Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No I think that is in bad taste and it is spreading, I see older people doing it now and it really isnt flattering at all.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
This was a huge trend here about 15-20 years ago. In the last 10 years, it has died down - thank goodness!

But yes. LOL. We have a corner store half a block from where we live, and I have gone in there with pajamas on. But disclaimer - my pajamas are nothing more than a pair of sweatpants or yoga pants with a t-shirt. So I look like I've just been at the gym. And this year on Christmas day I wore my Christmas onesie, a Santa Suit, to visit a friend in a long term care facility and take gifts to him.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No, I wouldn't do that.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I wear leggings which my thoughts are they are like pjs.

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
It seems to be acceptable in Walmart.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
It's a pet peeve of mine, people wearing pj's and house slippers in public. However, one weekend morning I was in the middle of making breakfast and I didn't have orange juice and I was craving it. So I thought I would go to a fast food place (Burger King) and I was wearing floppy flannel lounging pants (pj's) and a huge t-shirt and of course my house slippers. But my thought was that I would just use the drive-thru. I drove up to the outdoor menu board and noticed that two small containers would be $4 USD. I decided not to waste my money and drive across the street to a small grocery store. I sat in the car for a long while trying to decide if it was worth it to actually go into the store dressed the way I was. I decided it would be for a quick moment and ran into the store... I grabbed the orange juice and ducking through the food aisles quickly proceeded to the cashier. Only to see one cashier and 7 people in line. I will never do that again!

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I wouldn't wear PJs out in public but if I've been hiking or working on the house it's not unheard of for me to go out looking like I got dragged through a hedge or something. Usually when I go out after working and before showering it's to the hardware store, so it's not such a big deal if I'm covered in grime from the house. I'll usually try and stay a considerate distance from the staff if I know I don't smell very fresh but, as one of the guys there once said, it's not like I'm the only person in there who smells a bit. They have farmers going in there and sometimes you can smell them from a great distance. I don't think I've ever smelled that bad!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think I've worn pajamas out in public 2 times in my life. One time was to an adult pajama party for Christmas and it was a sleepover but I had to sing at church the next day so I went home and didn't stay.

The first time I wore PJs in public I was in high school and I was spending the night at my friend's house and we got in her car that night and drove to Chicago. That was so stupid of us. There was no GPS back then and no EZ pass to get through tolls. If you didn't have change you were in trouble. She accidentally went down the tollway on the way home, after getting us lost in a bad part of the city and asking some guy for directions...what were we thinking? Her little white fluffy dog was in the back seat with car sickness so no protection from it. Since then I'm much more prepared whenever I go out into my car.

Fiona1964

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Only time I worn my pajamas in public was when I was rushed to A&E and had to get a taxi home after

bharath

Religious Affiliation
Hindu
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It's an old fashioned and here still the Muslims people wear all the time, but nowadays they are too ignoring in such type of clothes. Leggings had became good for girls here although they were cheap than pajamas.
Once I bought Kurta pajama in life and after that never had or never weared in public.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's an old fashioned and here still the Muslims people wear all the time, but nowadays they are too ignoring in such type of clothes. Leggings had became good for girls here although they were cheap than pajamas.
Once I bought Kurta pajama in life and after that never had or never weared in public.

Leggings here in the US are really popular and some schools put restrictions on them in their dress codes because the girls wear the really tight ones with short tops and it's too revealing looking.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Leggings here in the US are really popular and some schools put restrictions on them in their dress codes because the girls wear the really tight ones with short tops and it's too revealing looking.

The gym I belonged to had several women that wore leggings so tight that it looked like body paint! They are totally revealing, I don't find it appropriate for use out in the public. That's just what I think, ultimately people can wear whatever they want. But I still SMH.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The gym I belonged to had several women that wore leggings so tight that it looked like body paint! They are totally revealing, I don't find it appropriate for use out in the public. That's just what I think, ultimately people can wear whatever they want. But I still SMH.

Have you seen the WalMart photos of people wearing flesh colored leggings? :scared:

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Have you seen the WalMart photos of people wearing flesh colored leggings? :scared:

No, but I have seen tons of photos of Walmart shoppers and how they dress. If I saw it in real life, I would probably start laughing because it would cause me to do a double take. :;-D:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No, but I have seen tons of photos of Walmart shoppers and how they dress. If I saw it in real life, I would probably start laughing because it would cause me to do a double take. :;-D:

It's probably against site rules for me to post any of those pics haha

Top Bottom