reasons to leave a church

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
After some prayer and thought I decided to go back to the church I am a member of. I was there this morning and they said they are partnering with another church that has been dying to revitalize it. So, I decided to join the revitalization group and help this neighborhood church to revive. I would appreciate your prayers for our efforts. The other church has not been doing well for a long time and needs a lot of help.

Great!
Revitalization comes when we devote ourselves to faith and supplementing faith with virtue, knowledge, self- control, steadfastness, godliness, brotherly affection and love.

2 Peter 1:3-8 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Great!
Revitalization comes when we devote ourselves to faith and supplementing faith with virtue, knowledge, self- control, steadfastness, godliness, brotherly affection and love.

2 Peter 1:3-8 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

no great revival that I know of has happened without repentance

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
Well, it sound snowflake-ish - but I would say bullying. I mean, bullying as in being teased constantly by kids/teenagers/adults.

Well, I can take a joke - but, honestly, too much out-group bullying makes you "seem a fool" and - despite what people say - they can't/shouldn't tolerate it.

Now, other horrible things would be similar to bullying like gossip. Gossip tears a church apart because it feeds the stereotypes that churches are full of holier-than-thou snobs.

Top Bottom