Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
This article in Newsweek magazine details how 11 different projects that were slated to begin soon using military funding are now being stopped due to those funds being reallocated from military spending to building the border wall

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-border-wall-funds-diverted-military-1457578

How do you feel about these funds being reallocated?

I have made it no secret that I don't think the border wall is a good idea.

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It's fine with me since a wall is a basic way to defend the country.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I read somewhere that the wall will cost less than the disastrous Obamacare web site. I have to say that is one of the most badly designed web sites I have ever come across.

I have many misgivings about the wall, specifically because it will keep a few out but is likely to be most effective against the least troublesome of the illegal immigrants while being least effective against the most troublesome illegal immigrants and because it has as much potential to cause issues for wildlife as for illegal immigration. If something the size of a jaguar can get through the wall, so can an illegal immigrant which kinda defeats the point of having it. And you can be pretty sure that before too long there will be tunnels running underneath it.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This article in Newsweek magazine details how 11 different projects that were slated to begin soon using military funding are now being stopped due to those funds being reallocated from military spending to building the border wall

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-border-wall-funds-diverted-military-1457578

I have made it no secret that I don't think the border wall is a good idea.

I understand that within guidelines, this is legal and has OFTEN been done. I understand that every Democrat President for the half century has redirected military funds at some point. I don't know of anyone who has accused the Administration of violating the law, only that some don't like how redirected funds are being applied. Sour grapes. Anti-Trumpism.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I understand that within guidelines, this is legal and has OFTEN been done. I understand that every Democrat President for the half century has redirected military funds at some point. I don't know of anyone who has accused the Administration of violating the law, only that some don't like how redirected funds are being applied. Sour grapes. Anti-Trumpism.

they clearly get it that he is going around them to get what he wants, which is exactly what he is doing

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
they clearly get it that he is going around them to get what he wants, which is exactly what he is doing

I'd SURE not argue with that. But as I understand it, it's perfectly legal and every president has done it.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The wall is a bad idea and taking money from defense is horrible

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

A lot of the griping seems to follow the reasoning of "if our guy does it then it's OK because the ends justify the means, but if your guy does it he's trying to get around the system which is bad".

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A lot of the griping seems to follow the reasoning of "if our guy does it then it's OK because the ends justify the means, but if your guy does it he's trying to get around the system which is bad".

BINGO

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

That seems to be the case these days for anything. It's like a civil war.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That seems to be the case these days for anything. It's like a civil war.

I often wonder how long it will before before either another civil war kicks off in the US, or the country splits into two.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The wall is a bad idea and taking money from defense is horrible

I agree. I don't think creating a wall is going to really stop people. I think it would be better to help countries south of the border so that people would want to stay there instead of come to the US

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I agree. I don't think creating a wall is going to really stop people. I think it would be better to help countries south of the border so that people would want to stay there instead of come to the US

Isn't that more of a United Nations duty and not our own personal responsibility?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Isn't that more of a United Nations duty and not our own personal responsibility?

Without the US leadership at the UN the UN is nothing. We have to lead by example and then encourage other countries to follow our lead

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Without the US leadership at the UN the UN is nothing. We have to lead by example and then encourage other countries to follow our lead

I know some Spanish, Germans, Danes, British ...... and that statement would be disgusting, absolutely revolting to them. That attitude is EXACTLY what they think is so very wrong.

Asuk

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Military funds, equipment, and troops should be dispatched to the border.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I know some Spanish, Germans, Danes, British ...... and that statement would be disgusting, absolutely revolting to them. That attitude is EXACTLY what they think is so very wrong.

never the less I stand by what I wrote.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Spending on defense one way vs. spending for defense another way.

It's hard to get excited about this issue, but if I had to choose, I suppose it is sensible to spend scarce funds on the most pressing or immediate needs, and in this case that would be the wall.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Illegal immigration should be treated as a national threat, it weakens the economy and infrastructure, it's been said that all empires collapses from within, it it is however within our hands that we can prevent this lest we be usurped by illegal migrant.
Every good patriot should want every person here to be accounted for! We need to know their history and their honesty, they don't need my permission, they have the rights as outsiders to come in the correct way. Walls go up and illegal crossings goes down, plain and simple.
Walls are everywhere, we work in them, they are good sturdy walls, we rely on them so that we don't have disorder and things stolen.. Trump made a great comment about peoples hatred for walls, people say they are medieval, Trump exclaimed "so are wheels but we need them" walls are awesome security.
"What about tunnels and planes?" i say, lets first focus on walls.

Top Bottom