space, but rather they will arise from our laboratories...evolving in a stunning recursive geometric progression. :eek:

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I tend to think that if/when we are confronted by intelligences vastly superior to our own (not necessarily benevolent), they will not come to us from across the vastness of interstellar space, but rather they will arise from our laboratories...evolving in a stunning recursive geometric progression. :eek:

I hear ya! For instance, scientists are working on various human enhancement projects as we speak.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think it is likely there is life in other star systems

I BELIEVE such is possible but of course, there is ZERO evidence for such - none, nada, zip. So, my belief there is based on NOTHING WHATSOEVER, a total, complete absence of any evidence or confirmation (as baseless a belief as is possible).

My faith here simply flows from math..... there are zillions of stars and PERHAPS zillions of planets (although again, NO evidence whatsoever for the planet part). Even if only one planet in a million has SOME kind of life (even if we would not recognize it if we stared at it), well.... then there would be LOTS and LOTS of "life" out there. Of course, it may be NOTHING like us..... may not even be "life" we'd notice or consider as such.

Thing is..... even if all that BASELESS (completely baseless!) guessing is true..... well, it's a BIG universe. The odds we'd EVER be aware of such life are about as close to zero as possible, I'd guess. Unless that life is in our solar system (which could be - or could not be - we have NOTHING to REMOTELY indicate either).

I find it.... more than curious..... people will entertain the belief that there are little purple people eaters visiting us in flying saucers.... yet dismiss out of hand any God because "there's insufficent evidence."

My half cent....

Pax

- Josiah

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I find it.... more than curious..... people will entertain the belief that there are little purple people eaters visiting us in flying saucers.... yet dismiss out of hand any God because "there's insufficent evidence."

I seriously doubt that Earth has been visited by extraterrestrial life, but we do have evidence that life arose here on Earth, so it is not unreasonable to assume life could arise elsewhere, whereas we have no compelling verifiable evidence for anything supernatural...huge difference there. :)

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I seriously doubt that Earth has been visited by extraterrestrial life, but we do have evidence that life arose here on Earth, so it is not unreasonable to assume life could arise elsewhere, whereas we have no compelling verifiable evidence for anything supernatural...huge difference there. :)

That raises an interesting question Mark.

If "life arose" as merely the inevitable result of a combination of physical, chemical and biological factors then it is perfectly reasonable to conclude that life also arose elsewhere as the inevitable result of another combination of physical, chemical and biological factors. Whether that life looks like anything we would recognize is another matter.

If "life arose" as the result of, oh, being spoken into existence by some eternal being (for the sake of brevity I'll give that being a name, "God" will do just fine here) then whether life exists elsewhere would be a matter of whether or not God said "let there be wriggly things that wriggle on some other planet just like the wriggly things that wriggle on planet Earth".

Since we can't prove conclusively whether "life arose" because of a combination of scientific factors or the spoken word of God, it's hard to know which scenario is correct. I guess it's a matter of faith as to which one you believe in :)

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
That raises an interesting question Mark.

If "life arose" as merely the inevitable result of a combination of physical, chemical and biological factors then it is perfectly reasonable to conclude that life also arose elsewhere as the inevitable result of another combination of physical, chemical and biological factors. Whether that life looks like anything we would recognize is another matter.

If "life arose" as the result of, oh, being spoken into existence by some eternal being (for the sake of brevity I'll give that being a name, "God" will do just fine here) then whether life exists elsewhere would be a matter of whether or not God said "let there be wriggly things that wriggle on some other planet just like the wriggly things that wriggle on planet Earth".

Since we can't prove conclusively whether "life arose" because of a combination of scientific factors or the spoken word of God, it's hard to know which scenario is correct. I guess it's a matter of faith as to which one you believe in :)

I think I will choose to follow the advances in scientific inquiry on the matter. I am okay with saying that at the moment, "we don't know" all of the details yet. :)

Last edited:

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think I will choose to follow the advances in scientific inquiry on the matter. I am okay with saying that at the moment, "we don't know" all of the details yet. :)

That's fair enough. I must admit I don't like the idea of a "god of the gaps", not least because it means that as science advances the god of the gaps must diminish because his magical domain grows ever-smaller.

Personally I think science points to God more than a lot of people like to admit, but I don't suppose that surprises you ;)

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's fair enough. I must admit I don't like the idea of a "god of the gaps", not least because it means that as science advances the god of the gaps must diminish because his magical domain grows ever-smaller.

Personally I think science points to God more than a lot of people like to admit, but I don't suppose that surprises you ;)

Yes, as I said the other day in another thread, the "god of the gaps" idea relegates said god to an ever-receding pocket of ignorance. I think I "borrowed" that from Neil deGrasse Tyson.

And yes, it was the Belgian priest/cosmologist Georges Lemaître who first proposed the big bang theory, based on Einstein's General relativity, which is 100 years old this month. Imagine his excitement when he brought together the idea of a universal beginning as spoken of in the Bible with a scientific theory, despite the prevailing theories at the time of a static "steady-state" universe. :)

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes, as I said the other day in another thread, the "god of the gaps" idea relegates said god to an ever-receding pocket of ignorance. I think I "borrowed" that from Neil deGrasse Tyson.

And yes, it was the Belgian priest/cosmologist Georges Lemaître who first proposed the big bang theory, based on Einstein's General relativity, which is 100 years old this month. Imagine his excitement when he brought together the idea of a universal beginning as spoken of in the Bible with a scientific theory, despite the prevailing theories at the time of a static "steady-state" universe. :)

It's a hideous cliche but one might also say that science tells us how God does stuff :)

Top Bottom