Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (5,007,462 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      26.26%
      I believe that God works through man in many and most instances and Revelation talks of the sun burning men for six months to the point of them wanting death and hiding in caves, climate change? I think it is a real possibility
      Isaiah 40:31

2. Likes Andrew liked this post
      tango is offline Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...

Mood:
      Bemused

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (19,693,000 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      82.11%
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Adam and Eve saw the change that happened at their fall. I think for various reasons since then that mankind has suggested that the end of the world is near and this climate change talk can be added to that lot. It's as if God isn't around at all to keep the world going if He's not ready to return for Judgment Day?
      All sorts of things could indicate the end is nigh, we just have to be careful not to be running around acting as if every little thing is a Sign Of The End. Back in Paul's day people thought the end was nigh so it's not as if it's anything new. Then came the reasons why the world would end in (year) only to be revised, amended, kludged, explained away etc as the author of the latest failed prophecy tried to explain why they hadn't really got it horribly wrong.

For myself the thing I find most persuasive as far as end times discussions are concerned is the concept of how "knowledge shall increase" from Dan 12:4 - one thing that has definitely happened in recent years is that knowledge has exploded in all directions. Even so, knowledge has been growing even if at a slower pace for much longer than the last few years so it's still hard to tell whether our recent performance is indicative of the end being nigh, or just that we're closer today than we were yesterday.

The sun burning people might refer to climate change although if we assume it's caused by something we can understand it seems more likely to be a catastrophic collapse of something rather than a gradual change. If something happens to suddenly, maybe unexpectedly, destroy something like the ozone layer that allows far more UV light through to the earth, that might trigger the sun burning people. Otherwise it would seem like those with more sensitive skin would suffer for longer while those more resistant to sunburn would be OK, but the Revelation doesn't give any indication that it will work that way.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

"If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

4. Likes Andrew liked this post
      Andrew is offline Expert Member
      Mood:
      Awesome

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      82.6%
      Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
      All sorts of things could indicate the end is nigh, we just have to be careful not to be running around acting as if every little thing is a Sign Of The End. Back in Paul's day people thought the end was nigh so it's not as if it's anything new. Then came the reasons why the world would end in (year) only to be revised, amended, kludged, explained away etc as the author of the latest failed prophecy tried to explain why they hadn't really got it horribly wrong.

For myself the thing I find most persuasive as far as end times discussions are concerned is the concept of how "knowledge shall increase" from Dan 12:4 - one thing that has definitely happened in recent years is that knowledge has exploded in all directions. Even so, knowledge has been growing even if at a slower pace for much longer than the last few years so it's still hard to tell whether our recent performance is indicative of the end being nigh, or just that we're closer today than we were yesterday.

The sun burning people might refer to climate change although if we assume it's caused by something we can understand it seems more likely to be a catastrophic collapse of something rather than a gradual change. If something happens to suddenly, maybe unexpectedly, destroy something like the ozone layer that allows far more UV light through to the earth, that might trigger the sun burning people. Otherwise it would seem like those with more sensitive skin would suffer for longer while those more resistant to sunburn would be OK, but the Revelation doesn't give any indication that it will work that way.
      Man polluting the Earth is "missing the mark" and could be the result in which God uses his design to punish

tango is offline Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...

Mood:
      Bemused

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (19,693,000 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      82.11%
      Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
      Man polluting the Earth is "missing the mark" and could be the result in which God uses his design to punish
      It's possible, my point wasn't so much that it can't be related to pollution but that whatever it is, it seems more likely that the sun burning people would be caused by a sudden catastrophic failure of something in the atmosphere. If we see a gradual breakdown of some aspect of the atmosphere that protects us then it would be a problem that gets progressively worse such that some would suffer while others were OK. If that protective layer collapses or disappears more or less overnight we could see a situation in which people literally go to bed with everything just fine, and then wake up to find the sun burns them as soon as they step outside.

Many of the woes that befall the earth only affect the people who have the mark of the beast, suggesting that either God's people have been raptured before then or there's something going on that isn't as simple as climate change.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

"If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.