Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Our free year of hosting so generously donated to us from Jazzy over at https://yaketys.com/ will be ending sometime after May and that means we'll have to start paying again monthly. Currently our status is that we have some money from Supporting Members to keep us going briefly and we are very grateful to those who have supported the forum.

We've come into an issue where our software is so antiquated that it could become unsecure and it doesn't support some of the upgrades by our host which means we'll need to figure out a solution. Romanos, the owner, would like to have a long term solution instead of a band-aid and we are considering changing to a different software even though that would mean changing the look and slight function to our site because our add ons and modifications would not migrate over. That also means spending money we don't have.

I was asked recently by a member how to become a supporting member and I realized it's been a while since this has been brought up. http://christianityhaven.com/payments.php There are multiple options for supporting the site through that link and it's done through PayPal.

When I asked Romanos to create this site for me, I vowed to not beg for money from people to help keep it going and I didn't want a slew of ads spoiling the site in order to earn some spare coins. I've learned that the ads don't really pay much anyway! Supporting the site through donations to PayPal are always welcomed but now for a brief time I will be offering commissioned pet portraits as a fundraiser for Christianity Haven.

Maybe you've seen my work before? I prefer to work in pastels which are chalks.
Click image for larger version. ChristmasPortraits.jpg

I will be offering to those who live in the United States & Canada a pet portrait in the amount of $100 USD which will go entirely to supporting the forum. Shipping will be paid by me and done through USPS and however else it gets shipped from there to Canada if there is a buyer from there.

The size of the portrait will be so that it will fit within an 8"x10" mat opening (mat and frame are NOT included) and the art will be done on pastel/charcoal paper and done in pastels/charcoals. I do heads and necks only as that is my style and it will take 4-6 weeks to complete. The work will be sprayed with a fixative to help prevent smudging but it will still be vulnerable so handle with care. Payment through PayPal to the site is expected before work can begin. I require a photo of the pet (cat, dog, horse, etc) and it will be 1 pet only for the portrait. The photo should be of the head and neck with clear detail.

If you have questions please ask here or you can PMme about this. I want this site to keep going for a long time and so arrangements need to be started now in order for that to happen. God has blessed us for 4 1/2 years and I'd love for Christianity Haven to live for many more years to come.

TLDR; Support CH by becoming a Supporting Member http://christianityhaven.com/payments.php
or support by purchasing a pet portrait for $100 that will help pay for hosting costs, software upgrades and domain name renewal.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Your portraits are beautiful! I would absolutely love to purchase one and support the site but I don't make much money. I plan on working full time again but I really want to pay off my school default so I can go back to school someday..
Maybe in the near future I can get you to do a portrait for me or at least help donate to the site.
Ads don't really bother me because I use Tapatalk and I'm not buying the premium just to get rid of them, I don't even notice them anyway... I miss the good ol days of the Internet where ads didn't exist, but them again dial up was so horrible lol.
I used to do html coding in the late 90s and the domain wasn't too expensive, but those days are long gone.. maybe I should go to school for coding!

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hopefully done for one year subscription.

I don't want to be in the "contest" for anything....

I "lost" my PayPal account so I apologize for not renewing this as soon as it expired, but hopefully it's okay now.

Last edited:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I sent another $25.00. It is a gift to Andrew, please give him "Supporter Member" status for a year.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hopefully done for one year subscription.

I don't want to be in the "contest" for anything....

I "lost" my PayPal account so I apologize for not renewing this as soon as it expired, but hopefully it's okay now.

This isn't a contest :) It's just a unique type of fundraiser based upon my 25 years of experience as a pet portrait artist.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This isn't a contest :) It's just a unique type of fundraiser based upon my 25 years of experience as a pet portrait artist.

List Andrew as the possible "winner" for both. Thanks.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Aw shucks you two! Don't make me blush!
a429cdbbd5e2c02068b910d0be2b6ec0.gif

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Good to hear the changes Christianity Haven will undergo, will try to support the forum in someway.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Now that we have changed software I need to post how to become a Supporting Member since the link we used to have on vbulletin is not present here on Xenforo.

If you're interesting in becoming a Supporting Member (done through PayPal) then you do that through your account settings. Once you get to Your Account then click on Account Upgrades and you will see the options available.

supporting.JPG

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
One of the perks of being a Supporting Member is the ability to edit your User Title.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

As a Supporting Member you should be able to change what now reads as "Well-known member" to whatever you choose in your Account Details. It's called Custom Title.

Another perk for Supporting Members is they don't have to wait the time limit between posts/threads because they bypass that.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
As a Supporting Member you should be able to change what now reads as "Well-known member" to whatever you choose in your Account Details. It's called Custom Title.

Another perk for Supporting Members is they don't have to wait the time limit between posts/threads because they bypass that.

Hum....

I'll embrace whatever "title" you give me.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hum....

I'll embrace whatever "title" you give me.

Then you're stuck with the default until you wish to change it :)

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The ability to upgrade your account as a Supporting Member is fully back up and running! 😁

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Did you get all the funds to pay for the new program/server?

Can you give us a "financial status" report?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Did you get all the funds to pay for the new program/server?

Can you give us a "financial status" report?

We were able to fully fund the license for the new software and thank you to everyone who has ever donated to the site. We're still receiving free hosting from Jazzy's donation to us from her win on Forum Promotion. https://yaketys.com/ is her site and it's a fun place! That free hosting will end in a couple months (I need to check the exact date) so we'll have to pay monthly again after that.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A good VPS plan will surely help the site. As the post, threads, user activity are high.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A good VPS plan will surely help the site. As the post, threads, user activity are high.

We really can't afford that right now. It's something to consider for the future.

Top Bottom