Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
...to raise awareness of climate change via mass education.
The same Pope advocates Sunday as a day of rest to appreciate creation, however his personal view is that we live in a throw away culture and we are creating a filthy world for future generations to live in.. many 7th day advocates are becoming suspicious that the Vatican is using climate control as a means to enforce a weekly break from carbon emissions on Sundays...
I personally find it virtually impossible to decree a world holiday in my lifetime, but speaking to the UN about a world treaty in regards to climate change is something I see world leaders agreeing to especially if the democrat party gains power in the US, this whole business regardless of who signs up is going to cause friction and greater division throughout the world so I don't believe this is a good move, could lead to war.. or am I over thinking?

https://youtu.be/ZjLwoKRSvek

Last edited:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yawn.... just looks like someone else trying to jump on the bandwagon.

It would be great if we could get away from this notion that everything is disposable. It used to be that things like household appliances were repaired but now the cost of repair is usually higher than the cost of replacement, so the companies that gush about how much they care about the environment are still making things designed to break quickly so you have to buy another one, while the old one goes to landfill. You can always take them somewhere better, but only if you have one of those nasty pickup trucks - you can't take your dead fridge to a recycling center in a Prius.

The more I see the green agenda being at odds with the day-to-day interests of the average person the more I'm convinced it's about control rather than environmental protection. I've said many times that it makes more sense to align the environmental agenda with everyone's personal agenda. Save energy to save money is something that will appeal to most people - very few people are into wasting money for the sake of it. But when it starts to turn into more and more dictation of how we are supposed to live, while "developing nations" are apparently allowed to pollute because privilege, isn't going to change many minds.

But hey, if the Pope wants to stop flying around the world because he cares about the environment, more power to him. If he won't, we can safely ignore his words just like the other doom-and-gloom merchants who burn lots of carbon in order to preach a message of burning less carbon.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Honestly, the more this Pope pops off about political matters, the more inconsistent and illogical he makes himself seem to the world. If you have noticed, no one is hanging on his every word anymore, yet there was a time when -- rightly or wrongly -- the media, world leaders, and adoring Catholics everywhere seemed to do just that.

Top Bottom