California travel ban over refusal to fund gender transitions?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
California adds Iowa to 'travel ban' over refusal to fund gender transitions

Seriously, California?

"California announced last week that it has added Iowa to the list of states on its ever-expanding "travel ban" list because of that state's new prohibition against funding gender-transition surgeries under Medicaid.

The announcement by state Attorney General Xavier Becerra means that as of Oct. 4, California will no longer offer taxpayer-funded trips to Iowa for any public employee or student at a state-run university."

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Makes sense. It's easier to abuse power to silence dissent than to make a rational case.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What can I say?

I LOVE California.... I would not choose to live anywhere else.... but it has become a one-party state. The Democrats took unchallenged control over all branches and levels of government and the courts. And the press is their puppet. In this milieu, the left - with no balance, no challenge, no accountability - just keeps moving left. More and more nuts. How fast can we get even crazier? That seems to be the aim....

There are a FEW hold outs - but they are disappearing as the left takes them over, too (in part by recruiting illegal aliens to vote). Orange and San Diego Counties were Republican a couple of decades ago, now just small sections of them are. A few hold outs around Bakersfield and Fresno, I guess - but I'm sure they will be eliminated. It's a downward thing too because no longer will qualified, good Republican candidates WASTE their time and money running for an office they cannot win. For those of you in other states, BEWARE. Take notice. And don't think: "Only in WACKO California!" Diseases in California spread... look at many running for nomination by the Democrats for president. California CRAZY - it's coming to a place near YOU.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What can I say?

I LOVE California.... I would not choose to live anywhere else.... but it has become a one-party state. The Democrats took unchallenged control over all branches and levels of government and the courts. And the press is their puppet. In this milieu, the left - with no balance, no challenge, no accountability - just keeps moving left. More and more nuts. How fast can we get even crazier? That seems to be the aim....

There are a FEW hold outs - but they are disappearing as the left takes them over, too (in part by recruiting illegal aliens to vote). Orange and San Diego Counties were Republican a couple of decades ago, now just small sections of them are. A few hold outs around Bakersfield and Fresno, I guess - but I'm sure they will be eliminated. It's a downward thing too because no longer will qualified, good Republican candidates WASTE their time and money running for an office they cannot win. For those of you in other states, BEWARE. Take notice. And don't think: "Only in WACKO California!" Diseases in California spread... look at many running for nomination by the Democrats for president. California CRAZY - it's coming to a place near YOU.

And it's a compelling reason to reject the same people's demands for an elimination of the Electoral College. If they can buy or fabricate a half-million more votes in California or prevent a Republican from being listed on the ballot or the AIP from even existing...they still get the same 55 Electoral Votes (or whatever the number is) out of it.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Seriously, California?

"California announced last week that it has added Iowa to the list of states on its ever-expanding "travel ban" list because of that state's new prohibition against funding gender-transition surgeries under Medicaid.

The announcement by state Attorney General Xavier Becerra means that as of Oct. 4, California will no longer offer taxpayer-funded trips to Iowa for any public employee or student at a state-run university."
I think they are a whole seperate country

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think they are a whole seperate country

Beware..... things may start in California but never ends there. Many states are obsessed with copying whatever California invents. Just take a look at the Democrats running for their parties nomination... they are eager to sound more Californian than the next. It's coming to a place near you.....

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Seriously, California?

As an aside, relating to the issue of funding gender transition with Medicaid, countries where healthcare is centralised (like the UK) end up with all sorts of budgetary constrains and you can get situations where someone gets something like IVF or gender realignment paid for by the taxpayer while someone else can't get life-saving heart surgery because the waiting lists are longer than they are expected to survive without the treatment. Before wishing for a situation where the state manages healthcare, think about where that path may lead.

Top Bottom