Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I am a Single guy and do get non-sense ideas when a girl smiles at me. My mind will start thinking the girl likes me and she is interested in me. Sometime the name of the girl keeps playing in my mind. In reality they don't know me or care about me. But my mind keeps bombarding with these thoughts. I understand it can be due to Lust also.

How to overcome these thoughts and treat them as my friend and sisters

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's a tough one. Do you talk to those girls or just smile?

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That’s not all that uncommon. I’m a bit of an introvert and when I was single I had similar experiences. It’s normal to want companionship. Usually once you’re actively intermingling with females in social situations regularly that should tend to diminish.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am a Single guy and do get non-sense ideas when a girl smiles at me. My mind will start thinking the girl likes me and she is interested in me. Sometime the name of the girl keeps playing in my mind. In reality they don't know me or care about me. But my mind keeps bombarding with these thoughts. I understand it can be due to Lust also.

How to overcome these thoughts and treat them as my friend and sisters

Are you talking about a girl you know in a social or professional sense, or something more like when a girl just happens to pass by and smiles at you?

It's perfectly natural for a guy to feel good when a girl (especially a girl you find attractive) smiles at you. Sometimes it doesn't mean anything. Sometimes it means she likes you. Maybe she would like to know you better..

As for your feelings about it, they are normal. If a pretty girl smiles at you and you think "hey, she's kinda cute" and smile back, there's nothing wrong with that. If you wonder whether she might be interested in getting to know you better, there's nothing wrong with that. If you get talking with her and end up dating her, there's nothing wrong with that. If you go away and spend hours fantasising about her, mentally undressing her and the like, that's not good. If you find yourself doing that your best bet is to try and think about something else. To simply "stop thinking about it" often doesn't work but if you take the specific step of thinking about something else you can often push the less helpful thoughts out of your mind.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That’s not all that uncommon. I’m a bit of an introvert and when I was single I had similar experiences. It’s normal to want companionship. Usually once you’re actively intermingling with females in social situations regularly that should tend to diminish.

I think mingling with female colleague is the problem i have. I don't want to be bothered or disturbed so i just move on in social situations.

That's a tough one. Do you talk to those girls or just smile?

I don't talk or smile to those girls, i just ignore them and move.

[MENTION=62]tango[/MENTION] i am talking in professional sense. Whenever i get non-sense thought i am trying to divert my mind by singing a song or recalling some funny incident in my life but still fail. I hope i take the advice given here and see how it turns out.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
[MENTION=62]tango[/MENTION] i am talking in professional sense. Whenever i get non-sense thought i am trying to divert my mind by singing a song or recalling some funny incident in my life but still fail. I hope i take the advice given here and see how it turns out.

In a professional setting it may be that the girl in question likes you - it's far from rare for people to meet their long-term partner in a work situation. Let's face it, many people spend most of their waking hours at work so it's hardly a surprise that relationships form and flourish.

Of course it may be simply that the girl is being friendly in a professional context. I used to work with a few ladies who I quite liked and who liked me, in a platonic professional sense. Sometimes we'd chat at the water cooler about things in general. There was nothing sexual in those encounters at all, we were work colleagues who got on well and who happened to be of different genders.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't want to be loved by the opposite sex, just don't want to be bothered by them. For the past few days i am fine and i think if i continue this i will over come this non-sense soon.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't want to be loved by the opposite sex, just don't want to be bothered by them. For the past few days i am fine and i think if i continue this i will over come this non-sense soon.

If you're not interested in a relationship, just be professional towards these ladies and ignore anything else.

Top Bottom