Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
(CNN)President Donald Trump said Wednesday that the US Food and Drug Administration would be putting out "some very strong recommendations" regarding the use of flavored e-cigarettes in "a couple of weeks."
Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, seated in the Oval Office with the President, first lady Melania Trump and the acting commissioner of the FDA, announced that newly proposed enforcement policy would require flavored e-cigarette companies to take their products off the market.
"It'll take several weeks for us to put out the final guidance that will announce all the parameters around the enforcement policy, and then there will likely be about a 30-day delay to effective date, as is customary," Azar said. But "at that point all flavored e-cigarettes other than tobacco flavor would have to be removed from the market."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/11/politics/donald-trump-vape-e-cigarette-flavors/index.html

Should these e cigarettes be outlawed?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think there are two issues here.

Firstly, I don't think it's any of the government's business what competent adults put into their own bodies. If people want to consume this stuff in the privacy of their own home I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be free to do so.

The flip side relates to consumption in public spaces. As a non-smoker it gets really tedious dealing with cigarette smoke and vape smoke is no different except that every time a vape user breathes out it seems they create a veritable fog bank of sickly smoke whereas at least a cigarette smoker only breathes out a small amount of smoke.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think there are two issues here.

Firstly, I don't think it's any of the government's business what competent adults put into their own bodies. If people want to consume this stuff in the privacy of their own home I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be free to do so.

The flip side relates to consumption in public spaces. As a non-smoker it gets really tedious dealing with cigarette smoke and vape smoke is no different except that every time a vape user breathes out it seems they create a veritable fog bank of sickly smoke whereas at least a cigarette smoker only breathes out a small amount of smoke.

I have heard of some deaths recently because of vaping and I think this is why they are talking about outlawing it

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have heard of some deaths recently because of vaping and I think this is why they are talking about outlawing it

Unless a lot of people have died it seems to make more sense to put a health warning on it. People die from cigarette use and alcohol use all the time but nobody is talking about outlawing them.

Top Bottom