unrepentant sin is unforgiven sin (moved from Off Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
1 john 3:6 -No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous;…

yes that is what it says .. so if you continue in repeating the same action which you know to be sinful -you need to look seriously into your salvation with trembling . because the lord Jesus did not die on the cross to leave us as prisoners languishing in our sins and feigning repentance . he came to make us new , deliver us from sins power so that we are free to no longer sin . a christian life with out repentance is hypocrisy.

if you do not believe that the lord Jesus can and does give us full power over sin when you receive the Holy Spirit ..then your not believing makes you an unbeliever and you need to seriously look into your salvation with trembling because the unbeliever does not enter the Kingdom of God .

if you read the word of God but go your way and do not DO the word of God because the lord tells us to be doers of the word and not hearers only.

if you do not abide in the lord Jesus (in prayer and life and love and obedience ) then you cannot bring forth fruit . Fruit is souls saved ..fruit is not doing nice things . when the lord told Adam and eve in the natural realm to "be fruitful " he did not go around doing nice things for folks .. he meant Multiply ..
the same - when the lord Jesus tells us in the Spiritual to be Fruitful ..he did not mean go around doing nice little things ..he meant Multiply .. bear fruit .. and so prove you are my disciples the Lord Jesus said . if you're not bearing the fruit of souls saved .. your not bearing fruit . and a branch that does not bear fruit .. will
be cut off and gathered up and burned .

these things are spoken by the Lord Jesus and recorded for very good reason . the lord is coming and he will gather the wheat into his barn,, but the chaff he will gather and it will be cast into outer darkness forever .

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Repentance is also a gift from God.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It is also a choice that we make, what I do know is that unrepentant sin is not forgiven

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Repentance is also a gift from God.

no it is a choice ..the choice is offered by grace via the Gospel .. but we must OBEY the Gospel ..which commands repentance .

1 john 3:6 -No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous;…

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Repentance is a gift because only God can turn us to Him. We cannot choose to turn to Him unless we are first given faith.

Repentance is the bridge between Law and Gospel. God uses His Law to bring the hammer of our sins down upon us and convict us. With the Gospel, through His Word, He gives us the Good News that we are forgiven. Repentance is His turning us toward Him in faith and away from sin. It's God's working and we cannot take any credit. Man likes to try time and time again because man is an arrogant creature.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Repentance is a gift because only God can turn us to Him. We cannot choose to turn to Him unless we are first given faith.

Repentance is the bridge between Law and Gospel. God uses His Law to bring the hammer of our sins down upon us and convict us. With the Gospel, through His Word, He gives us the Good News that we are forgiven. Repentance is His turning us toward Him in faith and away from sin. It's God's working and we cannot take any credit. Man likes to try time and time again because man is an arrogant creature.

and all are given the seed of faith - so there is no excuse . repentance is turning to the lord jesus and then he empowers us to leave sin behind ..
if we do not leave sin behind then we simply have not repented and if we are unrepentant .. we remain in sin . this is the great deception which too many are falling into ,to think you can continue to repeat the same sin and you will still be saved .. its a lie . the command from God is "repent " ..

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I would pray for the gift of repentance, for in that gift the world of blessings that the Lord will bestow upon you is awesome.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I would pray for the gift of repentance, for in that gift the world of blessings that the Lord will bestow upon you is awesome.

we get what we pray for when we pray according to his will ... there is no "gift" of repentance in the Holy Script .repentance rather precedes every action of approach to God . we must turn away from sin with desire to not return to it ..and there in that helpless state the lord will empower us (ie repent and you will receive the Holy Ghost) to overcome sin and no longer live in it to obey it .for that which has mastery over you IS your master .

There is no biblical basis for repentance being a gift .so we must not make the error of preaching a thing which has no scriptural foundation upon which to build it . repentance is a willful act which enables us to enter into the grace of God displayed in the Lord JEsus .And there IN him ,we must abide ,for HE in us cannot sin .

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
we get what we pray for when we pray according to his will ... there is no "gift" of repentance in the Holy Script .

