Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
We had four years of the "Russian Collision" conspiracy theory from the left that was investigated and proven false.
However when Trump ask for an investigation of voter fraud (for good reason) he is censored by the media and from the social media platforms "Just accept the outcome"

If there is nothing to hide then what is so wrong with investigating the system we rely on for voting? Wouldn't the democrats want the assurance that every vote counts? Regardless of the outcome there is nothing wrong with testing the system for weaknesses.

Now we are being even further divided, conservatives are being censored and even labeled terrorist.. yes the Capital break in by radicals (although they were allowed in and out by police) really made us look bad, but thank God that they didn't take it to the streets and started burning and looting business and killing business owners...

It just feels like a North USA and South USA is not that far off

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
We had four years of the "Russian Collision" conspiracy theory from the left that was investigated and proven false.
However when Trump ask for an investigation of voter fraud (for good reason) he is censored by the media and from the social media platforms "Just accept the outcome"

If there is nothing to hide then what is so wrong with investigating the system we rely on for voting? Wouldn't the democrats want the assurance that every vote counts? Regardless of the outcome there is nothing wrong with testing the system for weaknesses.

Now we are being even further divided, conservatives are being censored and even labeled terrorist.. yes the Capital break in by radicals (although they were allowed in and out by police) really made us look bad, but thank God that they didn't take it to the streets and started burning and looting business and killing business owners...

It just feels like a North USA and South USA is not that far off

The entire question of voter fraud was brought before the courts over 60 times and before the SCOTUS twice and the evidence was found wanting and in some cases actually fraudulent. Many of these cases were before Trump appointed judges. While there may have been minor cases of fraud there certainly was no widespread effort at overturning the election. In fact the only real evidence of trying to steal the election is on the part of Donald Trump and some of his supporters. Our democracy proved resilient enough to protect itself from those who would subvert it with lies.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Look on the bright side. Trump accepted the results four years faster than Hillary did....

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The entire question of voter fraud was brought before the courts over 60 times and before the SCOTUS twice and the evidence was found wanting and in some cases actually fraudulent. Many of these cases were before Trump appointed judges. While there may have been minor cases of fraud there certainly was no widespread effort at overturning the election. In fact the only real evidence of trying to steal the election is on the part of Donald Trump and some of his supporters. Our democracy proved resilient enough to protect itself from those who would subvert it with lies.

Well we hardly know anything don't we?
I knew Texas was a big red state before I voted so I am far ignorant of the other states.. Hilary got to scream out a stolen election for 4 years and Trump did the same but for only 3 months.. Hillary is still on Twitter even though her theory is debunked, Trump was banned for inciting violence which if you look at the reason they provide, it's complete garbage as usual, so pathetically worded it's not even lawyer talk, all make believe. I don't care much for Trump on Twitter, but I do care about journalist with credentials being censored and banned just for being conservative supporters.

A bit lame, and how does any of this compare to Madonna wanting to blow up the white house, that congresswoman who commanded people to harass republicans in the senate, the mob of dems storming outside the senate banging on the doors and attempting to break in, rappers and plays portraying Trumps assassination and no one blames the media for inciting violence.. maybe the summer riots were just my imagination since the media called it "peaceful".. even Mrs. Obama made it an obligation to speak to the American people on how well mannered these protestors were.. give me a break

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think if the Democrats want unity that they have to stop their hate toward half of the country.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I think if the Democrats want unity that they have to stop their hate toward half of the country.
Very true and that is extremely important but so far all I hear from the left is the opposite, I just swear it seems like all conservatives are being thrown into one bucket under the label "potential threat", has anyone seen AOC's aggressive threat to Senator Cruz that he is not wanted and needs to resign?

Sick

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I think division is inevitable as long as the question remains "if 'they' want 'X', then they'll have to 'Y'"
Tit for tat, if the Dems want this, then the GOP will have to that, which means uncovering XYZ .. Have we seriously not had enough?
God bless Pres. Elect Biden and good luck

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I think division is inevitable as long as the question remains "if 'they' want 'X', then they'll have to 'Y'"
Tit for tat, if the Dems want this, then the GOP will have to that, which means uncovering XYZ .. Have we seriously not had enough?
That's politics I guess!

Indeed he is our President elect and may God bless him on his path to lead our nation under God, indivisible with justice for all.

