Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
This is from a post I made in another thread that I believe is worthy of discussion.

---------------------------
These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, Genesis 2:4

That verse comes right after God sanctified the 7th day, the verse implies "generation" as a creative force so in Gods view it only took Him ONE day to create the heavens and the earth. A correct translation of the first verse of the Bible would read "In the creation God made the heavens and the Earth"...
---------------------
Now we do know that God views a human day as 1000 years because He operates beyond time and space.
We know that human days (24 hours) cannot exist without a sun.
We know that biblical poetry or wording is used often in scripture and is only understood by those with an ear to hear and eyes to see... meaning that it becomes obscure to those lacking spiritual understanding.
I believe that creationist mostly undermine faith when they start creating apologetics to science, to generate means to create force, Gen 2:4 implies that in ONE day, God created everything because just prior to thia verse he mentions the sabbath day (7 meaning "complete"), each day is a specific detail that God wants to share with us to simplify for us the amount of care he took into creating the "creation"...

To go on about 6 literal days just sounds too 'sciency' for me to be honest and I'm just not into the babble of trying to "prove" faith to anyone.
Science is not our enemy and I understand why they study things that can only be measured by 'man', faith just can't be measured by 'man', it's quite the most beautiful thing and blessing for us!

:)

Top Bottom