Acts 5:31
He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18
When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, “Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life.”

2 Timothy 2:25
"...if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth"

I have listed 3 verses that show that it is God who gives us repentance as a gift.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, “Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life.”

"...if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth"

I have listed 3 verses that show that it is God who gives us repentance as a gift.
I believe that is talking about God's position and feeling toward Israel and the gentiles, not a gift to manof repentance but rather a gift of Gosd allowing salvation and forgiveness.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

yes that is what it says .. so if you continue in repeating the same action which you know to be sinful -you need to look seriously into your salvation with trembling . because the lord Jesus did not die on the cross to leave us as prisoners languishing in our sins and feigning repentance . he came to make us new , deliver us from sins power so that we are free to no longer sin . a christian life with out repentance is hypocrisy.

if you do not believe that the lord Jesus can and does give us full power over sin when you receive the Holy Spirit ..then your not believing makes you an unbeliever and you need to seriously look into your salvation with trembling because the unbeliever does not enter the Kingdom of God .

if you read the word of God but go your way and do not DO the word of God because the lord tells us to be doers of the word and not hearers only.

if you do not abide in the lord Jesus (in prayer and life and love and obedience ) then you cannot bring forth fruit . Fruit is souls saved ..fruit is not doing nice things . when the lord told Adam and eve in the natural realm to "be fruitful " he did not go around doing nice things for folks .. he meant Multiply ..
the same - when the lord Jesus tells us in the Spiritual to be Fruitful ..he did not mean go around doing nice little things ..he meant Multiply .. bear fruit .. and so prove you are my disciples the Lord Jesus said . if you're not bearing the fruit of souls saved .. your not bearing fruit . and a branch that does not bear fruit .. will
be cut off and gathered up and burned .

these things are spoken by the Lord Jesus and recorded for very good reason . the lord is coming and he will gather the wheat into his barn,, but the chaff he will gather and it will be cast into outer darkness forever .

There is also the Gospel.

IMO, our relationship with God is not the legalistic, mechanical sort of thing you seem to be relating. SIN is a disease deep in our being.... which may reveal itself in thoughts or words or deeds, intentional or unintentional, realized or unknown to us, in things done that should not be or not done that should be, thoughts I should have had but did not or thoughts I had but should not have had: anytime my thoughts or words or deeds are less than HOLY as God is holy, PERFECT as God is perfect, not as loving as Jesus on the Cross - then my sinfulness if revealed.

Yes - I should constantly repent of my disease of sin, but I don't think it's a matter of realizing EVERY result of such and then saying words of repentence for such (I'd have no opportunity to say anything else, do anything else - because my sin is constant) - or else God withdraws His grace, mercy, forgiveness, justification. I don't agree with that view of our relationship with God. Yes.... I daily repent of my sinfulness. Yes.... every worship service I attend begins with the confession of my sin (it's the first thing in the liturgy). Yes... when I'm aware of some act of sinfulness, I HOPE I repent. But I don't agree that unless I articulate the words of repentance for EVERY thought, word or deed done or left undone that is not holy and morally perfect that ergo such sin is unforgiven and I'm headed for hell..... I don't agree with that kind of Christianity.

Perhaps we disagree.

Thank you.

Pax

- Josiah

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

being given the opportunity to repent .. does not automatically cause repentance to occur.. to even insinuate that is a horrid deviation from the truth .nothing more then a veiled attempt to justify continuance in sin. and continuenece in sin is rebellion and the rebellious do not enter the kingdom of heaven ..do not let any one deceive you.
Do not be deceived .the words of the lord JEsus are not cryptic .. if we continue in sin and do not repent ..STOP doing it .. after we have received the grace of god and the power of the holy Spirit who overcomes ALL SIN .. then that is simply evidence that we are not truly saved ..

it is never comfortable to the flesh when the sword of the word of God cuts .. but the word of God is Absolute truth -say it is not so at the peril of your own souls.So when anything in our lives does not align to the word of god we must NEVER add sin to sin ..by twisting gods word to mach our state .. but by changing our stance to match his word -- and that turning away from our own state ..is repentance ,it is done through the fear of God who is HOLY and the fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom . the lord Jesus was very very serious when he said that many will say LORD LORD ..they will cry it out in anguish ..and he will say depart from me you workers of iniquity ..i do not "KNOW YOU "..

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I believe there is Gospel.

I believe that I DO sin - thus, as you apply this verse, I CANNOT be a Christian and hell is my home.

Paul said that NO ONE is righteous, no not one. Thus, it seems your position is NO ONE is Christian, NO ONE is headed for heaven.

Let's pretend that you are capable of sin.... that you had a thought that was NOT absolutely holy, NOT absolutely perfect, NOT absolutely righteous. But THEREFORE, you did not realize it as such and thus did not say: "I confess unto Thee, O Holy God, that at 4:23 AM this morning I hadeth a thought that was not PERFECT as Thee and I repent of such in the name of Jesus". Nope, you didn't say that. Are you thus hellbound?

Since you seem to claim that Christians don't sin.... and since Paul called himself the CHIEF of SINNERS ... thus Paul could not have been a Christian, do you believe Paul is thus in hell - being that he sinned and thus does not know God?

IMO, Christianity empty of the Gospel is just Law. And thus just hell.

- Josiah

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There is also the Gospel.

IMO, our relationship with God is not the legalistic, mechanical sort of thing you seem to be relating. SIN is a disease deep in our being.... which may reveal itself in thoughts or words or deeds, intentional or unintentional, realized or unknown to us, in things done that should not be or not done that should be, thoughts I should have had but did not or thoughts I had but should not have had: anytime my thoughts or words or deeds are less than HOLY as God is holy, PERFECT as God is perfect, not as loving as Jesus on the Cross - then my sinfulness if revealed.

Yes - I should constantly repent of my disease of sin, but I don't think it's a matter of realizing EVERY result of such and then saying words of repentence for such (I'd have no opportunity to say anything else, do anything else - because my sin is constant) - or else God withdraws His grace, mercy, forgiveness, justification. I don't agree with that view of our relationship with God. Yes.... I daily repent of my sinfulness. Yes.... every worship service I attend begins with the confession of my sin (it's the first thing in the liturgy). Yes... when I'm aware of some act of sinfulness, I HOPE I repent. But I don't agree that unless I articulate the words of repentance for EVERY thought, word or deed done or left undone that is not holy and morally perfect that ergo such sin is unforgiven and I'm headed for hell..... I don't agree with that kind of Christianity.

Perhaps we disagree.

Thank you.

Pax

- Josiah

Again.. your entire stance is based upon .. "your opinion" -you sate so yourself beginning your post with IMO .= in my opinion.

absolute no where in scripture are we told to base out faith upon our opinion but ONLY on what the lord says .
there is the Gospel and upon hearing the Gospel preached 'peter , repeating the words of the lord JESUS clearly states what the only correct response to the Gospel must be .
"REPENT and be baptized for the remission of sin ... and you shall receive the Holy Spirit .. WHY also receive the Holy Spirit.? simply because HIS presence in our life is the nature of Christ who cannot sin nor will he cause you to sin but will convict you of sin without the law ..because he writes that law on our heart that by the very nature of Christ in us we know what is righteous or unrighteous to do ... if we then continue to ignore him and not abide in him but push aside his nature and continue in sin , then we do not yet know him as our lord and master but choose to remain under the lord ship of sin with sin as our master obeying IT rather then obeying the lord JESUS ,and in so doing we remain disobedient and in rebellion and will not enter the kingdom of heaven .

you sated that this is what "'I say" .. but it is NOT.. it is simply what the scriptures say .and Gods word is truth .
no one need be condemned by it ,except they reject what the lord has done for them and refuse to repent . but if we repent he awaits with keenness to forgive us .

