... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
i hope so for Trump's sake. I hope it is lies. An impeachment inquiry isn't good for our country and I hope they find nothing wrong.

So far everything that has been thrown at him has turned into nothing much of anything.

FredVB

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I think there will be lasting things to Trump still, including from being impeached, and possible legal procedings against him. And can he run again, as he undoubtedly plans to do, after those things with lasting consequence?

FredVB

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
So far everything that has been thrown at him has turned into nothing much of anything.

Trump's mismanagement of the COVID 19 crisis with the death of so many thousands cost him the most in votes. It is with his denials that it is his own doing.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Trump's mismanagement of the COVID 19 crisis with the death of so many thousands cost him the most in votes. It is with his denials that it is his own doing.

Let's not pretend the Democrats would have done any better though. When Trump was talking about restricting travel from China the Democrats were claiming it was racist and insisting people shouldn't worry and should join in the celebrations of the Chinese New Year in NYC and San Francisco. How did that work out for them?

There's also the question of just what authority the president has, given the issues around states' rights. Germany has a similar situation - they have (I think) 16 different provinces and the federal government has limited authority. And just like the US, they have issues with some people saying the government should do something while the government lacks the authority to do much of anything. On top of that, let's face it, if Trump had tried to issue rulings we all know the Democrat-controlled states would be crying about executive overreach.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

If Trump mismanaged the Covid crisis then so did every leader in other countries. I mean, for the most part what I'm seeing from data is that percentage wise the rates in the US aren't too much higher than anywhere else. Plus, are you really not going to blame the country of origin? Why is it that China is getting away with this? :(

FredVB

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I am not avoiding all the news along with the political Christian cult now. I am remaining free from them. It is clear that the virus pandemic is surging higher, in America, with there being more cases and more deaths now than previously and more than other countries, which dealt with this worldwide issue more effectively, not with a leader dismissing it and denying its seriousness for many weeks, and with flip-flopping on approaches to dealing with it. It will be remembered for this country. And if we want to blame where epidemics and pandemics come from, it comes from your contribution if you use animal products, as those diseases all come from use of animal agriculture, and more serious pandemics will come with animal agriculture still being used. The information for that is easily found online. You are only not contributing to it if you do not use animal products, they certainly are not needed for better health.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am not avoiding all the news along with the political Christian cult now. I am remaining free from them. It is clear that the virus pandemic is surging higher, in America, with there being more cases and more deaths now than previously and more than other countries, which dealt with this worldwide issue more effectively, not with a leader dismissing it and denying its seriousness for many weeks, and with flip-flopping on approaches to dealing with it. It will be remembered for this country. And if we want to blame where epidemics and pandemics come from, it comes from your contribution if you use animal products, as those diseases all come from use of animal agriculture, and more serious pandemics will come with animal agriculture still being used. The information for that is easily found online. You are only not contributing to it if you do not use animal products, they certainly are not needed for better health.

Er, yeah, sure. If I stop eating cows it will make sure no more viruses jump from animals to people in other countries. Got it.

harmonicat

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Divorced
No
bye

Last edited:

tango

Valued Contributor