• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 25

    Christian Theology - Thread: For the gift of God is eternal life

    1. #1
      Lämmchen's Avatar
      Lämmchen is online now God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      52
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      20,430
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      217,083
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (439,008 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      243,670
      Level
      99
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      2.8%
      Rep Power
      1013

      For the gift of God is eternal life

      Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

      The gift of God...eternal life.

      You can't work your way into eternal life since it's a gift.

      You can't earn it since it's a gift.

      The gift is from God and it's because of Jesus the Christ who died for your sins...the wages of sin is death but for those who believe in Him they are free and will have eternal life. A life we cannot work our way into since the work was done by our Lord and Savior.

      Amen.
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

    2. Likes Josiah, Andrew liked this post
    3. #2
      Josiah's Avatar
      Josiah is offline Bronze Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      8,800
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      122,233
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      90,080
      Level
      70
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      99.42%
      Rep Power
      1008
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

      The gift of God...eternal life.

      You can't work your way into eternal life since it's a gift.

      You can't earn it since it's a gift.

      The gift is from God and it's because of Jesus the Christ who died for your sins...the wages of sin is death but for those who believe in Him they are free and will have eternal life. A life we cannot work our way into since the work was done by our Lord and Savior.

      Amen.

      Yup.


      It is the foundational, distinctive, defining point of Christianity.


      Jesus is the Savior. Which means I'm not. Not a bit, not at all. Not now, not ever. It's not because of MY heart, works, desires, requests, choices, merits, accomplishments, rights or ANYTHING in or from me. I'm not the Savior (job's taken).


      IMO, Satan works overtime to undermine this foundational, keystone point of Christianity. Works overtime to make Jesus as small and unimportant as possible, self as big and important as possible. Anything to demote Jesus from Savior to perhaps just helper, inspiration, model, example, teacher, offerer, door opener ANYTHING other than SAVIOR. Works overtime to get your eyes off Jesus and on self. Works overtime to get you to look not to the One on the Cross but the one in the mirror.


      My doctrine teacher warned us constantly to beware of those who preach/teach: "Jesus is the Savior but you......" It doesn't matter what follows, it destroys the first statement and the entire Christian faith. Jesus is the Savior. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it. All Christianity hinges on this point.
      We are justified by works - just not our own.

    4. Likes Lämmchen liked this post
    5. #3
      jsimms435's Avatar
      jsimms435 is offline Expert Member
      52
      Married
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      3,926
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      9,863
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      19,514
      Level
      39
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      40.42%
      Rep Power
      534
      No, it isn't possible to earn your way to heaven. There is nothing we can do to add to what Jesus already did for us.

    6. Likes Lämmchen liked this post
    7. #4
      psalms 91's Avatar
      psalms 91 is offline Silver Member
      Moderator
      Supporting Member
      70
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      14,214
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      1,256
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (5,018,340 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      65,669
      Level
      63
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      29.96%
      Rep Power
      681
      You are right however we will be judged at the judgement seat of Christ and we will get rewards or loss thereof based on what we did with what God gave us.
      Isaiah 40:31

    8. Likes Michael liked this post
    9. #5
      Lämmchen's Avatar
      Lämmchen is online now God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      52
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      20,430
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      217,083
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (439,008 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      243,670
      Level
      99
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      2.8%
      Rep Power
      1013
      Quote Originally Posted by psalms 91 View Post
      You are right however we will be judged at the judgement seat of Christ and we will get rewards or loss thereof based on what we did with what God gave us.
      Judgment Day...those with faith will have eternal life. Do you agree with that?
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

    10. #6
      Michael's Avatar
      Michael is offline Junior Member
      53
      Married
      May the Bread of Life be our
      portion today!
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      479
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      2,112
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,379
      Level
      12
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      60.92%
      Rep Power
      40
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Judgment Day...those with faith will have eternal life. Do you agree with that?
      Knowing that True "faith" is only proven by what we do, I could agree with that.

      As one who walked with Jesus for over 3 years, and learned directly from the Master, Peter admonishes us who have been "saved" -
      "giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

      10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
      - 2Pet 1:5-11

      Are we diligently adding those necessary elements to our faith today?

      God's Wisdom and Understanding to all.
      "I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ,
      the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God."
      - 1Cor 11:3

    11. Likes N/A liked this post
    12. #7
      Lämmchen's Avatar
      Lämmchen is online now God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      52
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      20,430
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      217,083
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (439,008 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      243,670
      Level
      99
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      2.8%
      Rep Power
      1013
      Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
      Knowing that True "faith" is only proven by what we do, I could agree with that.

      As one who walked with Jesus for over 3 years, and learned directly from the Master, Peter admonishes us who have been "saved" -
      "giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

      10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
      - 2Pet 1:5-11

      Are we diligently adding those necessary elements to our faith today?

      God's Wisdom and Understanding to all.
      Make your election sure...trust in the Lord.

      If you were to talk to an Atheist today about Jesus as Savior who died for our sins and he believes because God gives him faith to believe...then that man has a heart attack on the spot and dies...would you think God would give him eternal life? Or would you think that according to YOUR theology that man didn't do anything so he's doomed? Do you see how YOUR theology puts a burden on God's precious children instead of the true comfort of the Gospel which we should believe just like children do...trusting in Him? The sheep don't have to DO anything to be His sheep. Have faith in the Lord for your soul.
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

    13. #8
      zecryphon_nomdiv's Avatar
      zecryphon_nomdiv is offline Junior Member
      47
      Married
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Posts
      449
      CH Cash
      3,491
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      8,427
      Level
      27
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      72.95%
      Rep Power
      317
      Lämmchen, I think there is a confusion between Justification and Sanctification, just like there is confusion between Law and Gospel.

    14. Likes Lämmchen liked this post
    15. #9
      popsthebuilder's Avatar
      popsthebuilder is online now Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      1,797
      CH Cash
      34,262
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,369
      Level
      24
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      59.39%
      Rep Power
      143
      Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
      Knowing that True "faith" is only proven by what we do, I could agree with that.

      As one who walked with Jesus for over 3 years, and learned directly from the Master, Peter admonishes us who have been "saved" -
      "giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

      10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
      - 2Pet 1:5-11

      Are we diligently adding those necessary elements to our faith today?

      God's Wisdom and Understanding to all.
      You make a good point. What do you mean when you say you walked with Jesus?

      Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
      Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

    16. #10
      popsthebuilder's Avatar
      popsthebuilder is online now Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      1,797
      CH Cash
      34,262
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,369
      Level
      24
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      59.39%
      Rep Power
      143
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Make your election sure...trust in the Lord.

      If you were to talk to an Atheist today about Jesus as Savior who died for our sins and he believes because God gives him faith to believe...then that man has a heart attack on the spot and dies...would you think God would give him eternal life? Or would you think that according to YOUR theology that man didn't do anything so he's doomed? Do you see how YOUR theology puts a burden on God's precious children instead of the true comfort of the Gospel which we should believe just like children do...trusting in Him? The sheep don't have to DO anything to be His sheep. Have faith in the Lord for your soul.
      Sheep follow their Shepard.

      Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
      Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •