Is Daniel 11:44 concerned about Russia alone? Or Russia allied with China? Will China still exist during the future events forecasted?

Bouan Philippe

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Daniel 11:44 BUT NEWS FROM THE EAST AND THE NORTH SHALL TROUBLE HIM; therefore he shall go out with great fury to destroy and annihilate many.

Russia is to the "north" of France, Iberia and the Italian peninsula, but is also to the East of the aforementioned.

Who is the Scripture talking about?

Is it Russia on its own?

Or Russia allied with China?

Will China still exist during the future events forecasted?

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have moved this thread to the World Religion & Speculative Theology Forum.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
This is why Maccabees is important

NathanH83

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Daniel 11:44 BUT NEWS FROM THE EAST AND THE NORTH SHALL TROUBLE HIM; therefore he shall go out with great fury to destroy and annihilate many.

Russia is to the "north" of France, Iberia and the Italian peninsula, but is also to the East of the aforementioned.

Who is the Scripture talking about?

Is it Russia on its own?

Or Russia allied with China?

Will China still exist during the future events forecasted?

Daniel chapter 11 is talking about Greek kings, one of which was north of Israel, and one of which was south of Israel. The king of the south is Ptolemy, who ruled Egypt, and the king of the north is Seleucus, who ruled most of Asia.

As Andrew said, this is why Maccabees is important.

Both Daniel 8 and 11 prophesy about the history in Maccabees. But because we haven’t read that history, we end up thinking up wacky ideas like it’s talking about Russia or something. Like, no, it’s talking about the events leading up to Hanukah (but it’s also a dual prophecy regarding the antichrist-not necessarily Russian).

Bouan Philippe

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
"but it’s also a dual prophecy regarding the antichrist-not necessarily Russian"

First of all, how could it possibly be a dual prophecy, which implies that there are several ambiguous layers in the passage?

Are we allowed to have such ambiguity in the interpretation of Scripture generally?

Secondly, if the Antichrist is not Russian then which are the most likely alternative countries?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

NathanH83

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
"but it’s also a dual prophecy regarding the antichrist-not necessarily Russian"

First of all, how could it possibly be a dual prophecy, which implies that there are several ambiguous layers in the passage?

Are we allowed to have such ambiguity in the interpretation of Scripture generally?

Secondly, if the Antichrist is not Russian then which are the most likely alternative countries?

Daniel 8 and 11 prophesy about the events in Maccabees. That already happened before Christ. But Jesus referenced Daniel 8 in the future tense, indicating that it also applies to future events.

Many things are dual. Isaiah 14 says it’s about the king of Babylon, but it’s also about Satan. Psalm 22 David was talking about himself, but it also prophetically speaks of Jesus on the cross.

I never said the anti-Christ is not Russian, just that Daniel 11 is talking about Greece, not Russia. I don’t know the ethnicity of the anti-Christ. It hasn’t happened yet.

Bouan Philippe

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I never said the anti-Christ is not Russian, just that Daniel 11 is talking about Greece, not Russia. I don’t know the ethnicity of the anti-Christ. It hasn’t happened yet.

Do you think it's going to happen within the lifetime of this generation?

NathanH83

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Do you think it's going to happen within the lifetime of this generation?

Oh, who knows? Seems like every generation wants to think they’re the last. There could be 300 more years for all I know.

Bouan Philippe

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Oh, who knows? Seems like every generation wants to think they’re the last. There could be 300 more years for all I know.
Okay, I've asked for a second opinion, but I personally think it's going to happen within the lifetime of this present generation, probably in the next 30 to 40 years you will begin to see the unfulfilled prophecies of the OT & NT unfold.

Last edited:

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Okay, I've asked for a second opinion, but I personally think it's going to happen within the lifetime of this present generation, probably in the next 30 to 40 years you will begin to see the unfulfilled prophecies of the OT & NT unfolding.

You can look at it this way too, the first prophecy of a savior comes from Genesis, from then on how long did it take for Jesus' first coming?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Russia and China both figure in end time prophecy

Bouan Philippe

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Russia and China both figure in end time prophecy
Actually, I have no qualms about Russia at all, but am disappointed to hear that China is supposedly relevant to end times prophecy.

Do you have any Scriptural evidence to support it?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Exactly. Jesus said we won't know the time and it does seem like every generation has seen signs that make them think this is the real end. But here we are.

NathanH83

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Exactly. Jesus said we won't know the time and it does seem like every generation has seen signs that make them think this is the real end. But here we are.

Yup. Every generation. We simply don’t know. Anyone who claims to know will be shown to later on be a false prophet, just like the founders of the Jehovah’s False Witnesses cult.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's not exactly true. There are false prophets, but there are also many ordinary Bible readers who think that the current conditions in the world look like they're matching up with the signs of the end times.

These people, like similar ones in earlier times whom you correctly said had made inaccurate predictions, are not prophets, either genuine or false.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
That's not exactly true. There are false prophets, but there are also many ordinary Bible readers who think that the current conditions in the world look like they're matching up with the signs of the end times.

These people, like similar ones in earlier times whom you correctly said had made inaccurate predictions, are not prophets, either genuine or false.
My aunt it still hooked on some youtube prophet who fails every week!
I see what you mean but there are many who claim to "know" and it never seems to embarrass them when their predictions fail

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My aunt it still hooked on some youtube prophet who fails every week!
I see what you mean but there are many who claim to "know" and it never seems to embarrass them when their predictions fail
Yeah, that's also true. There are those who aren't claiming to be prophets, but the people who believe their predictions seem to treat them as though they were. Not all of them, of course, but there are examples that could be cited.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Yeah, that's also true. There are those who aren't claiming to be prophets, but the people who believe their predictions seem to treat them as though they were. Not all of them, of course, but there are examples that could be cited.
This guy :/
The Last Prophet Standing

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Are you saying that someone, anyone, thinks that guy's dreams are prophesy?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Are you saying that someone, anyone, thinks that guy's dreams are prophesy?
Actually the guy she sends me on PM all the time took his videos down, this was another one she sends me but I stopped watching them, I figured his channel name suggested that he really perceives himself a prophet

Top Bottom