Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I will never understand how so many strong Christians can support the radically pro-abortion Democrat Party....

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I will never understand how so many strong Christians can support the radically pro-abortion Democrat Party....
OSAS. Do whatever you want, still go home when you die.

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

I will never understand how a Christian could support the Republican Party that is filled with bigotry, prejudice, and intolerance!!

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I will never understand how a Christian could support the Republican Party that is filled with bigotry, prejudice, and intolerance!!

Personally I see far more hatred and intolerance coming from the left, ironically from the people who claim to be the most tolerant.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

That isn't a political stance though like abortion is for Democrats.

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
That isn't a political stance though like abortion is for Democrats.

It’s not a political stance. It’s a Christian stance and one that all Christians need to take into consideration when casting their votes.

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Personally I see far more hatred and intolerance coming from the left, ironically from the people who claim to be the most tolerant.

I don’t. I see equal intolerance on both sides.
Where do you see hatred and intolerance from the left that you don’t see from the right??

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Accept the LGBTQ+ community and approve of what they do or else! Also, a presidential candidate is suggesting that churches have their tax exempt status revoked if they don't approve of same-sex marriage.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...against-gay-marriage-should-lose-tax-n1065186

You don't see the right forcing people to believe as they do or suffer consequences. This same candidate also wants to confiscate guns.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pol...fiscate-ar-15s-pushes-gun-debate-to-new-level

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It’s not a political stance. It’s a Christian stance and one that all Christians need to take into consideration when casting their votes.

I see sinners on both sides. Now what?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Again I agree thatw e should take things into consideration but since noone is perfect and how about the liars and gluttons, that is sin also and since God sees all sin the same it seems to me that we would never be able to vote for anyone

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

The trouble is that a political stance is something that is associated with the ballot paper. The behaviors of other people who put an X in the same box is much less of an issue.

Of course there are extremists on the right, just as there are extremists on the left. The people who put the X in the box marked "Trump" in 2016 weren't making any claim to agree with everything Trump ever said or did, nor were they making any claim to agree with everything everyone else who marked the same box ever said or did. All they were saying was that, on balance, they'd rather have President Trump than President Clinton. The same applies to the people who put the X in the box marked "Clinton".

Yes, there are policies on both sides that are unpleasant when seen through Christian eyes. The thing is that even if some on the right don't care about kids with brown skin washing up dead on the beach because they died fleeing persecution, that doesn't stop the individual from caring. Perhaps it's difficult to adopt an orphan from Guatemala and bring them here to live but it doesn't stop a family from jumping through the hoops if they feel God calling them to do that. Of course if they find the process too onerous it's not as if there's a shortage of kids in foster care who need homes. Much of what comes from the left takes away choices - if you don't want to use your artistic skills to celebrate an event you cannot support, you get to fight for your commercial life in court as one person after another after another tries to put you out of business. Perish the thought the gay couple should find a different cake artist to decorate their cake. If you oppose anything coming from the left you are automatically a hater, a bigot, and deserve to be shut down and silenced by whatever means it takes. As someone already mentioned, there are proposals to take away tax-exempt status from churches that dare to stick to what they believe the Bible says (although I'll hazard a guess no mosques will be subject to the same restrictions)

There are aspects of right-leaning policies that do arguably stray too far into "devil take the hindmost" territory but none of them prevent anyone who cares from doing whatever they see fit to provide for the hindmost in whatever way they choose. Even that beats the tendency of the left to offer just enough to keep people dependent, while not offering enough to provide any real hope.

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Accept the LGBTQ+ community and approve of what they do or else! Also, a presidential candidate is suggesting that churches have their tax exempt status revoked if they don't approve of same-sex marriage.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...against-gay-marriage-should-lose-tax-n1065186

You don't see the right forcing people to believe as they do or suffer consequences. This same candidate also wants to confiscate guns.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pol...fiscate-ar-15s-pushes-gun-debate-to-new-level

By this statement, you place all Democrats in the same box, labeling all as immoral and baby killers!! This is wrong!
I could do that with Republicans and say they feed the rich and neglect the poor! Not Christian at all!

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
By this statement, you place all Democrats in the same box, labeling all as immoral and baby killers!! This is wrong!
I could do that with Republicans and say they feed the rich and neglect the poor! Not Christian at all!
I never mentioned abortion in that post and I never made a statement about the morality of Democrats in that statement either. There is nothing unChristian about my post. I gave examples of the intolerance of the left and gave supporting links from Democrat sources. Don't ask for examples of left-wing intolerance and then scream "UnChristian" when you get what YOU asked for!

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I never mentioned abortion in that post and I never made a statement about the morality of Democrats in that statement either. There is nothing unChristian about my post. I gave examples of the intolerance of the left and gave supporting links from Democrat sources. Don't ask for examples of left-wing intolerance and then scream "UnChristian" when you get what YOU asked for!

Someone did and called the Democratic Party the Party of abortion!
Someone also mentioned the LBGTQ and said Democrats must accept this! Not true again!!
The Democrat Party is for the working class and Republicans are for the business class!
What did I ask for that is wrong? I don’t think I mentioned asking for anything!!

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Someone did and called the Democratic Party the Party of abortion!
Someone also mentioned the LBGTQ and said Democrats must accept this! Not true again!!
The Democrat Party is for the working class and Republicans are for the business class!
What did I ask for that is wrong? I don’t think I mentioned asking for anything!!
In post #8 of this thread you asked:

"Where do you see hatred and intolerance from the left that you don’t see from the right??"

So I responded with my two examples and links to support them, neither of which talked about abortion or the morality of Democrats as a whole. You'd know this if you even bothered to read my post.

Now as to who called the Democrats the party of abortion, you need to go back and read to find out who that was, so you can direct your little tantrum their way.

I posted about Beto O'Rourke wanting to strip churches of their tax exempt status, if they didn't support gay marriage, regardless of what that church teaches and believes. I never said Democrats had to accept that. I said that his position was an example of intolerance by the Left. I also included his position to confiscate guns as another example of the Left forcing their way of life on to others who don't hold that view.

The Democrat party wants you to think they're for the working class when in fact they're not. Who is the party of the tax hike? Democrats. Nothing hurts the working class more than tax hikes. I had a bigger tax return last year than any year in recent memory. Democrats didn't enact tax cuts, Republicans did. You really need to pay attention to what you read and who said what.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Repent! That’s what

I meant on which way to vote? Do you vote for the people who want to allow for the murder of the unborn because that's the Democratic stance or do you vote for the people who might not like you?

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
zephron said:
The Democrat party wants you to think they're for the working class when in fact they're not. Who is the party of the tax hike? Democrats. Nothing hurts the working class more than tax hikes. I had a bigger tax return last year than any year in recent memory. Democrats didn't enact tax cuts, Republicans did. You really need to pay attention to what you read and who said what.

The core values of the Democratic Party are life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, justice, equality, diversity, truth, popular sovereignty, patriotism, and the rule of law.
These are the historical values that the Party was designed to address.

Taxation is not a bad thing! After all, tax money is used for infrastructure, schools, roads, and salaries of our military!
If there was zero tax we would be deficit spending all the time! That creates more debt not less!!

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I meant on which way to vote? Do you vote for the people who want to allow for the murder of the unborn because that's the Democratic stance or do you vote for the people who might not like you?

If neither party stands for the values you have, then vote Independent or third party if there is a candidate

Top Bottom