Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
After struggling with interpersonal relationships for years, all relationships not just romantic, I’ve decided to be single for life. I’ve always enjoyed being single more anyways. Finally, I have too many mental health issues to deal with relationships anyways.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Do you have the gift of celibacy?

Member4592

I think staying single is a great idea for some people. But it's not for everyone.

Because some of those people are toxic, self centered, abusive, and narcistic and have delusions that the world revolves around them. That's the classic definition of a sociopath. What's the point if they're just going abuse their significant other and then turn around and play the victim and ask everyone why they're alone?

Now some people stay single because they've been abused from their last few stretch of relationships or have dealt with domestic violence. Then you have those that fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down and they're just not attractive. They're great for friendship material. But I think sex and intimacy are important in a relationship let alone a marriage.

And there's nothing wrong with having friends. You get more space in a friendship then you would in a relationship.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I've got extended singleness syndrome. Basically that means I've been single for a long time :p .

Being single definitely has it's perks. Freedom, for one. Live life how you like. Don't have to put up with garbage from a partner. Don't have to tell little "white" lies. Don't have to put up with annoying relatives and in-laws. Jealousy is non-existent. Relationship insecurity is non-existent.
And bad breath. A lot of married men feel they need to "keep up with the Jones's" because their wife is "socially oriented" (ie: status seeker). "Does this make me look fat" (when she is fat) doesn't exist for singles. Stupid shopping trips for baubles and vain things don't exist. So to the "required" Valentines day gifts, and the guilt trips if you forget, and all that other s....

Then there is religion. If living in a Western country, your choices are pretty limited to Catholic and Protestant, for the majority. What does this mean to her? Putting up trees in December, and collecting eggs on "Easter"? Or is she a routine church goer who parks her brain at the door to fawn over whatever message her "pastor" has that week? Most Christians are Pauline Christians, and that just isn't going to work with me, especially if it's pressed.

On the other hand, there's no sex. Small price to pay. No affection or love either, bigger price.

Single men without any kids/family can be dangerous men. We have little tying us to this earth. Little to protect. Cross us and the only thing that might hold us back is the fear of God, if that is enough, or the fear of prison.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Single men without any kids/family can be dangerous men. We have little tying us to this earth. Little to protect. Cross us and the only thing that might hold us back is the fear of God, if that is enough, or the fear of prison.

Interesting thought, but don't underestimate the lengths a husband/father will go to in order to protect his wife and children.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Interesting thought, but don't underestimate the lengths a husband/father will go to in order to protect his wife and children.

I would never underestimate that. Married men's wife and children, the love of them, if it is present, is such a powerful force that if I were a single man wronged by a married man, and I had no restraint (I was not submitting to a higher morality/God), the married man's family would be a target. Going after him personally would be secondary. One inflicts the most pain by destroying love, or the object of it.

I wonder if you have ever seen Cape Fear (1991)? Or The Gift (2015)?

Last edited:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've seen Cape Fear but it was a long time ago, don't really remember much of it.

Nic

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Yes
After struggling with interpersonal relationships for years, all relationships not just romantic, I’ve decided to be single for life. I’ve always enjoyed being single more anyways. Finally, I have too many mental health issues to deal with relationships anyways.
Welcome to the club! I'm a charter member!😁

Henrywrites

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Yes
I believe people can be single and enjoy the best things of life. You don't have anyone that will want you to answer to them and all of that.

Top Bottom