I voted, there is nothing left for me to do but pray, Trump did a fantastic job at reviving the economy but it's just so sad how folk like Bill Mahr(?) actually wished for the economy to collapse under Trumps watch just to get him out

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Actually, Trump voters would like to see the liberals stop with the wanting to "cleanse" Republicans, not put 2 Republican congressmen on No-Fly lists since they are not a thread on airplanes, stop calling to separate our children from us, stop saying that we need to be deprogrammed, etc....

I was told recently that Canadians don't get the full news of what is happening here in the US...just what some people select for you to be shown but look at the links below. These things are actually happening that is NOT going to unify any of us. The media, the liberals, big tech all need to get on board with playing nice.

ABC News calls for 'cleansing the movement' of Trump supporters following Capitol riots

Bennie Thompson suggests Cruz and Hawley be placed on no-fly list

PBS lawyer suggested sending children of Trump voters to 'reeducation camps'

Washington Post columnist says that white Trump supporters need to be 'deprogrammed'

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It is remarkable how the party of peace, unity and tolerance seems determined to punish anyone who voted for the other guy and then wonder why the nation is so divided.

Sometimes I wonder if there is any way through the mess that doesn't involve another civil war. The more silly rhetoric I see coming from both sides the less hopeful I am that it ever can be peacefully resolved. The more both sides seem to seek to gain just enough power to shut the other side out permanently, the less hope I have that the other side (whichever side that is at any given moment) will find ways other than violence or insurrection to be heard.

A meme I saw recently showed a Nazi concentration camp and noted that it didn't start with the gas chambers, it started with dividing the people into "us" and "them". I see more of it coming from the left but it's not as if the right is much better (and the extent they seem better may be due to my political leanings coloring my perception as much as it being reality). On that front at least, things aren't looking good at all.

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
Hilary got to scream out a stolen election for 4 years and Trump did the same but for only 3 months.

Hillary conceded the 2016 election about after a few days and then said no more. I don't think she ever complained about the election being stolen and certainly never tried to promote an insurrection. The two situations are not even remotely comparable.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hillary conceded the 2016 election about after a few days and then said no more. I don't think she ever complained about the election being stolen and certainly never tried to promote an insurrection. The two situations are not even remotely comparable.

In 2019 Hillary said this about Trump, “No, it doesn’t kill me because he knows he’s an illegitimate president,” so she may have said the words but still continued on in thinking that she won the election.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I guess for as long as both sides justify bad behavior because the other side also does it nothing will ever change. At a time when a simple majority is increasingly all that is required to get things done, maybe we need to see a 60% majority requirement reintroduced. If a bill can't garner any support at all from the opposition it's probably not a good bill and if one side is deliberately awkward they can hardly complain if/when the other side does the same.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

It's curious how the Democrats spent so long claiming Russia hacked the election last time around but this time around apparently Russia lost the ability or the intent to hack it.

I'm curious how we went from apparently having affidavits signed under penalty of perjury to "nothing to see here, case closed", although the fact that Republican-appointed judges weren't willing to hear cases, or threw them out, looks a lot less like a big coverup than some have alleged. I remember reading something written by Tucker Carlson who was wanting to see something, anything, that could be presented as evidence and he'd run something on his show. Tucker Carlson isn't exactly a liberal talkshow host, from what I can see.

Some of the rhetoric from the left here is just nasty. In 2016 we were told that the only reason not to vote for Hillary Clinton was sexism. The candidate despised by many of the left was apparently so untouchable that not voting for her was sexist. But not supporting Sarah Palin in 2008 wasn't sexist apparently. Maybe Not Being Racist is more important than Not Being Sexist. Because everybody knows it's not possible to disagree with a politician without being -ist or -phobic, when they don't share some characteristic that we're endlessly told is irrelevant.

It's funny how people rail against the Chinese government for censoring things but when the big technology companies here do much the same thing it's hailed as some great crusade against disinformation. Of course we're all far too stupid to look at different perspectives and make our own decisions so when it's done to us it's for our own good.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Dividing a country makes us vulnerable to those who wish to infiltrate and overthrow us. They're watching very carefully.

We need all of our elected representatives to start behaving better, to stop being petty and actually work for this country. They get paid enough. Do some work.

The people need to stop listening to the news that is dividing us. Some news is actually written to make you mad at the other side. Turn off the news if you find yourself hating because of what you hear or read.

The people also need to stop calling names and love one another. Can that ever happen?

