Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Do you feel that weddings should be done within the church walls or are you okay with them being performed outside of the church building?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do you feel that weddings should be done within the church walls or are you okay with them being performed outside of the church building?

I don't think it matters, it's largely up to the couple.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
My wife & I were wed outdoors in a beautiful Garden setting. Our Pastor performed the ceremony in front of God and 52 friends & family. :)

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't think it matters. I really would not have minded having our ceremony outdoors

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
Keep in mind that a marriage occurs when two loving people decide to commit to each other. They marry each other. Church or state are really only formal witnesses to this union. The church did not even mandate formal weddings until the eleventh century. Let the couple decide.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I feel they should be done inside a church. However, when I got married, it was done inside a church that I was not a member of.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I feel they should be done inside a church. However, when I got married, it was done inside a church that I was not a member of.

Same here. I got married in a beautiful Catholic church where there was a mass. If I ever got married again in my lifetime it will be within a church and the liturgical service will be held because I would want everyone to know that God is a presence in the marriage.

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
To me the Church is the people. Buildings are really useful; I don't want to devalue them. But the key item for both weddings and even normal worship is the congregation, not the building.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I guess it's all where you get married. Many countries, Mexico for one, a church wedding (religious) is not legally binding. Only a judge (civil) can marry a couple, my daughter was married in Mexico and it was on the beach. It was beautiful, but it was done by the local magistrate. Therefore, if you are married in a religious wedding (church) in Mexico, it's not legally binding in the USA. I was married in Hawaii, on the island of Kauai, in the Fern Grotto... breathtaking. But since it was in the USA, we were married by a Pentecostal preacher (not my denomination) but that was who was available. So it's just between the couple and God, the rest is fluff.

Top Bottom