Remembering the Vegas Shooting

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Two years ago this tragic event unfolded and changed many lives.
A post I shared back then popped up as a memory, and I believe what the Lord is speaking to His Church is becoming even more essential for us to hear and heed today, as we near the Day of His appearing.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nat...ersary-Shooting-That-Killed-58-561850561.html

Contemplating the sad news I woke up to this morning: the horrific massacre in Las Vegas, my heart and prayers going out to the families affected, I felt the Lord impressed this passage on my spirit -

“Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, “The Kingdom of heaven may be compared to a Man who sowed good seed in His field.25 But while His men were sleeping, His enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went away.” – Matt 13:24-25

Saints, we’ve been asleep. There is the seed of the enemy among us.
Perhaps our “spirit indeed is willing, but our flesh is weak”, just as Jesus told His closest disciples. And what did He tell them – “Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation.” (Mark 14:38). Not the temptation to outright sin, but the temptation to settle, to become complacent, to fall “asleep.”

In our slumber, tolerance, and placating, we’ve allowed the “powers of darkness, the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens” to have their way among us. The Church has not built up a wall against sin. We’ve not “striven against sin to the shedding of our own blood”, “putting to death the deeds of the flesh” in order to “put the enemies of Christ under His feet.” (Heb 12:4, Rom 8:13, Heb 10:13)

It’s time for us, the Church, to WAKE UP!

“Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of My God.” – Rev 3:2

We’ve much, much more to do saints! We’ve been “saved” and entered the Kindergarten stage of our salvation. God has called us to discipleship, that we may earn our Kingdom Doctorate. The path to the complete transformed life is through repentance and surrender and humility and service.

Not to the world, but to the Church, the Word says - “Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame.” – 1Cor 15:34

Only by removing darkness from the Church, from our own homes and hearts; only by donning the “full armor of God” can we ever hope to stand and drive evil and tragedy from this earth. We pray and ask Jesus to “help us” and “heal our land”, yet when He tells us how it can be done – through death to self, by our own turning from sin and walking in the Light, we balk.

Friends, the time for complacency is coming to an end. It’s time to WAKE UP!

“You know the times in which we are living. It’s time for you to wake up. Our salvation is nearer now than when we first became believers. 12 The night is almost over, and the day is near. So we should get rid of the things that belong to the dark and take up the weapons that belong to the light. 13 We should live decently, as people who live in the light of day. Wild parties, drunkenness, sexual immorality, promiscuity, rivalry, and jealousy cannot be part of our lives. 14 Instead, live like the Lord Yeshua Christ did, and forget about satisfying the desires of your corrupt nature.”
– Rom 13:11-14

Let the saints hear. For the Spirit of the Lord is speaking. Are we willing to listen?

God’s wisdom and understanding to all,
Michael

Top Bottom