Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Do you buy books? I tend to check books out at the library unless I have a gift card. Sometimes though our library has good book sales where you can get a paperback for a quarter. I sometimes have bought books then.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I still prefer actual books! :read:

Especially since all I purchase anymore are books on the Kingdom of God. :bible:

I can highlight and notate on the pages of a real book. :)

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I haven't purchased a book in a while and I rarely read the books that I buy anyway :/
Nothings seems to grab me anymore but I like to have them for rainy days (literally)..
I never buy fiction novels so all of my books are good for reference and I'm not willing to get rid of them because I do like reading them on occasion.
I own the Quran and the book of mormon for knowledge just in case I come across someone online or in real life who believe in them -I'll have knowledge to refute them and not just sound ignorant to them.
Last book (besides scripture) I was reading was "Urantia" which is a very thick book with very thin papers (like the bible) and it's pretty much "new age spiritualism", claims to have detailed accounts of every year of Jesus life and all kinds of babble from genesis and on.. a very interesting book as long as you don't let it consume you because it's all just encyclopedia based works to make it sound believable as it creates fiction and even the science has changed since then making the book such a strange novelty

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I still prefer paper books. something about having the hard copy just feels right, and I like having a small library of favorites around to refer back to. Most are on subjects that piqued my personal or professional interest

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I said no because I get all my booksat a used book store that gives credit for the books you bring in and when I go to the VA I can usually pick up a couple books free to read and then when I take them all to the used store I have enough credit to get what I want

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I said no because I get all my booksat a used book store that gives credit for the books you bring in and when I go to the VA I can usually pick up a couple books free to read and then when I take them all to the used store I have enough credit to get what I want

I've done that before, but not many bookstores near where i live. I do like the library sales

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I get the free books on Amazon or use their monthly free lending library for Prime.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I get the free books on Amazon or use their monthly free lending library for Prime.

I do the same, but I can never finish a book. I used to belong to a monthly book club 30+ years ago and I still have books wrapped in the plastic that I haven't even opened. I haven't bought a paper book in 30 years, I read everything electronically, unless it's a gift. Even my Bible is electronic now, I fine it easier to look at many different translations and commentaries at the same time and cross referencing is simple. Underlining and highlighting is easy, and I don't mark up a real book. What I am doing and I enjoy it is reading more electronic magazines. Ezines are the best and I don't have to have subscriptions, I just read the articles that interest me.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I do the same, but I can never finish a book. I used to belong to a monthly book club 30+ years ago and I still have books wrapped in the plastic that I haven't even opened. I haven't bought a paper book in 30 years, I read everything electronically, unless it's a gift. Even my Bible is electronic now, I fine it easier to look at many different translations and commentaries at the same time and cross referencing is simple. Underlining and highlighting is easy, and I don't mark up a real book. What I am doing and I enjoy it is reading more electronic magazines. Ezines are the best and I don't have to have subscriptions, I just read the articles that interest me.

So, do you finish it when it is an electronic version?

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
So, do you finish it when it is an electronic version?

I've only finished a couple of e-books out of 8 or 9 that I have downloaded. I have never finished an audio book.

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I still prefer actual books! :read:

Especially since all I purchase anymore are books on the Kingdom of God. :bible:

I can highlight and notate on the pages of a real book. :)

You can do the same in an e-book. Plus, with an e-book, as your knowledge grows or if your understanding changes, you can change your notes. You can't do that with print books.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I usually get mine on my Kindle. We really downsized a couple of years ago and we don't have room for a lot of books. We also travel a lot. It is much easier to slip my Kindle into my purse and have all the books I want to read with me instead of taking several and wonder where they went. When it comes to Bible Studies, I prefer the actual book version over an electronic one.

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
This is the last physical book I bought. This is a Schuyler Personal Quentel Bible in Purple Calfskin.
d5766bffe031fff2d726ed3812d89847.jpg

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I usually get mine on my Kindle. We really downsized a couple of years ago and we don't have room for a lot of books. We also travel a lot. It is much easier to slip my Kindle into my purse and have all the books I want to read with me instead of taking several and wonder where they went. When it comes to Bible Studies, I prefer the actual book version over an electronic one.

I tend to use a lot of online resources when doing Bible studies such as blueletterbible.org.

Top Bottom