Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
and then drop out of existence.
phpBB is one of the oldest forum scripts in existence. It was launched in 2000/2001, the same year as vBulletin. None of the more modern paid forum scripts are older than these. Invision was launched in 2002, Woltlab in 2002/2003, XenForo in 2010/2011. Data taken from Wikipedia.

These are the main 3 paid ones: Invision, Woltlab and XenForo. All three have been constantly updated for the past half a decade and I assume that the companies earn enough revenue as to continue updating them for years to come. Woltlab is the most affordable one and has some pretty neat features. But I'm inclined to think that you're going to choose XenForo because it's the most popular one.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Woltlab is the most affordable one and has some pretty neat features. But I'm inclined to think that you're going to choose XenForo because it's the most popular one.

We actually won WoltLab last year from Forum Promotion's Site Battle as a second place prize but haven't received it. I'd like to look into that but haven't heard too much about the software really.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Wow that is great, sad that you missed in getting the license. Now they have upgraded their version. So to use their latest product you need some cash.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Wow that is great, sad that you missed in getting the license. Now they have upgraded their version. So to use their latest product you need some cash.

That didn't work out well for us then did it? :(

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

They can still use a slightly older version. While the current version is 5.2, versions 3 and 5 are still supported by Woltlab. Version 4 doesn't exist, for some reason.

Upgrading from an older, supported, version to the latest version is only half the price of the original license, according to their forums.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes it is half the price, and the new version was released recently so it is better to work with old version and upgrade to new one. :)

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Now on XenForo! 😁

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
4) One Light, Dark and default theme for CH would be good. (just my preference)

We chose a long time ago to not have a Dark theme because as a Christian site we didn't want to have it associated with any evil.
Huh? A dark theme would be one that primarily uses dark colors. I would consider the new default to be a dark theme. White on black vs black on white isn't an ethical issue. Which is better depends upon the user's monitor, his vision, and preferences.

The W3C accessibility recommendations include allowing the user to choose foreground and background colors. https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/low-vision-a11y-tf/wiki/Text_Colors. But if you can only have a couple, one dark on white and one white on dark seems reasonable.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Huh? A dark theme would be one that primarily uses dark colors. I would consider the new default to be a dark theme. White on black vs black on white isn't an ethical issue. Which is better depends upon the user's monitor, his vision, and preferences.

The W3C accessibility recommendations include allowing the user to choose foreground and background colors. https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/low-vision-a11y-tf/wiki/Text_Colors. But if you can only have a couple, one dark on white and one white on dark seems reasonable.

We have this theme because it's one of the available Free themes. There are 2 others to use that are brighter but not as attractive and you can find them in the lower left hand side of the page and click on Shades of Blue.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Good work @Romanos;.... I'm sure it required a LOT of time and work and expertise (and I'm sure this will continue with fine-tuning for weeks to come)... and money too... It's appreciated!

bharath

Religious Affiliation
Hindu
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
We have this theme because it's one of the available Free themes. There are 2 others to use that are brighter but not as attractive and you can find them in the lower left hand side of the page and click on Shades of Blue.
The forum looks very clean and easy loading pages. Ive had alicense of VB 3.7, but that don't have everything like Xenforo had. The theme is good, but still if you want better one, then go with paid theme as Xenforo themes, plugins all are for money only. They don't offer good plugins or themes for free.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
As a start free themes will do the trick, as days go by we can think about paid themes. Most of the plugins are paid, and very few good free themes are available.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do update sitemap details in Google Webmaster tools so that Google knows about the url structure changes.

Top Bottom