Not open for further replies.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Wrong topic. This thread is not a repudiation of OSAS and a support that one can fall from faith (and thus salvation). It's about BECOMING saved - and what we are saved from. Read the title of the thread. Read the opening post. Address the issue. If you want to repudiate OSAS.... if you want to note that falling from faith is possible... if you want to say that Chrsitians should be nice.... you'll get no argument from me (but you will from 2 or 3 posters here at CH, lol). But that's not the issue, is it?

Friend, I was only responding to questions from one of the leaders of this site. She posted it here originally hoping I would respond. She barred me from the "Lutheran Theology" forum, but still is very interested in what I teach. Mostly to refute it, but hey, as long as it gets us into the Word!

"Every word of God is pure;
He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him."

- Prov 30:5

"Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, 2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious." - 1Pet 2:1-3

Truly, I'd love to see even us here in this forum abide by the words written to us by Peter. Remember, there are many "visitors" who pop in on this site to see just what this "Christianity" is all about. If they see "malice and envy and evil speaking" among so called "Christians", what does that say to them. What does that say about us to God?

"So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; 20 for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

26 If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless."

- James 1:19-26

Let us be among those who DO, that we might "save our souls."

Amen.

Peace & Blessings.

:ange06:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Friend, I was only responding to questions from one of the leaders of this site. She posted it here originally hoping I would respond. She barred me from the "Lutheran Theology" forum,

Purposely bearing false witness shows your true nature. Our Christian Theology forum is not called "Lutheran Theology" nor does it only have Lutherans posting in it. To remind you of why you are not allowed to post in the Christian Theology section of the site (which has been discussed previously in Private Messages as well as openly in another thread so you obviously are aware of why) as well as to inform the people who come to the site to lurk, Michael does not believe in the Trinity and does not adhere to the Nicene Creed which is our site's Statement of Faith that is required for members posting in the Christian Theology area. That is per the owner's rule and has been in place for years and the owner is NOT Lutheran.

Mocking the site with false gossip is not appreciated. If you continue to bear false witness then maybe you should reconsider being a member of a Christian Forum.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom