Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I got an offer where one is willing to sell the 3.8 version or 4.x to me. But i haven't used or worked with vBulletin admin panel. So thought of asking here.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got an offer where one is willing to sell the 3.8 version or 4.x to me. But i haven't used or worked with vBulletin admin panel. So thought of asking here.

Have you used Xenforo before? I ask because if I had the opportunity to buy a vBulletin or Xenforo license I'd go for Xenfor. VBulletin has some issues and isn't always intuitive when using the Admin panel. For permissions it's a nightmare!!

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have used the Xenforo demo and it was nice. Easy to set things up.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have used the Xenforo demo and it was nice. Easy to set things up.

I was so against Xenforo for a long time because it looked so sterile. It's evolved since then and I enjoy using it at other sites and lament that lack of user friendly tools here on vBulletin. Plus you have to remember there really isn't much support or new modifications for vbulletin!

bharath

Religious Affiliation
Hindu
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I like Vbulletin 3.7 version or 3.8 version but not higher versions. Vbulletin is good and had a lot of free themes, plugins, but Xenforo doesn't had such things. All good plugins are paid versions and at the moment Xenforo is great and updates every month.
Xenforo loads very fast and smooth without glitches and is updated according to the PHP versions.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thanks for your input, i finally settled with MyBB as i run my project for fun and i don't want to spend more in paid forum software.

bharath

Religious Affiliation
Hindu
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Yeah, thats good and managing is easy with them than SMF. I used to run Mybb in the past and then converted to VB, but presently it is on Xenforo.
If we use properly, then their is no requirement for a paid software and the only thing is we struggle for plugins and themes.

Ash

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Single
No
In terms of paid forum software, Xenforo is the best but I guess that will totally depend on what your budget is. Since someone is looking to sell you a vBulletin license, you will most likely get a really good deal for it as he will be re-selling it to you. vBulletin is not a bad software but it is somewhat outdated compared to the newer software that is dominating right now like XenForo and IPB

Top Bottom