... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Attachment through attunement is intended for the birth parents, though we have had adoptive parents come through the program as well, when the children have gone through early attachment injuries. Attunement is when a caregiver learns the cues from the child, and can anticipate and then positively respond to meet those needs in a nurturing way. This, in turn, allows the child to form a secure attachment to the safe caregiver. Forming attachments is best and easiest right after birth, but the families I work with have had attachment injuries (attachments with unsafe adults, or those who are unable or unwilling to meet their children's needs). We work with families all through early childhood through the teen years, because it's never too late to start forming healthy or healthier attachments.

That makes sense. I guess adoptive parents who took in a baby wouldn't need it as much as parents who adopted a child from foster care? I'd assume a child put in foster care would have suffered some kind of attachment injury, or they wouldn't be in foster care?

MOJS4545

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
something computer related such as IT

Top Bottom