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
"REPENT and be baptized for the remission of sin ... and you shall receive the Holy Spirit .. WHY also receive the Holy Spirit.? simply because HIS presence in our life is the nature of Christ who cannot sin nor will he cause you to sin but will convict you of sin without the law ..because he writes that law on our heart that by the very nature of Christ in us we know what is righteous or unrighteous to do ... if we then continue to ignore him and not abide in him but push aside his nature and continue in sin , then we do not yet know him as our lord and master but choose to remain under the lord ship of sin with sin as our master obeying IT rather then obeying the lord JESUS ,and in so doing we remain disobedient and in rebellion and will not enter the kingdom of heaven .

you sated that this is what "'I say" .. but it is NOT.. it is simply what the scriptures say .and Gods word is truth .
no one need be condemned by it ,except they reject what the lord has done for them and refuse to repent . but if we repent he awaits with keenness to forgive us .

You seem perhaps aware of the Law (although, I'm not sure of that). Just not the Gospel.

Your premise seems based on a false, wrong understanding of basic grammar. Yes, it is stated, "Repent and be baptized" but the word "and" (Kai in Greek) does not - IN ANY SENSE, MANNER OR WAY - imply (must less mandate) order. "I got up this morning, showered, made coffee, ate breakfast and read the paper" is a true statement. But I didn't do them in that order. Kai does NOT even remotely imply order, much less mandate it. Your entire premise is based on a very bad misunderstanding of elementary grammar.

You keep giving all kinds of OPINIONS and TRADITIONS with nothing to support it. You insist what matters is what GOD says.... but you keep refusing to supply the quotes of Him saying what YOU are.

Paul says NO ONE is righteous..... NO NOT ONE. Was he wrong? If so - then YOU are disagreeing with Scripture, with God, not me. If he is right, then you have just condemned all (including Paul) to hell. But that's what happens with a gospel-less "Christianity" where there is only Law, only ME, only obedience that is NEVER achieved. Unless again, Paul lied about NO ONE being righteous... ALL falling short.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You seem perhaps aware of the Law (although, I'm not sure of that). Just not the Gospel.

Your premise seems based on a false, wrong understanding of basic grammar. Yes, it is stated, "Repent and be baptized" but the word "and" (Kai in Greek) does not - IN ANY SENSE, MANNER OR WAY - imply (must less mandate) order. "I got up this morning, showered, made coffee, ate breakfast and read the paper" is a true statement. But I didn't do them in that order. Kai does NOT even remotely imply order, much less mandate it. Your entire premise is based on a very bad misunderstanding of elementary grammar.

You keep giving all kinds of OPINIONS and TRADITIONS with nothing to support it. You insist what matters is what GOD says.... but you keep refusing to supply the quotes of Him saying what YOU are.

Paul says NO ONE is righteous..... NO NOT ONE. Was he wrong? If so - then YOU are disagreeing with Scripture, with God, not me. If he is right, then you have just condemned all (including Paul) to hell. But that's what happens with a gospel-less "Christianity" where there is only Law, only ME, only obedience that is NEVER achieved. Unless again, Paul lied about NO ONE being righteous... ALL falling short.

you utterly ignore that Paul is speaking of all mankind before the very salvation you claim to tout .. if Christ came to leave us in that state then NONE would be saved for flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom and neither can anything corrupt . your entirely leaving out that in Christ we are made the righteousness of God in Christ JEsus .. not the sinner of God in Christ JEsus . -if christ came to save us from sin and whom the son has set free is free indeed -then why do you continue to sin ? what compels you ? why do you think it is a sin that a thought comes to you ..is there a verse in your law which says ..thou shalt not have a bad thought ? no there is not . it is rather said that we cast down every thought which exalts itself about the knowledge of christ.. for we can choose what we entertain and what we deny . .. can you control who comes beside you and blurts out filthy words ? no .. but does that mean you must ACT on those words .. absolutely not . and the reason you do not is because the nature of christ within us has no intention to act upon it .and so it is with evil thoughts .they come .. but if there is no intention to act upon them ..then no action will be taken in obedience to evil and thus no sin preformed .

