Did the ancient Pagan Religions get picked up as 'tradition'?

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
There were liberal arts and psycological schools of course.
Which was a break down of communal oppression.
Social engineering is another old tact.

The Greco/Romans assimilated the taxation system to maintain their caste system. And when the eventuality of losing against the disciples of Yeshua. A decision to occult(assimilate their taxation efforts into a form of a tithe.
A form still used till this era of governing.
It wasn't till after murdering The savior with a corrupt praetorium form of vote a certain order of priest was constructed similar to an infrastructure of trade they already had.

Keep up youngin
Where do you get this information? Seriously (books? Authors?) I wouldn't mind reading

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Where do you get this information? Seriously (books? Authors?) I wouldn't mind reading

Without spiritual armor navigating the terrain of Torah will be difficult.

History has been convoluted with fiction.

And the enemy has used time like water to stir currents of confusion.

Start with sowing to the Winds with water from 4 rivers.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Without spiritual armor navigating the terrain of Torah will be difficult.

History has been convoluted with fiction.

And the enemy has used time like water to stir currents of confusion.

Start with sowing to the Winds with water from 4 rivers.
Is that last one a book or are you just being poetic? :)

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Is that last one a book or are you just being poetic? :)
Name the 4 rivers and you will find more than comfort.
There is a place time where the Euphrates is of concern.

Ask yourself why the occupied and occulted priest are obssed with numbers while pure instructions are freely given by lashon?

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Well lets take a closer look. Here is from Wikipedia:

"The Pontifex Maximus (Latin, literally: "greatest pontiff" or "greatest bridge-builder") was the high priest of the College of Pontiffs (Collegium Pontificum) in ancient Rome. This was the most important position in the ancient Roman religion, open only to patricians until 254 BC, when a plebeian first occupied this post. ,,,The word "pontifex" later became a term used for Christian bishops,[5] including the Bishop of Rome,[6] and the title of "Pontifex Maximus" was applied within the Roman Catholic Church to the Pope as its chief bishop and appears on buildings, monuments and coins of popes of Renaissance and modern times."

So what was the Collegium Pontificum? We read on in Wikipedia "The College of Pontiffs (Latin: Collegium Pontificum; see collegium) was a body of the ancient Roman state whose members were the highest-ranking priests of the state religion....The College of Pontiffs was one of the four major priestly colleges, the others being of the augurs (who read omens), the quindecimviri sacris faciundis ("fifteen men who carry out the rites"), and the Epulones (who set up feasts at festivals)."

The present-day college of cardinals with the Pope at the head is identical to the college of pontiffs from Babylon and Ancient pagan Rome with the Pontifex Maximus at the head. So the ancient Pagan religion all the way from Babylon were incorporated into Papal Rome through symbols, rituals, and ceremonies. We see the Roman clergy wear the same vestments of the priests of Dagon, the fish-god. We read of the pagan god Dagon in scripture, 1 Samuel 5:

1 And the Philistines took the ark of God, and brought it from Ebenezer unto Ashdod.2 When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon.3 And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the Lord. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again.4 And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the Lord; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him.5 Therefore neither the priests of Dagon, nor any that come into Dagon's house, tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod unto this day.6 But the hand of the Lord was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and he destroyed them, and smote them with emerods, even Ashdod and the coasts thereof.7 And when the men of Ashdod saw that it was so, they said, The ark of the God of Israel shall not abide with us: for his hand is sore upon us, and upon Dagon our god.

The fish-head mitre, worn by bishops and popes is also the same as the ancient mitre used by the priesthood of Babylon.

Now this is interesting on how the names were changed...

"What actually happened was the name “Christianity” was given to the pagan Babylonian mystery religion with but a few necessary changes. The temples became the churches, the priests and nuns became the leaders of Christianity. The statues and festivals were given new names, but it was the same system with a new name. Only the names were changed to deceive the innocent. Astarte or Cybele became Mary, and Tammuz, Baal or Bacchus became Jesus, etc."https://bible.org/seriespage/babylon-seen-scripture-introduction-rev-17-18

Nothing like revisionist history and Wikkipedian Christianity...

If you ask Native Alaskan Christians about their "original belief system" they will tell you they have always been Christians, and that their Shamanic practices and beliefs prior to their being missionized by the Russian Monks were all preparatory for the reception of Christ... Christianity Christianizes the pre-Christian human conditions of the human soul...

You seem to regard this evolution of man from evil to Good as the evil determining the Good...

And you have it backwards...

Arsenios

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Nothing like revisionist history and Wikkipedian Christianity...

Arsenios

That seems to be all that "Christianity" Haven has become lately. Is there some way to save this forum?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
That seems to be all that "Christianity" Haven has become lately. Is there some way to save this forum?
I don't trust Wikipedia, like I guess it's alright to learn about something on the fly but unless you click on all the cited sources and read the context of those sources you might as well read a good hard physical book and study them, go to a library if it's so important.. I got a good o fashion encyclopedia set that I choose over Wikipedia unless it's something recent.. but they cite a lot of bad sources or citations are needed, meaning you can claim just about anything until it's pulled from the page and you can just re add it, but the average person ignores those "citation needed" notes so pfffft to all that

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't trust Wikipedia, like I guess it's alright to learn about something on the fly but unless you click on all the cited sources and read the context of those sources you might as well read a good hard physical book and study them, go to a library if it's so important.. I got a good o fashion encyclopedia set that I choose over Wikipedia unless it's something recent.. but they cite a lot of bad sources or citations are needed, meaning you can claim just about anything until it's pulled from the page and you can just re add it, but the average person ignores those "citation needed" notes so pfffft to all that

Okay, but I think Arsenios was using the word there in a casual sense, like speaking of 'do-it-yourself' theology or 'pop' theology. Wikipedia's entries, after all, are compilations of whatever any number of unknown people wanted to post, and yet it is taken to be the final word on everything by some people.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Okay, but I think Arsenios was using the word there in a casual sense, like speaking of 'do-it-yourself' theology or 'pop' theology.

The point was that antecedent beliefs were transformed by Christianity...

Observing antecedents and attributing Christianity as their effect is error...

The Shaman-practices of the Innuits, in Alaska, simply fell by the wayside...

Their function had been fulfilled...

The Life of the Ekklesia is a full time and vital occupation...

Conjuring up the Great Spirit of the Polar Bear is passe/blase...

A.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The point was that antecedent beliefs were transformed by Christianity...

Observing antecedents and attributing Christianity as their effect is error...

The Shaman-practices of the Innuits, in Alaska, simply fell by the wayside...

Their function had been fulfilled...

The Life of the Ekklesia is a full time and vital occupation...

Conjuring up the Great Spirit of the Polar Bear is passe/blase...

A.

Sure, but it was your reference to "Wikipedian Christianity" that Andrew was commenting on..

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Okay, but I think Arsenios was using the word there in a casual sense, like speaking of 'do-it-yourself' theology or 'pop' theology. Wikipedia's entries, after all, are compilations of whatever any number of unknown people wanted to post, and yet it is taken to be the final word on everything by some people.
Ah yes, youtube Christianity is so horrible, black hebrew israelites completely butcher scripture so do the free thinkers, one guy said that after death if you see Jesus it's really satan deceiving you and you will either go with him or rest soul sleep until Jesus wakes you up lol nevermind don't get me started.. I liken it to the armchair critics as well. Sorry im getting off topic I think, but there is an odd youtube christianity that is likened to gnostic teachings, these people have never been to a church in their life yet are experts at interpreting scripture lol

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Top Bottom