Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Sadly till now i am a shy guy, whenever i see a chance to hide i hide and make myself not available there. But can i overcome slowly? I work and whenever i walk i feel all the employees eyes are on me actually they don't care less. But the thought keeps me bugging :=Z:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
the worst thing you can do is isolate yourself. What you focus on tends to expand and grow, so instead of thinking about what other employees think change your thoughts to focus on something else

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes i try to do that, but all my years of isolation wins over the positive thoughts. I just want to see my friends face to face, smile and be a friendly colleague.

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Sadly till now i am a shy guy, whenever i see a chance to hide i hide and make myself not available there. But can i overcome slowly? I work and whenever i walk i feel all the employees eyes are on me actually they don't care less. But the thought keeps me bugging :=Z:
Have you talked to anyone about these feelings? You may not be shy. What you're describing sounds a lot like Social Anxiety Disorder.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've always been extremely bashful, hiding behind my parents' backs when they were talking with someone and then not wanting to be called on in class because everyone would look at me. When I got older I wouldn't even ask sales associates at stores to help me with anything because that meant talking to them and I couldn't bear to do that.

What changed me (and I'm still shy just not quite as bad as before) is that I had my daughter and having her forced me to talk to her doctors and to the people who came up in the stores to tell me how pretty my baby was. I was forced to be in situations where I couldn't stand back...I had to talk. Doing that over and over again actually helped so now I can go up to a sales associate and ask a question without my face turning red and me wanting to run out of the place.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's okay to be socially odd or different to some extent I think. Like others have said, and you have affirmed; being an introvert can lend itself to further isolation and being socially uncomfortable. Being aloof one may not be able to help too much; but we can help ourselves to not make faulty conclusions based on unwarranted assumptions. That is that unless one states outright to you your fears of their colluding; then they are unfounded and based in your own mind. Even if they are not; we shouldn't ever act according to even partial assumption in my opinion.

peace

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Social Anxiety Disorder.

I think so, i haven't talked about this to anyone. Very few friends know about my shyness and not talkative nature.
[MENTION=11]Lämmchen[/MENTION]

Nice motherhood made a change in your life. The problem you have described i too face that. Asking a stranger for help, talking with people :(

Main reason i was not able to break the barrier i think it is due to less friends and communication.

Top Bottom