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
Whether you supported the Capitol attack or not, Evangelicals, you are forever tied to the incident. Social media will not be kind to you or to the Jesus you recognize as Savior.

Footage has come out from last week’s invasion in which Jesus' name is loudly invoked by a group of insurrectionists in the House chamber. Led by "QAnon Shaman," the fur-and-horn-helmet-wearing gentleman whose image has become familiar to us all, the crowd joined in prayer to the "heavenly Father," including the words, "thank you for filling this chamber with your white light of love…thank you for filling this chamber with patriots that love you and love Christ." During the minute-long megaphone prayer, many in the crowd had hands raised or heads bowed. It ended, "in Christ’s holy name, Amen!"

So, Evangelicals, the ball is in your court as never before. Will you individually and unequivocally denounce this obscenity?

Many Christians worldwide believe that silence on the part of American Evangelicals is complicity, if not actual affiliation in the aggression against our democracy. This incident is not just dragging your name through the mud, but also that of all Christians, and more importantly, Jesus Christ.

So please, say it loud and say it soon. This is a critical moment for Evangelicalism.

~~~ by Kathryn Shihadah

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Really? The same way we demand black people renounce the BLM riots in their name, and demand Muslims to unilaterally denounce Islamic terrorism?

The fact a few nutjobs misuse the name of Christ doesn't mean everyone else who claims the name of Christ is associated with them - the claim has no more merit than assuming every black person is a criminal simply because some are, or assuming every Muslim is a terrorist simply because some are.

Pilgrim

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No
Whether you supported the Capitol attack or not, Evangelicals, you are forever tied to the incident. Social media will not be kind to you or to the Jesus you recognize as Savior.

Footage has come out from last week’s invasion in which Jesus' name is loudly invoked by a group of insurrectionists in the House chamber. Led by "QAnon Shaman," the fur-and-horn-helmet-wearing gentleman whose image has become familiar to us all, the crowd joined in prayer to the "heavenly Father," including the words, "thank you for filling this chamber with your white light of love…thank you for filling this chamber with patriots that love you and love Christ." During the minute-long megaphone prayer, many in the crowd had hands raised or heads bowed. It ended, "in Christ’s holy name, Amen!"

So, Evangelicals, the ball is in your court as never before. Will you individually and unequivocally denounce this obscenity?

Many Christians worldwide believe that silence on the part of American Evangelicals is complicity, if not actual affiliation in the aggression against our democracy. This incident is not just dragging your name through the mud, but also that of all Christians, and more importantly, Jesus Christ.

So please, say it loud and say it soon. This is a critical moment for Evangelicalism.

~~~ by Kathryn Shihadah
How do we not know that this is being done but yet censored by the news media & other social media platforms? Fox NEWS is run by Democrats & Tucker is a registered Democrat & yet they are trying to get the Conservatives Republicans mad at Democrats' hypocrisy?

It seems prayer is needed rather than our public voices.

Psalm 92:5 O Lord, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep. 6 A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this. 7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever: 8 But thou, Lord, art most high for evermore. ~ KJV

Luke 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. ~ KJV

Matthew 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. 41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. 43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. ~ KJV

I need Jesus's help to love my enemies. in not fighting for my life & my rights.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
How do we not know that this is being done but yet censored by the news media & other social media platforms? Fox NEWS is run by Democrats & Tucker is a registered Democrat & yet they are trying to get the Conservatives Republicans mad at Democrats' hypocrisy?

It seems prayer is needed rather than our public voices.

Psalm 92:5 O Lord, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep. 6 A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this. 7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever: 8 But thou, Lord, art most high for evermore. ~ KJV

Luke 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. ~ KJV

Matthew 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. 41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. 43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. ~ KJV

I need Jesus's help to love my enemies. in not fighting for my life & my rights.
Tucker is a democrat? If so he makes a horrible one

Pilgrim

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No
Tucker is a democrat? If so he makes a horrible one
Then again, that was off the internet so I may have been misinformed, but it does beg the question; should Christians be entangled in politics when our churches needs tending to? But as it is, I see it as too late for the churches as it is for this nation. God is coming soon. Time to get ready by Him praying for His mercy to escape what is coming on the earth.

Psalm 92:5 O Lord, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep. 6 A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this. 7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever: 8 But thou, Lord, art most high for evermore.

Luke 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Top Bottom