Are fossils being made

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
A most beloved radio station had a study on dinosaurs and stated that fossils are no longer being made and can only be made by catastrophic events such as the big flood of Noah's time. This makes absolute sense and is a firm hit for creationists but do I trust this show's research or are they in error?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
A most beloved radio station had a study on dinosaurs and stated that fossils are no longer being made and can only be made by catastrophic events such as the big flood of Noah's time. This makes absolute sense and is a firm hit for creationists but do I trust this show's research or are they in error?

Fossils are being made but they take time to make. The process takes a long time.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Fossils are being made but they take time to make. The process takes a long time.

I'm NO geologist, but I suspect MoreCoffee is right here.

IMO, when some "creationists" (actually, anti-evolutionists) make these kinds of statements, it tends to discredit them (and sadly, by extension, Christians and Christianity). IMO, Christians should not be afraid of the truth - must less be dedicating to denying it. God is truth..... God's truth cannot contradict truth. The PROBLEM (in my opinion) is not with the Bible or with God or with Truth - the problem is with US. I recall the many who for centuries defending the Earth as small, square and flat - all because of SCRIPTURE. But Scripture was not wrong..... truth is not a lie (the Earth is NOT square and flat - sorry, that's just reality)... the problem was in our misunderstanding of what these several Scriptures were teaching, the problem was with the one they saw in the mirror. We need not be afraid of truth (or science in quest of such)..... we should be afraid of man misunderstanding God and His Scriptures. When the ancient Greeks discovered the size and shape of the Earth (some centuries after these Hebrew Scriptures were penned), they were not wrong. Scripture was not wrong. People were wrong in their understanding of Scripture.

My half cent.

Pax Christi

- Josiah

Top Bottom