Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Who is excited for the debate on Tuesday between Trump and Biden? What do you think will happen? Do you think Biden will wear an earpiece for assistance with his responses? Will Trump be mean? Will both be prepared on the topics?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I can't with a good conscience vote for either of them, so I probably won't watch.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I predict the winner will be a crushing sense of despondency.

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I checked the 2016 debates. Wikipedia has a long article. They include polls following all of them. A substantial majority thought Hillary did better. It obviously didn't help. It's ot clear that people vote on the basis of the kinds of ideas that you see in a debate. I think that's particularly true with Trump. I think people vote for him because they think he's like them. I find that a scary thought.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I checked the 2016 debates. Wikipedia has a long article. They include polls following all of them. A substantial majority thought Hillary did better. It obviously didn't help. It's ot clear that people vote on the basis of the kinds of ideas that you see in a debate. I think that's particularly true with Trump. I think people vote for him because they think he's like them. I find that a scary thought.

Maybe they vote for him because they prefer his vision for the future. It's not hard to see why that would be - people across rural areas don't really want to have urban overlords dictating how they live their lives.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It should be interesting

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Who is excited for the debate on Tuesday between Trump and Biden?
We're not supposed to be excited about debates between fellow brethren because we are called to be peacemakers.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We're not supposed to be excited about debates between fellow brethren because we are called to be peacemakers.

Christians aren't supposed to take part in foolish arguments or quarrels but debates are formal discussions so that each side can try to understand the other's point of view.

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No

To me it is quite terrifying if there are more like him. I know that it is perfectly true but it is still terrifying.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Who is excited for the debate on Tuesday between Trump and Biden? What do you think will happen? Do you think Biden will wear an earpiece for assistance with his responses? Will Trump be mean? Will both be prepared on the topics?

Here's my prediction....

1. The only people watching will be those who strongly support one or the other

2. Trump supporters will insist their guy NAILED the debate. Biden supporters will insist their guy NAILED the debate. But most of those supporters never watched the debate.

3. The moderators will feed every question as anti-Trump. They'll present AS FACT things never remotely varified and demand he answer about their gossip, and if he calls them on it, they'll insist he thus must be guilty. Their obvious mission will be to make Trump look as bad as they can. It will be very slanted. And this will be obvious. But it won't matter.

4. NO MATTER WHAT, the Press will say Trump just lied and lied.... Trump is stupid... Trump just repeated "unsubstantiated claims" (while they bombard him with unsubstantiated claims).... and they will claim Biden is THE most intelligent, articulate, wise man ever to have lived even though they won't have any soundbite that remotely suggests. NO MATTER WHAT is said. Even if neither even shows up.

5. The Liberals are hoping for one thing: Biden stays awake for the whole thing. I suspect he will. And that he'll say not much. And I suspect he won't. And that the focus will go to the VICE PRESIDENT debate, where the REAL future ruler will be present: Senator Harris. Biden needs to just not mess anything up until SHE can get at the podium. We'll see if Biden can do that.

6. Not one vote will change.

Let's see if I'm right.

Josiah

Last edited:

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married