Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
(For covid safety) First it was 6 feet and then they thought about extending THAT! But now it's 3 feet.

Airlines are packed with people shoulder to shoulder every day and they aren't even 3 feet apart.

Which do you feel safer? 6 feet? 3 feet? More than 6? Or it doesn't matter?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't care. I still hug my friends who are comfortable with being hugged.

Even aside from that the bigger issue is that so many people want to be told what to do and not have to do any thinking for themselves. When the mantra was six feet there were so many people who figured "73 inches good, 71 inches bad" without stopping to consider things like whether people are indoors or outdoors, wind direction / airflow, relative sizes of people etc.

My friend's daughter is 12 and if she sneezes it's so quiet you could probably be within 12 inches of her and not be concerned. If I sneeze in your direction you'll want a lot more than six feet of space. Someone my size shouting will blow droplets a lot further then another friend's 7-year-old talking, partly because of increased lung capacity and partly because the droplets start their journey so much higher.

If I recall it's been some time since the CDC said 6 feet is needed while the WHO said 3-4 feet. Because science.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It doesn't matter to me. I know the flights I have been on have only been half to two thirds full. They made sure people were spread out. On the last one I was on, someone I didn't know was beside me. The seats across the aisle were empty and the flight attendant asked if we were traveling together and then moved him on the other side of the aisle. Otherwise, one is required to wear mask the whole time and on the those flights, flight attendants were reminding people to put them on and to cover the nose.

Also, more and more people are getting the vaccine.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't think they really know how many feet is best, but I know now when someone gets close to me and isn't wearing a mask it kinda freaks me out a little.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
When I enter a public place I feel most relaxed around people who aren't wearing a stupid face diaper. It shows they have the courage to resist social pressure, probably are not your typical Television addicted hypnotized lemming, and aren't likely to freak out over me not wearing one.

Of course this applies to "social distancing" as well.

Empire

Religious Affiliation
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Yes
In the UK it was three feet then down to two feet when wearing a mask was in place, but now people do not care and doing what they went out to do to get back. No feet apart. In most locations like the store it's not easy to try and stick two feet

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
When I enter a public place I feel most relaxed around people who aren't wearing a stupid face diaper. It shows they have the courage to resist social pressure, probably are not your typical Television addicted hypnotized lemming, and aren't likely to freak out over me not wearing one.

Of course this applies to "social distancing" as well.

What you call "social pressure" is merely common sense. As a Canadian I find it odd that so many Americans value their sense of freedom and independence over the health of others, indeed over their own health.

Member4592

(For covid safety) First it was 6 feet and then they thought about extending THAT! But now it's 3 feet.

Airlines are packed with people shoulder to shoulder every day and they aren't even 3 feet apart.

Which do you feel safer? 6 feet? 3 feet? More than 6? Or it doesn't matter?

I'm going to help you out here. This is the real point. The truth. Ever since the vaccine came out. They quit caring about masks and staying apart because a long long time ago. Something called the Polio vaccine wiped out a disease. And for the same reason because people ignored those guidelines even with the George Floyd riots, people ignored the guidelines on spring beak, and they're going to ignore it this summer. People are creatures of habit. The government isn't stupid and they know people just want the virus to go away.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
What you call "social pressure" is merely common sense. As a Canadian I find it odd that so many Americans value their sense of freedom and independence over the health of others, indeed over their own health.

In case you haven't noticed, resistance to this has been worldwide. I live in Australia, and we had our own push backs against the tyranny veiled as "safety measures". Similar resistance happened all over the world - most notably in France, England and Ireland for the west...but other countries as well. Not just in not wearing masks, either. Although I don't suppose that whatever corporate news-speak you pay attention to mentioned this?

I like this common sense:

The "authority" pushing the covid scare is primarily the World Health Organization, along with super wealthy institutions and individuals that support it and affiliated bodies such as the United Nations.

Search this term: "a world at risk"(include quotes), click on the who.int (world health organization web page, international) pdf file, scroll down to page 10, and look at bullet point 2. Then scroll up to the first page and look at when this document was first published.

I know...it's a little bit of work...and it might make a brain explode from all the tv/radio brainwashing...so it will take courage too.

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
Remember back when you got polio? Oops! Sorry! You were vaccinated.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Remember back when you got polio? Oops! Sorry! You were vaccinated.

Oh, so you didn't want to do that little exercise? Would have taken you 5 minutes with a decent search engine to look up what I said post #9.

And btw - "polio" is still around. The signs and symptoms are similar to "other" diseases, like multiple sclerosis. It was officially "eradicated" (or supposedly in large part) to push the vaccine scam. All that happened is that the name "polio" was left off the list of diagnosis, and "other" diseases with similar or the same symptoms remained or replaced it - Guillian-Barre syndrone, Multiple Sclerosis, etc.

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
IF you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. It is so very simple to mask, to distance and to sanitize compared to other national emergencies where much greater sacrifices had to be made.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
IF you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. It is so very simple to mask, to distance and to sanitize compared to other national emergencies where much greater sacrifices had to be made.

The states in the US where there are no restrictions have less cases and deaths right now than the states with the most restrictions.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

Still haven't done that simple search I asked you to do in post #9 have you?

Are you afraid?

I know that might be the case. I know people with your mindset. So lost in media programing, so addicted, that pride and fear shuts them off from learning very simple truths.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Except the fact something is simple doesn't mean it makes any difference. So many people act as if these things come at zero cost to the person doing them when in fact the cost isn't necessarily zero. It's also pretty well known that the virus doesn't spread by touch anywhere near as much as first thought so sanitizing everything in sight is little more than theater.

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
The states in the US where there are no restrictions have less cases and deaths right now than the states with the most restrictions.

Infectious diseases usually spread more easier in areas with high population densities.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Infectious diseases usually spread more easier in ares with high population densities.

Is that why Florida doesn't have runaway cases, or why Fauci can't explain why Texas hasn't seen runaway infection rates since they dropped the statewide mask mandates? It's almost as if the mandates don't do anything useful.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Infectious diseases usually spread more easier in areas with high population densities.

Texas has a couple of really big cities, right? New York, Pennsylvania and Michigan aren't the only states with big cities.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Texas has a couple of really big cities, right? New York, Pennsylvania and Michigan aren't the only states with big cities.

I've never been there but I hear Florida has some pretty big cities too.

Sometimes it seems like the most reliable marker for COVID outbreaks is the political leaning of the governorship. The virus doesn't know which way an individual votes but it sometimes seems like it knows which way the governor votes. But then that shouldn't be a surprise, given the virus already knows whether someone is out after 10pm and whether someone is having food with their beer.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I just looked up and saw that Pennsylvania (which has a high case count currently) includes "Probable" cases.

Probable cases usually include 2 of 3 things:
Family Member Tested Positive
Rapid Test was Positive (they aren't accurate)
Symptoms of Covid (hello, allergy season!)

Top Bottom