Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Today is the first day of school in my town and others nearby. Was the first day of school stressful for you or did you look forward to it? I loved the first day of school because I could see my friends again who lived on the other side of town. My mom wouldn't drive me over to their house and she wouldn't let me ride my bike that far until I was in high school so I only got to hang out with kids who were in a 5 block radius.

I loved getting my brand new pair of shoes for the year! Sometimes we could afford Buster Brown! They always gave me blisters but I loved my new shoes. We weren't rich so it was wonderful to get something new.

I got some new clothes too but not a lot. Even if it was the hottest day of the year I'd wear my new heavy sweater...because it was NEW! I didn't care.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Today is the first day of school in my town and others nearby. Was the first day of school stressful for you or did you look forward to it? I loved the first day of school because I could see my friends again who lived on the other side of town. My mom wouldn't drive me over to their house and she wouldn't let me ride my bike that far until I was in high school so I only got to hang out with kids who were in a 5 block radius.

I loved getting my brand new pair of shoes for the year! Sometimes we could afford Buster Brown! They always gave me blisters but I loved my new shoes. We weren't rich so it was wonderful to get something new.

I got some new clothes too but not a lot. Even if it was the hottest day of the year I'd wear my new heavy sweater...because it was NEW! I didn't care.

I look forward to the kids going back to school. It means coffee shops and the like are much quieter during the day.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I look forward to the kids going back to school. It means coffee shops and the like are much quieter during the day.

What about when you were a kid?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What about when you were a kid?

I didn't like school much, so the end of a long summer holiday wasn't something to be happy about. It really annoyed me when, about a day into the summer holidays, all the shops were full of "back to school" promotions.

Top Bottom