Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Do you make a checklist for when you move? I have always made checklists for everything!

My daughter will be moving into an apartment the beginning of November and I already told her to go through her stuff and choose the items she'll be moving because the apartment is tiny and we'll have to store the rest in our basement. She hasn't started. I don't even know if she's thought about some of the stuff she has and whether it will fit.

What is on your checklist for moving? Do you do a change of address with the USPS? Do you hire movers?

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Do you make a checklist for when you move? I have always made checklists for everything!

My daughter will be moving into an apartment the beginning of November and I already told her to go through her stuff and choose the items she'll be moving because the apartment is tiny and we'll have to store the rest in our basement. She hasn't started. I don't even know if she's thought about some of the stuff she has and whether it will fit.

What is on your checklist for moving? Do you do a change of address with the USPS? Do you hire movers?

Interesting, I was just having this very same conversation not too long ago. The last 4 times I have moved, I hired a company to move me. I didn't have to make a list because I was moving to a bigger space each time. So other than if it was broken, I had them take everything!

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We moved to new apartments 4 years back and we didn't have any checklist and it was done in a hurry and somehow it ended well.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Interesting, I was just having this very same conversation not too long ago. The last 4 times I have moved, I hired a company to move me. I didn't have to make a list because I was moving to a bigger space each time. So other than if it was broken, I had them take everything!

Didn't you have to take care of calling and scheduling gas, electric, cable, etc? That goes on my list.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We moved to new apartments 4 years back and we didn't have any checklist and it was done in a hurry and somehow it ended well.

How far was the move? Same city or across the country?

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Didn't you have to take care of calling and scheduling gas, electric, cable, etc? That goes on my list.

I guess so, didn't think about that because we've always taken possession of the new property days before we moved. We would go in and clean and paint and change things around before all our stuff arrived. So we just know we needed gas and electric (one call) and water of course. Our next move, we won't need to call the telephone company we use 100% cell. However, we're dependent on a internet company, I don't know how we could live without it.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I am in the process of moving and I just keep it in my head as I am very aware of what has to be done

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It was inside the same city and 25 km from my old apartment. We asked for help from few people near the new apartment for Gas Connection, Broadband.... and they helped us.

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Well, the first thing on my checklist for moving is... to have a place to move to. People get really mad when you just show up with all your stuff saying you want to move in. [emoji1787]

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Well, the first thing on my checklist for moving is... to have a place to move to. People get really mad when you just show up with all your stuff saying you want to move in. [emoji1787]

Well no one likes a freeloader :banana:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

The first time I moved it was from my parents' house to a room I rented in a friend's apartment. I didn't need a checklist because it was little more than loading the stuff I needed into a van and driving it. As luck had it a friend was moving in the opposite direction so we split the costs of renting the van. He helped me load my stuff into the van, we drove it to my new place and unloaded it, drove to his old place and reloaded it, drove back to his new place and unloaded it, then returned the van. Long day but no checklists needed - if there was something still in the van we weren't done yet.

The next two moves were to bigger places and the process was the same - rent van, load van, drive, unload van. Repeat as required.

The last move was a much bigger deal so I paid someone to do the work for me. Not cheap but saved me so much hassle it was worth it.

If my next move is when I'm carried out of my house in a box that's just fine with me.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

The trick is not to tell them. Show up with an overnight bag and let them think you're just stopping over. Then gradually move in. If you do it discreetly enough they don't even notice. Once you've been there 12 years (21 years in some areas) you can claim adverse possession.

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I make a check list of essentials only, but I'd love to see what everyone else checks

Top Bottom