THE PREACHING OF CHRIST

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Paul was saying God would stablish or strengthen the church according to Paul's gospel and by the preaching of Jesus Christ:

1) according to the revelation of the mystery

2) by the scriptures of the prophets

The preaching of Jesus Christ was by the mystery and by the prophets.

The mystery of justification by the redemption of Jesus Christ, and the body of Christ was revealed to Paul. The mystery was not revealed before Paul. The mystery was not revealed unto the prophets.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
When we remember that Gospel was preached to Israel in the wilderness (Heb 4:2), we realize that the Gospel is much more than is presented in modern theology.

And Paul's Gospel is the same that Jesus and the Apostles preached and the Prophets wrote about in the OT. Jesus confirms this in Luke, where He is addressing His disciples -

"Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?” 27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself." - Luke 24:25-27

"Christ IN you, the hope of glory" (Col 1:27) seems to be a greater revelation that Paul had; although Jesus did teach that Truth to His closest disciples as well in John 17.

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
When we remember that Gospel was preached to Israel in the wilderness (Heb 4:2), we realize that the Gospel is much more than is presented in modern theology.

And Paul's Gospel is the same that Jesus and the Apostles preached and the Prophets wrote about in the OT. Jesus confirms this in Luke, where He is addressing His disciples -

"Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?” 27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself." - Luke 24:25-27

"Christ IN you, the hope of glory" (Col 1:27) seems to be a greater revelation that Paul had; although Jesus did teach that Truth to His closest disciples as well in John 17.

Sorry, but they did not all preach the same gospel.
Here is a link to an article I wrote and also deals with Hebrews 4:2

https://3169.createaforum.com/study-to-shew-thyself-approved/differing-gospels/

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but they did not all preach the same gospel.
Here is a link to an article I wrote and also deals with Hebrews 4:2

https://3169.createaforum.com/study-to-shew-thyself-approved/differing-gospels/

I did read your article. But again, I stand by what the writer of Hebrews wrote, that "the Gospel was preached to us as well as them. But the word that they heard did not profit them, because it was not mixed with faith in those who heard it." (Heb 4:2) "Them" being those God had "saved" from bondage in Egypt. These also had been "baptized", and had "Christ" with them."
Paul covers this well in 1Cor 10, on which I've been delving into here on CH in the Bible Study forum, as well as on the To-Him-Who-Overcomes website - http://to-him-who-overcomes.com/entries/1corinthians-10-study

What you bring up in your essay is not differing Gospels, but different aspects of the same Gospel.
Paul told us, as well, that there is only ONE Gospel, not several, and he rebuked "believers" for following after another gospel -

"I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed." - Gal 1:6-9

Honestly, what is presented as the Gospel today in most denominations is not at all what is found in the Scripture. 'Accept Jesus and what He has done, and you get heaven when you die', which is about the gist of what is preached today, is NOT the Gospel.

God's Wisdom and Understanding to you as you deny yourself, pick up your cross and follow Jesus.

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I did read your article. But again, I stand by what the writer of Hebrews wrote, that "the Gospel was preached to us as well as them. But the word that they heard did not profit them, because it was not mixed with faith in those who heard it." (Heb 4:2) "Them" being those God had "saved" from bondage in Egypt. These also had been "baptized", and had "Christ" with them."
Paul covers this well in 1Cor 10, on which I've been delving into here on CH in the Bible Study forum, as well as on the To-Him-Who-Overcomes website - http://to-him-who-overcomes.com/entries/1corinthians-10-study

What you bring up in your essay is not differing Gospels, but different aspects of the same Gospel.
Paul told us, as well, that there is only ONE Gospel, not several, and he rebuked "believers" for following after another gospel -

"I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed." - Gal 1:6-9

Honestly, what is presented as the Gospel today in most denominations is not at all what is found in the Scripture. 'Accept Jesus and what He has done, and you get heaven when you die', which is about the gist of what is preached today, is NOT the Gospel.

God's Wisdom and Understanding to you as you deny yourself, pick up your cross and follow Jesus.

Here is the gospel for us

This is the gospel by which we are saved.
1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.
See Romans 3:23 Titus 3:5 Romans 5:6

Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.
See 2 Corinthians 5:21 Romans 3:24 Romans 3:25 Romans 3:26

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.
See Romans 4:25 Ephesians 1:7 Romans 4:22 Romans 4:23 Romans 4:24 1 Corinthians 1:30

All we have to do is believe the gospel.
See Romans 4:5 1 Corinthians 1:21 Ephesians 1:13

Believing is being persuaded that something is true.
See Romans 4:21

The moment you believe you have eternal life.
Titus 1:1 Titus 1:2 Titus 3:7

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Believe in Jesus Christ to have provided payment for your sins and to give you eternal life. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Here is the gospel for us

This is the gospel by which we are saved.
1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.
See Romans 3:23 Titus 3:5 Romans 5:6

Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.
See 2 Corinthians 5:21 Romans 3:24 Romans 3:25 Romans 3:26

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.
See Romans 4:25 Ephesians 1:7 Romans 4:22 Romans 4:23 Romans 4:24 1 Corinthians 1:30

All we have to do is believe the gospel.
See Romans 4:5 1 Corinthians 1:21 Ephesians 1:13

Believing is being persuaded that something is true.
See Romans 4:21

The moment you believe you have eternal life.
Titus 1:1 Titus 1:2 Titus 3:7

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Believe in Jesus Christ to have provided payment for your sins and to give you eternal life. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.

What most modern preaching has patched together from favorite verses pulled out of context, while ignoring the great bulk of the New Testament, including what the Lord Jesus, Himself, taught... is not the Gospel.

I'm sorry. But if ANY teaching of the Bible has to exclude large portions, then it is immediately suspect.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
What most modern preaching has patched together from favorite verses pulled out of context, while ignoring the great bulk of the New Testament, including what the Lord Jesus, Himself, taught... is not the Gospel.

I'm sorry. But if ANY teaching of the Bible has to exclude large portions, then it is immediately suspect.

He has provided numerous scriptures that you refuse to believe that GOD is the one who gives you eternal life...you can't earn it through your own merits. You should really stop preaching your false gospel because it's a slap in the face to the man who died on the cross and suffered for YOUR SINS.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
He has provided numerous scriptures that you refuse to believe that GOD is the one who gives you eternal life...you can't earn it through your own merits. You should really stop preaching your false gospel because it's a slap in the face to the man who died on the cross and suffered for YOUR SINS.

Hmmm... I believe every single verse he quoted, and I use them often in my teaching. The message I present is what Jesus, the Apostles and Prophets taught. If you had ever stopped by the site or read the Bible Studies you would know that. :)

The difference is that what I teach includes ALL of Scripture, including the verses often thrown at me in attempt refute me (which of course they do not); whereas to believe much of what is taught from pulpits today, or heard in "Christian" songs, large portions of Scripture, including much of what Jesus taught, has to be ignored. And, friend, we cannot dismiss any teachings of Jesus is favor of what man would say. ALL the Parable of Jesus support what I teach.
For any interested in moving past where most of the church is today, and growing in Christ, you can study with us as we delve into the Parable of Jesus and lay hold of the Truth that our Lord taught concerning the Kingdom and God's great plan and purpose for Creation - https://www.christianityhaven.com/showthread.php?7452-Parables-of-Jesus&highlight=parables

Peace & Blessings to all who will "deny themselves, pick up their cross daily and follow Jesus."

Amen.

:ange06:

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Paul said 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is the gospel, so please tell me what do you say it is.

Top Bottom