if however you are thinking the evil thought because the intent and desire to act on it is in your heart and so you entertain the thought .. then you have already sinned because that is your intention ..it is what your planning to do in your heart .. this is way the lord jesus said .. "if you look upon a woman to lust after her .then you have already committed adultery ..", because it is the intention of your heart to do so .

with the nature of Christ within ..will the spirit of god have any intent to do wickedness? he will not neither can he . thus if we abide i him to listen and obey him it is impossible for us to then sin for we cannot obey christ's spirit and sin at the same time .
it is astounding how many people these days are preaching , by virtue of unbelief .. that the lord jesus is not able to so transform us that we walk n o longer in sin.Which is the VERY THING HE CAME TO ACCOMPLISH .
the truth then remains -- if you keep going back and sinning the same sin ,knowing it is sin ..then repentance has not yet occurred (but can ) and you need to repent and walk in the freedom the lord jesus has accomplished on the cross and cease from loving your sin more then you love obeying GOd .- God is not mocked ,what so ever a man sows , that will he reap and unrepentant sin will reap death .

Last edited:

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
people seem to have accepted many false teaching in regard to sin and repentance

never has repentance meant .. to turn away from sotning and then keep doing it .

here is a great little piece which explains it wonderfully . i identify a lot because my testimony is so similar in how the lord caused me to become free from sin and ..simply STOP doing it . and we never "have " to do it again .. free really does mean FREE .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Fo3BN1m7M

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely, we need to turn and have true sorrow for our sin

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely, we need to turn and have true sorrow for our sin

and walk in the freedom the lord has accomplished for us :D:D ..oh hey ..continue on and watch many of his other clips ..so many people being healed and baptised in water and in the Holy Spirit .
we are all called to do what he is doing ..preach the gospel, heal the sick ,cast out demons ,baptize and make more disciples :)

-prayed for a lady with a bad arthritic knee yesterday ..her pain vanished and she could bend it HEAPS and we were both very excited and she praised the Lord jesus .prayed for a friend who had an injured eye which had developed a scratchy feeling and constant twitch.. it is instantly healed ..
am so excited that when we obey and leave sin behind and begin to walk in holiness to the lord (separated unto hi and no longer mingled in the worldliness of movies and tv and attitude ) the lord leads us to seek him on our knees and begins to rise up within us to be who he has always been and move through "us" his new body upon the earth . God is so Good .

ouh that all believers would repent of sin and STOP doing it and no longer buy the lie that you can be forgiven and then keep on sinning .. if you do not stop sinning then we simply become guilty of crucifying the lord again and again ... REPENT folks repent ! the day of the Lord comes and if you are living in repetitive sin without turning away from doing it .. you will not be counted among the saints at his coming . there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth . and the great sorrow will be .. there is no need for any to be in that state .. you need simply repent and the lord awaits to forgive you .. and then he says to you " GO >>> AND SIN NO MORE ! freedom awaits .

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe there is Gospel.

I believe that I DO sin - thus, as you apply this verse, I CANNOT be a Christian and hell is my home.

Paul said that NO ONE is righteous, no not one. Thus, it seems your position is NO ONE is Christian, NO ONE is headed for heaven.

Let's pretend that you are capable of sin.... that you had a thought that was NOT absolutely holy, NOT absolutely perfect, NOT absolutely righteous. But THEREFORE, you did not realize it as such and thus did not say: "I confess unto Thee, O Holy God, that at 4:23 AM this morning I hadeth a thought that was not PERFECT as Thee and I repent of such in the name of Jesus". Nope, you didn't say that. Are you thus hellbound?

Since you seem to claim that Christians don't sin.... and since Paul called himself the CHIEF of SINNERS ... thus Paul could not have been a Christian, do you believe Paul is thus in hell - being that he sinned and thus does not know God?

IMO, Christianity empty of the Gospel is just Law. And thus just hell.

- Josiah
You cannot repent of something that you are unaware of. The Holy spirit will weigh down your heart and add shame to your conscience showing sin. This showing of sin allows for the repentance there of. Also not continuing in sin upon realization is repentance, not just necessarily admitting to God that you are aware of it.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom