Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I bought my daughter a 3 qt Instant Pot for her birthday and am looking for recipes that others have tried and liked. Anyone?

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I bought my daughter a 3 qt Instant Pot for her birthday and am looking for recipes that others have tried and liked. Anyone?

I really want one, but I've been an old-school cook for 50 years. However, these all in one cookers sound pretty good.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I really want one, but I've been an old-school cook for 50 years. However, these all in one cookers sound pretty good.

I have read where the meat gets really tender in these pressure cookers. Plus they save time which is nice for a working person.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I have read where the meat gets really tender in these pressure cookers. Plus they save time which is nice for a working person.

That's what I've heard, the guys here at work make ribs in them and they talk about how tender they are. I've looked at them, but I always think I will use it a few times then I'll just store it away. But some of the foods I see and hear about sound so good. And yes, for someone who works and has to cook for themselves, it's nice to have a ready made meal.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's what I've heard, the guys here at work make ribs in them and they talk about how tender they are. I've looked at them, but I always think I will use it a few times then I'll just store it away. But some of the foods I see and hear about sound so good. And yes, for someone who works and has to cook for themselves, it's nice to have a ready made meal.

I have a lot of friends who swear by their Instant Pots but that was after last Christmas. I haven't seen food posts on Facebook this fall yet LOL

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Is this thing a pressure cooker or something more like a crock pot?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It works as both and chili comes to mind, it is easy, just throw it together and let it go

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Lots of crock pot recipes out there, and if meat cooks for six hours it will be very tender.

Chilli, spaghetti bolognaise, stewed beef, all sorts of things. If I recall you can cook a whole chicken in a crock pot, just not sure what settings you need.

Another advantage of a crock pot is that you get the aroma of the cooking that builds up over several hours. Depending on how long a recipe wants and how long your working day is you can potentially dump a load of stuff into it in the morning, set it to cook, and then eat when you get home from work.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think my daughter will be using it more as the pressure cooker because of the speed of cooking the meal.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Is this thing a pressure cooker or something more like a crock pot?

Some advertise that they are 7 in 1 and some 10 in 1 pots. Pressure cooker, slow cooker, you can saute in them, rice cooker, a steamer, a yogurt maker. I can't remember all it does. I think it would work great for a small kitchen, for someone that doesn't already have the 7 different pots or someone that needs the speed and hands off method of cooking.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My daughter's Instant Pot arrived today and she was home when it came so I said Happy Birthday! She's looking up recipes now :D

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
My daughter's Instant Pot arrived today and she was home when it came so I said Happy Birthday! She's looking up recipes now :D

Nice! I really do want one, but I don't want it to become just another kitchen gadget. I was talking to the Health and Wellness person here at the gym at work and they really like it for the healthy foods that it can cook quickly and unattended. They seem to think that when a person doesn't have the time they will eat unhealthy. Happy birthday to her.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Nice! I really do want one, but I don't want it to become just another kitchen gadget. I was talking to the Health and Wellness person here at the gym at work and they really like it for the healthy foods that it can cook quickly and unattended. They seem to think that when a person doesn't have the time they will eat unhealthy. Happy birthday to her.

Ask me again in 6 months if she's using it ;) She has a teeny tiny apartment and no room for a lot of cookware so if she only has to use this one thing and wash it then it's probably for the best.

Top Bottom