JOHN 14:12 WHATSOEVER YOU ASK

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

This was fulfilled by the disciples after Pentecost through healings and miracles (Acts 3:6 Acts 6:8).

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

The disciples believed on the name of Jesus and were given the greater works of miracles to glorify God.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Jesus doing whatsoever was asked was conditional upon the disciples keeping his commandments.

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Receiving whatsoever was asked was conditional upon the disciples being fruitful.

1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Once again it is repeated in 1 John that for believing Israel receiving whatsoever is asked is dependent upon keeping his commandments.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
so your saying these words in scripture are for believing Israel and not for all believers? That isn't true

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
so your saying these words in scripture are for believing Israel and not for all believers? That isn't true

It is not a promise given to be applied to the church in this dispensation but it is true and profitable for us

Last edited:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It is not a promise given to be applied to the church in this dispensation but it is true and profitable for us

Where do you get the exclusions in the verses you mentioned? I don't see any exclusionary statements except these are for those who love God and follow his commandments

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Where do you get the exclusions in the verses you mentioned? I don't see any exclusionary statements except these are for those who love God and follow his commandments

Jesus in chapters 13 through 16 of John was speaking to the disciples and did not say any promises were given to anyone other than the disciples.

Paul never calls the church, the body of Christ disciples in his epistles. The disciples including the twelve followed and were taught by Jesus.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Jesus in chapters 13 through 16 of John was speaking to the disciples and did not say any promises were given to anyone other than the disciples.

Paul never calls the church, the body of Christ disciples in his epistles. The disciples including the twelve followed and were taught by Jesus.

If this teaching is only for the disciples then why would the Holy Spirit lead them to write it down for us today?

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
If this teaching is only for the disciples then why would the Holy Spirit lead them to write it down for us today?

All scripture is given for us according to 2 Timothy 3:16

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
All scripture is given for us according to 2 Timothy 3:16

Yet your claiming that these promises aren't for us. Please make up your mind.

Top Bottom